Please keep the Trophy Tip feature

It would be cool to integrate user tips under the guide tip when you click on that trophies name - almost like .org has to where users can add comments under each official guide tip

Also (URL not allowed) has some familiar-looking cards! lol

Some games have got the trophy tip right under the description like this one - https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/436-Call-of-Duty-Black-Ops?guide Plus there's an option to view the full guide. Does Sly plan on removing tips for a particular game as the guides get published? Or will we be able to view both? :hmm:

Some games have got the trophy tip right under the description like this one - https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/436-Call-of-Duty-Black-Ops?guide Plus there's an option to view the full guide. Does Sly plan on removing tips for a particular game as the guides get published? Or will we be able to view both? :hmm:

As far as I've seen, it looks like tips are eliminated once a guide is approved from staff and then published.

• Like 1

Blind mango is correct. Once a guide is live, all tips are removed. To be honest all guides should be as usefull if not more usefull than the tips. Each trophy will still have its own part where only the guide information for that trophy is displayed.

I believe tips were high maintenance, so bad tips took ages to be removed, etc as it was essentially only Sly who could do that part.

Which is why guides have certain formats to follow.

If this is the plan - to remove all tips once a guide is approved - can I make a suggestion that a guide must be COMPLETE ie, cover all DLC as well as the main game before it is approved? Otherwise tips will be removed without being replaced in the guide.

In fact this is a gripe on most other guide sites that could be corrected here, since the guide function is new - it is incredibly irritating to have multiple guides for the same game - for main game and then individual guides for DLC - the approved guide should be removed when a new DLC is relased unless it is updated within a certain time frame (say a week or two weeks?)

Edited by DrBloodmoney
  • Like 2

This.

If a guide is good enough to be approved, I don't see why the tips should remain. it's redundant imo.

If this were true then there would not be a need for the star rating system on guides - if a guide is good enough to be approved, why can it be rated as good or bad by the community? Answer - the approvers are fallible - a guide may seem good, but only after it gets chipped away at by a bunch of users do the cracks/faults/omittions start to show.

Seems a bad idea to remove all the tips immediately, only to be replaced with a guide that could later be rated 1-star by users...

• Like 2

I wish they'd add a spoiler tag or something to hide those huge videos in the guides. Just a nitpick.

Oh and yeah, i wish the tips would stay, sure some (or most of them) are shitty but there are good ones out there.

I don't understand why people keep saying they don't want to read a whole guide if they only need help with one trophy. You don't have to read the whole guide, just search for the portion of the guide you need and thats all.

There might be some valid point to keep the tips in here, but in my opinion, that it's not one of them.

• Like 1