PlayStation Classics Issues

jefXfree
Message added by BlindMango,

Please be courteous & understanding when giving feedback for PlayStation Classics. It takes time to process the feedback you give and some fixes may take longer to sort out than others. Please avoid requests for new games and trophy lists as this thread is purely for feedback on existing games.

If you report a bug, please provide the following

• PSP: System Language
  • PS1: NTSC or PAL -- If PAL, which system language (NTSC is the default)

Not an issue with the Classics themselves but I'd love to see something on the official website or on social media asking what classic games they'd like to see, perhaps as a poll, and then follow that up with a PS Blog post about what games we could realistically expect/will never happen, and just about the general process of how much work its takes to emulate them and possibly a potential roadmap for what the plans are for the classics going forward?

I know these classics are a niche thing, but the people who are interested them/pay for Premium are really passionate about them, and I think I can speak for most of us when I say we'd love some more communication about it. Would that kind of thing be possible?

• Like 1

I was wondering if Hot Shots Golf 2 was supposed to be free for owners of the PS3 release. All the other sony IP's have been free for previous owners as far as I can tell, and Syphon Filter 3 which initially did not show as free has since been fixed so I am hoping that its just a bug for Hot Shots Golf 2 as well.

This might be outside of your role but if you could pass this along or point me in the direction of who I should ask that would be swell.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, MrHealthy said:

I was wondering if Hot Shots Golf 2 was supposed to be free for owners of the PS3 release. All the other sony IP's have been free for previous owners as far as I can tell, and Syphon Filter 3 which initially did not show as free has since been fixed so I am hoping that its just a bug for Hot Shots Golf 2 as well.

This might be outside of your role but if you could pass this along or point me in the direction of who I should ask that would be swell.

Can you send me your PSN ID?  Here or DM. Whatever is easiest for you.

• Like 1

Not sure if it's an issue with the game specifically, or the emulator, but I had some issues with Worms Armageddon occasionally crashing (on PS4). It would usually happen if I used the rewind feature or reloaded save states a bit too liberally. Haven't tried the PS5 version of it, so can't comment on that.

20 hours ago, MrHealthy said:

Is this working now?

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, jefXfree said:

Super Stardust Portable patch 1.02 released (Also first release of PS4 version):

Added Trophy Support.
    Added Arabic UI support.
    Added Ukrainian UI support.
    Updated Rewind feature.
    UI Improvements.
    Audio Fixes.
    General Bug Fixes.

Can we expect further trophy supports for other PS classics that did not get one?

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, jefXfree said:

Super Stardust Portable patch 1.02 released (Also first release of PS4 version):

Added Trophy Support.
    Added Arabic UI support.
    Added Ukrainian UI support.
    Updated Rewind feature.
    UI Improvements.
    Audio Fixes.
    General Bug Fixes.

YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO This is huge that a PS Classic gets trophy support in a patch after the fact! Means it could happen for others like Resident Evil and Tekken 2!

• Like 2

11 hours ago, AndreFidalpheus said:

This is a great update, getting the trophies for this game was a lot of fun. More, please!

Also, the PSP emulator is missing a vital feature, which is allowing users to map buttons to the right analog stick. The PSP didn't have a right stick, so games usually implemented their own awkward solutions, like mapping camera movement to the face buttons. This game is the perfect example of that.

The PS Vita's PSP emulator had this feature, so may you please look into this? Thank you!

Yep, just to echo this. The control remapping features which the PSP emulator on the PS Vita had is probably the single biggest quality of life improvement missing from these PSP releases - if you could essentially replicate that in this emulator it will make a lot of games much more playable than they were.

• Like 3

Hello thread creator and everyone else, I just wanted to say that I was very excited to see the awesome Super Stardust Portable getting a PS 4/PS 5 port with trophy support.

I previously bought this PSP version on PS 3 and this new port should be available to download free of charge but it currently only shows the price. Is there a way to update the store so I can claim and download this amazing game? I'm in Sweden by the way, so I guess the issue affects EU PSN at the moment since US residents have been able to redeem it free of charge if they bought it previously. Thanks in advance ??

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Cosmokeeper said:

Hello thread creator and everyone else, I just wanted to say that I was very excited to see the awesome Super Stardust Portable getting a PS 4/PS 5 port with trophy support.

I previously bought this PSP version on PS 3 and this new port should be available to download free of charge but it currently only shows the price. Is there a way to update the store so I can claim and download this amazing game? I'm in Sweden by the way, so I guess the issue affects EU PSN at the moment since US residents have been able to redeem it free of charge if they bought it previously. Thanks in advance 1f60a.png1f64f.png

What is your PSN ID?  Please DM if you don't want to post here.

Oh wow thanks a lot for your super swift response ? Ah thanks for your consideration but that's okay. My PSN ID is the same as my username here: Cosmokeeper.

I can check the date on which I bought the PSP version on PS 3 if you need that as well? ?

Edited by Cosmokeeper

16 minutes ago, andshrew said:

While you're checking missing free upgrades, please check Resident Evil which is missing the free upgrade in the US but available in the EU. 1f601.png

What's your PSN ID?

I passed along the info. I see that you may be using an EU account.

Edited by jefXfree

10 hours ago, jefXfree said:

What's your PSN ID?

I passed along the info. I see that you may be using an EU account.

Thanks, I DM'd you with the US account. The EU account received the free upgrade OK.

If it's helpful this was the PS Store item number from when I bought it way back in 2009:

UP9000-NPUJ00747_00-0000000000000001-UG01       Resident Evil Director's Cut™ (PS3™/PSP(R)) (299 MB Required) $9.99

I notice the PS3/PSP version of Resident Evil in the US lists the publisher as "Sony Interactive Entertainment" whereas the EU version listed it as "CE EUROPE LIMITED" - with the PS4/PS5 versions they list "Capcom U.S.A., Inc." and "CE EUROPE LIMITED" respectively. Perhaps that mismatch has contributed to the free upgrade for the US version being missed?

Edited by andshrew
  • Like 1