PlayStation Classics Issues

jefXfree
Message added by BlindMango,

Please be courteous & understanding when giving feedback for PlayStation Classics. It takes time to process the feedback you give and some fixes may take longer to sort out than others. Please avoid requests for new games and trophy lists as this thread is purely for feedback on existing games.

If you report a bug, please provide the following

• PSP: System Language
  • PS1: NTSC or PAL -- If PAL, which system language (NTSC is the default)

1 hour ago, jefXfree said:

https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/21124-the-legend-of-dragoon
https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/21126-the-legend-of-dragoon

https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/21125-wild-arms-2

https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/21127-wild-arms-2

Hello,

I'll pass this information along to the team.

Is it completely freezing and you can't continue?  Or is it sort of laggy but the game keeps playing?

Game is still working sound is ok but its just blank screen. Enemy dont attack me and i cant attack coz dont see action bar. Waited for about 20 min nothing change. It even happen when i transform into dragon, seems game dont want me to use dragon form. 
upd: have screenshot https://ibb.co/hFWXgP4

Edited by silent_milla
  • Like 2

I can confirm that if you use dragoon form it can soft lock the game. I have only used the dragoon form two times and both times it soft locked the game. Instead of transforming back to human form, it stays in dragoon form and nothing happens. Waited for 5 mins as well, same situation as the screenshot above. NTSC. Hope it gets patched quickly!

Also if you play the game for a while the sound effects get a bit busted. Especially the grunts and sighs while doing additions in battle The solution to this is to just close the game and reopen it. Not a huge issue but still somewhat annoying. 

Great game though just as I remember it ?

• Like 4

I have the same issue with Wild Arms 2 as well. USA and my PSN is ZenaxPure.

Been browsing the web all day and haven't seen a single person mention they were able to download it based on their previous purchase, seems pretty wide spread.

Also not the only game I have this problem with. Never seen this thread or I'd brought it up sooner I guess but I've never been able to claim Syphon Filter 2 for whatever reason. 1 and 3 worked fine but not 2. 

8 hours ago, jefXfree said:

Passed along all the info above.  Thanks all!

Can you check Syphon Filter 2 again and let me know if it's still a problem?

If so, i'll pass that along as well.

Wild Arms 2 not showing up free for me. Even though I bought it forever ago on PS3. Had no issue with Wild Arms 1 or Legend of Dragoon.
Region: North America (USA)
PSN: RayTheWicked

In legend of dragoon, I managed to get 7k gold but no trophy for it. I went to a shop and bought some stuff to get back to 6.5k and sold some stuff again to get back to 7k, still no trophy. Same process, sold some stuff then fought some enemies to get back to 7k, still no trophy. Lastly loaded an old save file and tried to get back to 7k, still no trophy.  Hopefully it gets patched and I dont need to redo a run ?

Edit: so i stubbornly refused to move forward with the game and continued to experiment and I actually did manage to unlock the trophy, thank God. I honestly didnt do anything different, kept loading and rewinding and selling and buying and and killing enemies and eventually it unlocked when I sold an item for 100g in lohan weapon shop! I am assuming what messed up the trophy was probably me using the emulator save and loads rather than the game itself, maybe. Happy ending either way but im scared for the 30 stardust one now ?

Edited by Firefox_32

3 hours ago, Firefox_32 said:

In legend of dragoon, I managed to get 7k gold but no trophy for it. I went to a shop and bought some stuff to get back to 6.5k and sold some stuff again to get back to 7k, still no trophy. Same process, sold some stuff then fought some enemies to get back to 7k, still no trophy. Lastly loaded an old save file and tried to get back to 7k, still no trophy.  Hopefully it gets patched and I dont need to redo a run 1f625.png

Edit: so i stubbornly refused to move forward with the game and continued to experiment and I actually did manage to unlock the trophy, thank God. I honestly didnt do anything different, kept loading and rewinding and selling and buying and and killing enemies and eventually it unlocked when I sold an item for 100g in lohan weapon shop! I am assuming what messed up the trophy was probably me using the emulator save and loads rather than the game itself, maybe. Happy ending either way but im scared for the 30 stardust one now 1f62a.png

2 hours ago, kidson2004 said:

Only thing I came across so far in The Legend of Dragoon is audio issues during a battle. Music goes in and out as well as the sound effects and the characters when they attack and say the name of their attack. I'm in NA btw.

I passed these two along. Thank you.

• Like 4

A few things of note. Legend of Dragoon and Harvest Moon were free for me but like many others Wild Arms 2 isn’t despite my owning it on the PS3. A widespread issue I know but it isn’t the first time I’ve dealt with a similar issue. Syphon Filter 3 is still asking me to purchase it too even though I’ve owned on PS3 for a while. I can still play these games given that I have a Premium sub going right now but it’s a problem all the same.

Secondly Legend of Dragoon has its issues. Most are minor problems like audio stuttering in combat and with addition dialogue, but the major issues I’ve ran into are all soft locking the game after using dragoon magic. For example Rose’s Astral Drain will lock the game 100% of the time with everyone else’s magic being 50/50. At the moment the game doesn’t seem to play well with dragoon transformations at all.

That’s all I’ve found for the moment but if I run across any other issues I’ll let you know.

Region: North America

PSN: MeatyMuffin

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, jefXfree said:

I passed these two along. Thank you.

I appreciate the attention you show to these issues.

Legend of Dragoon has been tough to emulate without issues two decades ago. Plenty of places people softlocked at, there were special fixes related to XA and screen transitions in ePSXe back in the day. Found a topic from 2001 that mentioned that none of existing emulators at a time could pass certain point in disc 4, though this game was relatively fresh back then.
Then there are people that get softlocked after certain boss battles even when playing on PS2.

User in other thread suggest it might have something to do with anti-piracy measures baked into the code.

As for audio bug, there's a workaround suggested by reddit user. If you get audio cut-off after playing for a while, change audio settings from Stereo to Mono, if it fixes it, try changing it back. Otherwise you will need to save at save point and reset the game.

Same post also mentions freeze glitch related to transformations (can't transfer back to normal form after turns are used up). The suggestion is to change transformations to short in options. I didn't test this yet as I have yet even to reach Town of Hoax myself, but it's worth a try. It may not have anything to do with Astral Drain softlock though.

I hope your team will manage to fix these issues soon, this game is a beloved classic and it deserves better.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, TheSwordUserYT said:

I appreciate the attention you show to these issues.

Legend of Dragoon has been tough to emulate without issues two decades ago. Plenty of places people softlocked at, there were special fixes related to XA and screen transitions in ePSXe back in the day. Found a topic from 2001 that mentioned that none of existing emulators at a time could pass certain point in disc 4, though this game was relatively fresh back then.
Then there are people that get softlocked after certain boss battles even when playing on PS2.

User in other thread suggest it might have something to do with anti-piracy measures baked into the code.

As for audio bug, there's a workaround suggested by reddit user. If you get audio cut-off after playing for a while, change audio settings from Stereo to Mono, if it fixes it, try changing it back. Otherwise you will need to save at save point and reset the game.

Same post also mentions freeze glitch related to transformations (can't transfer back to normal form after turns are used up). The suggestion is to change transformations to short in options. I didn't test this yet as I have yet even to reach Town of Hoax myself, but it's worth a try. It may not have anything to do with Astral Drain softlock though.

I hope your team will manage to fix these issues soon, this game is a beloved classic and it deserves better.

Thanks for this!

• Like 4

Sadly the sound bug workaround (switching from stereo to mono) doesn't work for me, at least on PS5 version.

To add to this, not only battle sounds are affected, but music and sound effects (menu noises, stardust pickup chime etc) are also muffled and are missing "instruments". Something to do with SPU maybe?

On 1/30/2023 at 0:35 PM, jefXfree said:

Jumping Flash! Patch 1.03 deployed:

Added Trophy Support.
Added NTSC<>PAL Swap.
Added UI Language Support for Arabic.
Added UI Language Support for Ukrainian.
General Bug Fixes.

Tremendous news, didn't see this until now! I just bought it knowing it has trophies. 

I had a demo disc with this game on it, and it's the game I played over and over but never got to play the full game...until now!

• Like 4