Best Girl Trophy

IntrepidHunter

So does anyone know if this is actually a glitched trophy, or is it 15 CALENDAR days vs. 15 in-game days? I've seen a lot of posts for people who say they've pet Charlie more than 15 days and it's either not unlocking, or it is but not until 35 days, things like that.

I've just past day 20-something myself, and it still hasn't unlocked. I've literally pet the dog every day and night (except 1 single night where she literally was not at where the marker said she was and I couldn't find her for the life of me). 

Thanks in advance if anyone knows anything.

I can tell you that it's definitely not calendar days...it is in-game days...i didn't "pet" her every day either, as sometimes the option wasn't available so i "praised" her instead and it still popped...

seems like it might be glitchy...i did try and pet/praise  her every day and night both and it popped fine for me...you might be a few days behind because you didn't start petting right away? i think i was about 21 days into the campaign, butt i believe i had started petting her a few days after start...

Edited by sword_of_omens

15 minutes ago, sword_of_omens said:

I can tell you that it's definitely not calendar days...it is in-game days...i didn't "pet" her every day either, as sometimes the option wasn't available so i "praised" her instead and it still popped...

seems like it might be glitchy...i did try and pet/praise  her every day and night both and it popped fine for me...you might be a few days behind because you didn't start petting right away? i think i was about 21 days into the campaign, butt i believe i had started petting her a few days after start...

Thanks. Yeah, I knew it was a potentially glitchy trophy so every since I hit the Abbey I've been petting Charlie every day AND night. I'm on Day 23 now. Guess I'll just keep doing it until it pops. Hopefully it does at some point. 

20 minutes ago, sword_of_omens said:

sometimes the option wasn't available so i "praised" her instead and it still popped...

If you get her to follow you then sometimes the prompt changes to "Pet". I was paranoid and did this until the trophy popped. Though I would assume since the game registers both petting and praising for gaining Arcane and gloss, that either counts.

44 minutes ago, BodyChipper said:

If you get her to follow you then sometimes the prompt changes to "Pet". I was paranoid and did this until the trophy popped. Though I would assume since the game registers both petting and praising for gaining Arcane and gloss, that either counts.

I can confirm that this method worked for the cat. I also discovered you can have Charlie 'follow' you, then tell her to wait it usually changes praise to 'pet', I've gotten the arcane bonuses off just the praise. 

I have also gotten the trophy for petting the cat on 4 different days, 2 days were praise only options (the cat's choices are static). 

Just following up for others that might be encountering this also, it ended up popping for me on Day 32. So like others, didn't pop when it should have, but it did eventually pop. Best I can say is I started petting/praising her multiple times (doing both if I could), both at day, and after missions at night. Somewhere along the line I started making it the first thing I did before doing anything else in the Abbey.

• Like 1