How far is your Wipeout progression?

DaRe

• 2 weeks later...

I am currently working on Elite campaign and beating Zico. Those are the only 2 trophies I have left.

Beat Zico was the first thing i worked on. I wanted that out the before anything else lol.

Not looking forward to Zone ones tho. Especially using only airbreaks...

I've done the campaign on novice (all gold) and now I'm working on the Elite run. I still need bling brigade and have a few people together if anyone still needs that. I hate that trophy due to the difficulty of setting up a session with enough people. I have about 4 or 5 others so I still need some more.

I also need Beat Zico. I've heard how difficult that one can be. I'll give it my best ^_^

I am sitting at 21%. I was lucky, and got bling brigade almost immediately after I got the silver skin. I have golded the first 2 worlds on elite, but not much farther. I had trouble placing in the last world even on novice lol.

After 99 laps, I got my time down to 51.58 trying to beat Zico. I cannot seem to get the barrel roll onto the top path down, so I need more work on that. Not looking forward to the Elite run :(

yeah been playing Wipeout hd for the past 3 years off and on, one of my favorite games. Now just playing on elite exclusively. The airbrakes is easy to get use to. I actually used one of the DLC tracks to get my trophy for that. Syncophia or something...Just takes practice really. I do enjoy zone mode though.

yeah been playing Wipeout hd for the past 3 years off and on, one of my favorite games. Now just playing on elite exclusively. The airbrakes is easy to get use to. I actually used one of the DLC tracks to get my trophy for that. Syncophia or something...Just takes practice really. I do enjoy zone mode though.

Do you use airbrakes sensitivity of 100%

well that's how i did it. Yes just use airbrakes to steer. Don't even breathe on the D-pad or control sticks. It's like L2 and R2 and just press them. The double tap makes you jump sharply I think.

That sounds nuts...I'll have to give it a try. I'm sure it's tough to learn, but cuts down times pretty well?

hmm well honestly I never tried to barrel roll while using just the airbrakes so idk if it is possible.

Well like i said, once i got use to it I thought it was very similar to just steering with a control stick. You just get use to banking left or right.

• 1 month later...

It may be fun to just use airbrakes but i doubt that you could win an elite race because airbrakes slow you down and with no barrel rolls it would be basically impossible to win.

Without a doubt. I was just talking about using just the airbrakes for the trophy where you have to get to zone 50 using only airbrakes. Yeah no way you can actually win an elite race using only airbrakes. Didn't mean to mislead people into thinking that's all I used in every mode.

Right now I am at 64/87 elite golds. been playing every night, slowly but surely getting there. So 23 elite golds and beating zico is all I need for platinum.

Update: I have the Wipeout HD plat now. My last trophy was beating zico which I will admit takes a bit of luck. Running a good line is probably the most important part. I mean everyone by now knows where you have to hit the barrel rolls but the most important stretch for me was figuring out how to use the hill where you boost to do the first barrell roll. How you come off of that, what line you use, if you can hit one of the speed pads in the middle before the narrow part of the track was key. I would get mostly the rest of it the same almost everytime. Changing and perfecting that part was key for me.

Edited by allenbird

• 6 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Beat Zico was the first thing i worked on. I wanted that out the before anything else lol.

Not looking forward to Zone ones tho. Especially using only airbreaks...

The Airbreaker trophy is not that difficult. I managed to do it on Syncopia. and i dont even got to zone Zeus  yet.