PlayStation Classics Issues

jefXfree
Message added by BlindMango,

Please be courteous & understanding when giving feedback for PlayStation Classics. It takes time to process the feedback you give and some fixes may take longer to sort out than others. Please avoid requests for new games and trophy lists as this thread is purely for feedback on existing games.

If you report a bug, please provide the following

• PSP: System Language
  • PS1: NTSC or PAL -- If PAL, which system language (NTSC is the default)

18 hours ago, Cosmokeeper said:

Hello thread creator and everyone else, I just wanted to say that I was very excited to see the awesome Super Stardust Portable getting a PS 4/PS 5 port with trophy support.

I previously bought this PSP version on PS 3 and this new port should be available to download free of charge but it currently only shows the price. Is there a way to update the store so I can claim and download this amazing game? I'm in Sweden by the way, so I guess the issue affects EU PSN at the moment since US residents have been able to redeem it free of charge if they bought it previously. Thanks in advance 1f60a.png1f64f.png

The free upgrade looks to be fixed in Europe now, so thanks @jefXfree.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Cosmokeeper said:

Hello thread creator and everyone else, I just wanted to say that I was very excited to see the awesome Super Stardust Portable getting a PS 4/PS 5 port with trophy support.

I previously bought this PSP version on PS 3 and this new port should be available to download free of charge but it currently only shows the price. Is there a way to update the store so I can claim and download this amazing game? I'm in Sweden by the way, so I guess the issue affects EU PSN at the moment since US residents have been able to redeem it free of charge if they bought it previously. Thanks in advance 1f60a.png1f64f.png

Can you check now?

• Like 1

I don't know if it's the original game's issue or not as I never played it on PSP, but when I played both PS4 and PS5 versions of Pinball Heroes I had a lot of audio glitches [usually coming out of rewind] and the... plunge thing was very jittery. It's been awhile since I played it to describe the issues any more specifically. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Elvick_ said:

I don't know if it's the original game's issue or not as I never played it on PSP, but when I played both PS4 and PS5 versions of Pinball Heroes I had a lot of audio glitches [usually coming out of rewind] and the... plunge thing was very jittery. It's been awhile since I played it to describe the issues any more specifically. 

Passed along the details. :)

• Like 1

Woohoo @jefXfree it's working now ?? I just signed in and redeemed the PS 4/PS 5 versions free of charge. I'm so happy right now!

Thank you ever so much for passing the info on to the tech teams ??

It was just lucky that I was referred to this thread, otherwise I wouldn't have been able to share the info. It's great to know going forward as well when similar things pop up ?

• Like 2

On 11/01/2023 at 11:03 AM, alien713 said:

Where are PS2 games though? :( So many unique gems from that era still haven't received a proper re-release or remaster and they feel much more playble overall than clunky PS1 classics.

majority of the ps2 games people want are IPs by big companies that would probably rather have it never be released, or we wait forever on some kind of remaster/remake. Some ps1 and ps2 titles i want but doubt we ever see are:

- Digital Devil Saga

- Shadow Hearts

- Xenosaga Trilogy

- Xenogears

- Parasite Eve 1 and 2

- God Hand

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, Cosmokeeper said:

Woohoo @jefXfree it's working now ?? I just signed in and redeemed the PS 4/PS 5 versions free of charge. I'm so happy right now!

Thank you ever so much for passing the info on to the tech teams 1f60a.png1f64f.png

It was just lucky that I was referred to this thread, otherwise I wouldn't have been able to share the info. It's great to know going forward as well when similar things pop up 1f44d.png

Awesome! I'm glad it's working. We're working on making sure this doesn't happen again, but i'm happy to pass along the info when it does.

• Like 2

Syphon Filter 3 was patched today to prevent using the original cheat codes for unlocking the trophies easily. At least they didn't disable them entirely like they did in SF2, but they haven't bothered to fix actual issues like the analog controls not working.

Call my cynical but it makes me wonder where their priorities are with these releases. Fixing your emulators config to make sure the game knows it has a DualShock controller connected should be a 1 line fix - at least it is in every emulator I've ever used; going out of your way to add cheat detection / change your trophy unlock criteria sounds like a lot of effort compared with fixing basic emulation issues in the release. Meanwhile Syphon Filter 2 is still broken 4 months after release. Hmmm. ?

• Like 3

12 hours ago, elecmouse101 said:

I don't know if Echochrome is supposed to receive the free upgrade option, but I own Echochrome on PSP and never got the option to get the 4/5 versions for free. Any chance this can be looked into? My PSN is elecmouse101.

I passed your note along. Someone will look into it soon..

Edited by jefXfree
  • Like 1

@jefXfree Do you know if it would be possible to add a button remapping option to the PSP games like the emulator on the Vita did? After playing Stardust Portable I realised it would really help to be able to use both analogue sticks.

Also pass on our thanks to the team for all the hard work, especially lately with the trophy patches!

• Like 4