My personal thoughts about the game and plat

cbh114

Good Writeup,

I think it's a fantastic game, one i've been working on slowly when I feel the need to shoot shit in the air haha. Working on S ranking every mission on ACE, while medal cleanup.

The grinding parts like 40mil and flying 76.5 are a bit of a put off. But if you are willing to spam through MP for the Money and just free fly on a mission with no enemies you can just circle around for 30 min cycles.

It's also amazing the only lobbies are still active and with them dropping new planes and skins, its a nice change from burn off new game burn off again etc.

• Like 3

I have been trying for ages to decide if I should get this or not.  I've never played an aerial game before, and this looks really cool.

The multiplayer trophies have 100% scared me off so far.  I could always just get it to have fun and not think about the trophies, but I'd still really wanna get them.

If I found people to help boost them, or a very patient vet to come along and give tips on how to improve I'd get it in a heartbeat.

It'd be neat to play a new type of game , and at worst would be learning I'm not into flying games.  Thanks for the post, was a good read

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Lavenza said:

Good Writeup,

I think it's a fantastic game, one i've been working on slowly when I feel the need to shoot shit in the air haha. Working on S ranking every mission on ACE, while medal cleanup.

The grinding parts like 40mil and flying 76.5 are a bit of a put off. But if you are willing to spam through MP for the Money and just free fly on a mission with no enemies you can just circle around for 30 min cycles.

It's also amazing the only lobbies are still active and with them dropping new planes and skins, its a nice change from burn off new game burn off again etc.

Thank you. Personally for the mrp I bought the SP mission 2 for 7.55$ Au no idea what it would be in other countries. But if you complete it with an S ranking which is super easy to do youll get about 350k mrp and then some more. I recommend the F22 because of its good stats and the XSDB bombs. I was consistently getting 600k per run (took me 15-18 mins each run). With the Km I just rubberbanded my controller in free flight.

42 minutes ago, Kcrack_Km said:

Have had this in the backlog for a while now, no issues finding people playing online in TDM, or did you have to boost that as well? Asking because Aus servers are dead for a lot of games.

I'm Australian and found plenty of matches, I was surprised myself. The only thing i boosted was one win in Battle royal purely because I wasn't skilled enough to get that myself at the time of doing the multiplayer trophies. Also btw we did sniper elite 4 together lol

That understandable. My one big criticism that I forgot to mention that the story was a bit lackluster but I wasn't really caring about that in the beginning 

25 minutes ago, tommyrotts said:

I have been trying for ages to decide if I should get this or not.  I've never played an aerial game before, and this looks really cool.

The multiplayer trophies have 100% scared me off so far.  I could always just get it to have fun and not think about the trophies, but I'd still really wanna get them.

If I found people to help boost them, or a very patient vet to come along and give tips on how to improve I'd get it in a heartbeat.

It'd be neat to play a new type of game , and at worst would be learning I'm not into flying games.  Thanks for the post, was a good read

I was deliberating it to, but I'm very glad I picked it up, it was super fun. The multiplayer trophies are super easy, besides one which is for winning a battle royal, however if you have a friend or another console you can boost this in a private match easy. The trophy for winning in a deathmatch is super easy as you can Randoms to carry you. All other trophies you can essentially earn afk as there is no kick timer for being afk as matches are so short. You would earn all the sorties trophies super easy. The 150 performance evaluations you'll get through afking as you'll get about 6 per match if you leave your controller idle. I recommend you play it 

Edited by cbh114
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, tommyrotts said:

You know, maybe I will grab it, just saw it's like 7 bucks right now, may as well give it a go.  Thanks for the motivation 

That's all good, I wish you lucky on your platinum journey 

I'm a big fan of Ace Combat since Electrosphere. That was my very first game i've ever played in my life. So i came for all the rest of the saga and played them all. Got S rank in Ace difficulty in all PS2 and PSP games, unlocked all weapons, skins and aircraft. Bought an Xbox 360 just for play Fires of Liberation and a Nintendo 3DS for Assault Horizon Legacy+. Got A rank on hard in AC3 (japan edition). Played a lot AC Infinity and got the platinum of AC Assault Horizon. Sadly i couldn't buy pre-sale of AC7 so i do not have Unsung War to plat, that would be very fun.

And now i have a PS4 and i'm playing this last game. The game looks great, it runs at 60 fps and has some new mechanics like flying in clouds or freezing in high attitudes. I found the campaign kinda hard at first time, but like the other games, it's just a matter of time that after a few tries, i'll pass them easily. 

As for the multiplayer trophies, do not be scared. I won my first Battle Royale match with no effort. There are rooms that limits the cost of your plane, that means you will not be playing against SU-57 while you are in your first F-16C. Also there's no need to shut down enemies to gain points, just damage them. In fact, the more expensive the enemy airplane is, the more points you gain if you hit them. Once you win your first free for all and team deathmatch, the rest is just playing over and over again until you met the 50 sorties requirement per mode.

Remember you only need ONE win per mode (Battle Royale, (aka Free for All) and Team Deathmatch). Matches lasts 5 minutes or so, so do not get frustrated if you lose.

No need to boost, really. Rooms are very active and doesn't matter if you win or lose.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, AN0n1m8 said:

I'm a big fan of Ace Combat since Electrosphere. That was my very first game i've ever played in my life. So i came for all the rest of the saga and played them all. Got S rank in Ace difficulty in all PS2 and PSP games, unlocked all weapons, skins and aircraft. Bought an Xbox 360 just for play Fires of Liberation and a Nintendo 3DS for Assault Horizon Legacy+. Got A rank on hard in AC3 (japan edition). Played a lot AC Infinity and got the platinum of AC Assault Horizon. Sadly i couldn't buy pre-sale of AC7 so i do not have Unsung War to plat, that would be very fun.

And now i have a PS4 and i'm playing this last game. The game looks great, it runs at 60 fps and has some new mechanics like flying in clouds or freezing in high attitudes. I found the campaign kinda hard at first time, but like the other games, it's just a matter of time that after a few tries, i'll pass them easily. 

As for the multiplayer trophies, do not be scared. I won my first Battle Royale match with no effort. There are rooms that limits the cost of your plane, that means you will not be playing against SU-57 while you are in your first F-16C. Also there's no need to shut down enemies to gain points, just damage them. In fact, the more expensive the enemy airplane is, the more points you gain if you hit them. Once you win your first free for all and team deathmatch, the rest is just playing over and over again until you met the 50 sorties requirement per mode.

Remember you only need ONE win per mode (Battle Royale, (aka Free for All) and Team Deathmatch). Matches lasts 5 minutes or so, so do not get frustrated if you lose.

No need to boost, really. Rooms are very active and doesn't matter if you win or lose.

thats great, I would go back but I dont want to play the ps2 version on ps4 and dont own a ps3

On 11.1.2023 at 4:47 AM, tommyrotts said:

You know, maybe I will grab it, just saw it's like 7 bucks right now, may as well give it a go.  Thanks for the motivation 

If you haven't bought it already may I suggest getting the Deluxe Edition. I can't fully confirm but when I bought it back in 2020 it came with a digital version of Ace Combat 5 which was a special release promo that they some how left in there by accident. You essentially get two games for one and if the multiplayer puts you off then try out AC5 first which doesn't have multiplayer trophies.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/19/2023 at 10:16 AM, StandSilent said:

If you haven't bought it already may I suggest getting the Deluxe Edition. I can't fully confirm but when I bought it back in 2020 it came with a digital version of Ace Combat 5 which was a special release promo that they some how left in there by accident. You essentially get two games for one and if the multiplayer puts you off then try out AC5 first which doesn't have multiplayer trophies.

This was only in the EU version of the PS Store, and this was before the Top Gun Maverick editions were made. AC5 is no longer available in any way without game sharing. See this topic for more information.

• 2 weeks later...