PlayStation Classics Issues

jefXfree
Message added by BlindMango,

Please be courteous & understanding when giving feedback for PlayStation Classics. It takes time to process the feedback you give and some fixes may take longer to sort out than others. Please avoid requests for new games and trophy lists as this thread is purely for feedback on existing games.

If you report a bug, please provide the following

• PSP: System Language
  • PS1: NTSC or PAL -- If PAL, which system language (NTSC is the default)

Hey, just finished Ape Academy 2 (released 23th March) for EU and didn't encounter any issues, visually or audio. Everything went very smooth and loaded quickly. 

Thanks for supporting Ape Escape with the patch, it's on my list to go through!

Edited by Erkawest
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

I am so happy. Echoshift finally got patched with trophies. 

Thank you so much. It's one of my favorite puzzle games of all time (along with Echochrome) so seeing it patched with a Platinum trophy list is so awesome to see. 

Only first party games left to have trophy support are Locoroco Midnight Carnival, Echochrome, and Kingdom of Paradise! 

• Like 1

Honestly surprised they patched Echoshift before echochrome considering echochrome released first though i guess that one might be next if another wave of patches is starting to roll out to get the other 4 sony games that didn't get trophies yet to patch them in.

I know this is a very esoteric request but please, please tell whoever does Game Cover artwork to put some effort into it. I really, really hate lazy and weird looking artwork (ie: Ape Escape 2, Ratchet: All 4 One) or artwork that isn’t consistent across the series or has some weird border on the top and sides but not bottom (Yakuza series, God of War 3’s logo that is not centered). It looks unprofessional and drives us graphic design nerds crazy. 

Ok, here’s one Classics related. Please add a button shortcut to Quick Load. Yes I could rewind but Save Scumming is faster and more reliable. Quick Save and then Quick Load back into where my save was. Boom, boom, bing. 

• Like 3

I'm extremely happy for the Echoshift trophy patch and I'm holding out hope for an Echochrome and LocoRoco MC patch too.

A Ridge Racer 2 patch would be a surefire way to get me to subscribe to Premium as well.

On the PS1 side of things, I'd like to see TS2 get a patch, as well as RRT4.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, andshrew said:

@jefXfree

Six of the original launch titles were never patched to add in the NTSC toggle (so users in European regions can still only play the PAL versions of these); is this something which they are still planning on patching in? The games are:

Disney/Pixar Toy Story 2: Buzz Lightyear to the Rescue!
Oddworld: Abe's Oddysee
Resident Evil: Director's Cut
Wild Arms
Worms Armageddon
Worms World Party

Additionally if they get around to these, Toy Story 2 has the same issue that the Syphon Filter games had where the analog controller is not working correctly. The dual shock vibration works, but the game controls like it has an original digital controller connected.

It would be nice to have these all fixed and up to the standard of recent releases in time for the 1st anniversary of the service.

I see Wild Arms got its NTSC patch last night, that's great as all of the first party titles now have the option of switching between PAL and NTSC. That post was either coincidental timing on my part, or you've gotten very quick at responding to requests! ?

It would be nice to see those remaining five games get patched too.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Valtekken173 said:

I forgot to ask this: I can't seem to find the PSP version of Echochrome on the PS3 or PSVita stores. Does the PS3 version entitle me to the PS4/PS5 version for free or is it exclusively for the PSP version?

Only the PSP version entitles you to the free upgrade.

@jefXfree

Hello, I don't know if this counts as a bug or is worth to even look into the matter but I have a problem with an "Echoshift" trophy. "Back to Start" asks for you to respawn, I fell off the screen multiple times to then respawn and still don't have the trophy. I have tried this in multiple levels with no result. I know there is not a lot of people playing the game so maybe there isn't enough evidence to say that it's a real problem and not just an isolated one but well I had to at least try. 

Thanks for your time and to the team if there is any solution. 

2 hours ago, polar_bst said:

@jefXfree

Hello, I don't know if this counts as a bug or is worth to even look into the matter but I have a problem with an "Echoshift" trophy. "Back to Start" asks for you to respawn, I fell off the screen multiple times to then respawn and still don't have the trophy. I have tried this in multiple levels with no result. I know there is not a lot of people playing the game so maybe there isn't enough evidence to say that it's a real problem and not just an isolated one but well I had to at least try. 

Thanks for your time and to the team if there is any solution. 

Back to Start
Force a Cast to respawn.

It sounds like something else needs to re-spawn, not the player character.

7 minutes ago, jefXfree said:

Back to Start
Force a Cast to respawn.

It sounds like something else needs to re-spawn, not the player character.

From what I've played of the game, a Cast is what your previous iteration is called. There is an option in the menu that says next cast which sends you to the next character. Not sure if you tried that @polar_bst

• Like 1

@Malachen 

@jefXfree

Hello, yes as Malachen said my understanding of the game told me a Cast in how your past iteration is called and yes by the time I wrote that I already tried to make my Cast fall, that made sense because even the trophy illustration has a Cast falling of the screen. Actually I made a topic in the forums of this site and one user told me he got it just by falling so I asked a friend to do it and he also got the trophy that way. 

I finally got the trophy. One thing I realized with your comments is that I only used "Retry" from the pause menu but there is another option called "Go back" that option popped the trophy for me. I still don't know if it was a bug because as I said other people got it in a way I couldn't but at least I made it work that way, I'm going to finish the topic that I started with this conclusion.

Thank you to both for your time. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, polar_bst said:

@Malachen 

@jefXfree

Hello, yes as Malachen said my understanding of the game told me a Cast in how your past iteration is called and yes by the time I wrote that I already tried to make my Cast fall, that made sense because even the trophy illustration has a Cast falling of the screen. Actually I made a topic in the forums of this site and one user told me he got it just by falling so I asked a friend to do it and he also got the trophy that way. 

I finally got the trophy. One thing I realized with your comments is that I only used "Retry" from the pause menu but there is another option called "Go back" that option popped the trophy for me. I still don't know if it was a bug because as I said other people got it in a way I couldn't but at least I made it work that way, I'm going to finish the topic that I started with this conclusion.

Thank you to both for your time. 

Thank you for reporting. I'll keep an eye here and the main thread and if I see a pattern i'll definitely get it all to the correct people.