Greed mode farm / checkmarks 'guide'

Wuthg21

So after playing this game for some time, i always didn't like greed mode, especially the secrets tied to it, like donating 1000 coins. So after messing around i have found a good way to reduce the time spent in this mode, and maybe save lots of hours towards dead god.

Do note, this method only works after unlocking tainted cain, so i'm not going into details how to unlock him, good items etc. You also need to have the forgotten unlocked for the bone hearts.

Another note, this method is making use of the coop (second controller).

So let's start with the basic thing why i experimented this, after donating an x amount of money to the greed machine, it will jam quicker the next time with the same character. You could say 'oh just play another character', and yes this is an option. But this could take lots of hours again.

Step one: boot up greed mode (or greedier if you unlocked it) with tainted cain, and let your second controller join with any character.

Step two: make use of how broken tainted cain is, the first thing i always do is make 4 steam sales to make an infinite loop of materials in the shop.

Step three: make tainted cain pretty overpowered, this can be done quickly with rock bottom (if you unlocked it), i'm not going into details, because if you unlocked this character, you should have the knowledge of what is good and what not. 

I used this site, it is pretty accurate with the crafting recipes.

Step four: Get your second character some meaning of survivability, the main goal of this is to keep it alive in the greed boss fight.

Step five: Either buy (if you see it in the shop), or craft the Clicker, but make sure your second character has it.

Step six: Craft the R key with tainted cain, you need bone hearts most of the time, which you can get by crafting portable slot machines over and over in the secret room

So now you should have an overpowered player 1 with the R key, and player 2 with the clicker. Also make sure to have 99 coins.

Step seven: Defeat greed / greedier and donate all your money (or till the machine jams) with player two.

Step eight: R key to restart the run, and use clicker with player 2, to change it into a new character. Also make a new R key.

Step nine: repeat from step six.

Step ten (if needed), after donating 500 coins or so you'll unlock greedier, go into that mode and repeat from step one

This loop works good for me, since i have lots of unplayed characters in greed mode, but it takes some time setting it up, but when it's up and running you can have a character done in like a few minutes, and the machine doesn't tend to break with like two coins.

I would assume this would work with hard mode too.

Let me know if there is something that can be better. Or additional tips / tricks.

I don't know how efficient this is regarding getting all Greedier completion marks on all chars, but you should be able to put the clicker on the second char, craft schoolbag on your tainted Cain, and make a new Forget Me Now to just reset the Greedier boss floor, so you can use the clicker to then play a new character with the second controller and getting another completion mark really quickly.

In fact you should even be able to use the second char as ANOTHER TCain and make a schoolbag on that too so you can have one char using Clicker and Forget Me Now/R key while your main focus on crafting everything else for the second char. Of course if you are going this way, you should just plug more controllers to get more completion marks in a single run, as long as you have a way to generate energy (maybe something broken with 48 energy or sharp plug + Mom's Kiss + Wafer on a character that only has soul/black hearts (you can make TCain do this with Guppy's Paw, I believe)).

There are so many ways to break this game, I can't wait to get a PS5 and do all stacks simultaneously using multiple controllers to speed up the process. It's gonna be great!

49 minutes ago, TheYuriG said:

I don't know how efficient this is regarding getting all Greedier completion marks on all chars, but you should be able to put the clicker on the second char, craft schoolbag on your tainted Cain, and make a new Forget Me Now to just reset the Greedier boss floor, so you can use the clicker to then play a new character with the second controller and getting another completion mark really quickly.

In fact you should even be able to use the second char as ANOTHER TCain and make a schoolbag on that too so you can have one char using Clicker and Forget Me Now/R key while your main focus on crafting everything else for the second char. Of course if you are going this way, you should just plug more controllers to get more completion marks in a single run, as long as you have a way to generate energy (maybe something broken with 48 energy or sharp plug + Mom's Kiss + Wafer on a character that only has soul/black hearts (you can make TCain do this with Guppy's Paw, I believe)).

There are so many ways to break this game, I can't wait to get a PS5 and do all stacks simultaneously using multiple controllers to speed up the process. It's gonna be great!

I did not think about that, my main concern doing this was to fill my donation machine, and i think that won't work with forget me now.

For checkmarks, from what i've read, tainted cain can only clicker in other tainted characters,  but there are some ways around this, like for example lazarus rags, so best way is to probably use 2 extra controllers.

I did unlock greedier mode yesterday, so i have some time to test some stuff.

Since i hate greed mode, i was looming around online for things to speed it up, and didn't find anything like this, so i thought i would share it ?

5 hours ago, Colin said:

I did not think about that, my main concern doing this was to fill my donation machine, and i think that won't work with forget me now.

Yeah it shouldn't unjam the machine, i don't think

5 hours ago, Colin said:

For checkmarks, from what i've read, tainted cain can only clicker in other tainted characters,  but there are some ways around this, like for example lazarus rags, so best way is to probably use 2 extra controllers.

Ahnk does it too, but the more controllers you have, the faster it goes.

5 hours ago, Colin said:

Since i hate greed mode

Shame you dislike it, it's the easiest mode to break. At least you are hasting it and reducing your time spent with it so you can go back to 'normal' runs.

27 minutes ago, TheYuriG said:

Yeah it shouldn't unjam the machine, i don't think

Ahnk does it too, but the more controllers you have, the faster it goes.

Shame you dislike it, it's the easiest mode to break. At least you are hasting it and reducing your time spent with it so you can go back to 'normal' runs.

Been going for three hours now, i did try out the forget me now, and it does unjam the machine, so i got the keeper unlocked, and been grinding away some characters,  still have to unlock most of the tainted ones unfortunatly.

And the seed that i use doesn't have the right schoolbag recipe ?,  so nstead of crafting forget me now, i'm stuck with the R key.

I'm also at my record of game crashes, it crashes every 5 / 6 floors or so lol

Edited by Colin
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, Colin said:

Been going for three hours now, i did try out the forget me now, and it does unjam the machine

Great, did you notice if it only allows you to deposit as many coins as before or if you could do more than that?

And the seed that i use doesn't have the right schoolbag recipe 1f62d.png

Unfortunate! Hope it eventually gets sold in the shop for you then

I'm also at my record of game crashes, it crashes every 5 / 6 floors or so lol

Man is too powerful to be left alive!

What did you grab to cause the crashes? Brimstone bombs? Hemolacria? Playdough Cookie? 3 dollar bill? Angelic Prism? Crickets Body?

3 hours ago, TheYuriG said:

Great, did you notice if it only allows you to deposit as many coins as before or if you could do more than that?

Unfortunate! Hope it eventually gets sold in the shop for you then

Man is too powerful to be left alive!

What did you grab to cause the crashes? Brimstone bombs? Hemolacria? Playdough Cookie? 3 dollar bill? Angelic Prism? Crickets Body?

Uhh so i could donate all 99 coins, so after forget me now it left me with 0 so i couldn't test that out lol.

I have no idea what i did, i tried to keep clear of mats kidney stone and hemolacria for a reason ? it was probably the 3 dollar bill what killed it