What's up with this Off-road handling?

I know, it's simply an arcade-styled game. I've played NFS and all the type of racing games for years and I'm aware of that. But the handling on offroad races on NFS Payback is simply awful. 

Races are so frustrating, it's so hard to mantain the car on the road as the handling is so unpredictable. Plus, the rubber-band effect is sooo strong in this type of races. Sometimes your leading the race for 70% of its lenght and a random guy just shows up in a fcked up car and overtakes you... No matter how upgraded your car is.

Bleh.

Edited by HeyHeyItsSupreme
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, HeyHeyItsSupreme said:

I know, it's simply an arcade-styled game. I play NFS and all the type of racing games for years and I'm aware of that. But the handling on offroad races on NFS Payback is simply awful. 

Races are so frustrating, it's so hard to mantain the car on the road as the handling is so unpredictable. Plus, the rubber-band effect is sooo strong in this type of races. Sometimes your leading the race for 70% of its lenght and a random guy just shows up in a fcked up car and overtakes you... No matter how upgraded your car is.

Bleh.

It’s pretty bad I been struggling with the drifting zones for a while now but I can help you finish some races via share play if you want 

• Like 1

AI shouldn't be catching you I found them to be a long way behind with difficulty set to easy. But yea handling sucks, I think mainly because of the slight input lag. But also if you look at the mini cutscenes before races your car isn't even on the ground it's floating. Best car imo for off road is the Chevy Bel Air. 

Edited by GUDGER666
  • Like 1

On 14/01/2023 at 8:25 AM, Mado0o_007 said:

It’s pretty bad I been struggling with the drifting zones for a while now but I can help you finish some races via share play if you want 

I managed to finish the races after sooo many tries, but thanks! I'm about to finish the career and time to tackle drift zones and the rest of the collectibles ?

On 14/01/2023 at 11:05 AM, GUDGER666 said:

AI shouldn't be catching you I found them to be a long way behind with difficulty set to easy. But yea handling sucks, I think mainly because of the slight input lag. But also if you look at the mini cutscenes before races your car isn't even on the ground it's floating. Best car imo for off road is the Chevy Bel Air. 

I think I made a bad choice in terms of offroad car, I bought a Subaru Impreza WRX thinking it would act like a true Impreza WRX but it doesn't ? Also, I turned the difficult down to easy exclusively for offroad races and the AI still managed to catch me!

18 hours ago, MRR---OFFICIAL said:

Been an NFS fan since the PS2 Days (starting at Hot Pursuit 2, the first one on the platform, followed by Underground 1 etc.) and It's very simple, the game is TRASH... Take your copy of Payback, or if you have it Digital, the entire PS4 as it's now tainted by that crap and THROW IT IN THE BIN ?

Welps, guess it's time to throw the PS4 in the bin ?? I played all NFS on PS2 and PSP, missed on PS3 (bought NFS TheRun for PC) and played Payback, Heat and NFS 2015. My favourite was NFS 2015, payback sits lowwww

18 hours ago, Annoyingtiger888 said:

Payback is my second favorite NFS title, but I REALLY struggled with the off-road races. I figured it was just me because I'm not a fan of off-road but it's nice to see I'm not the only one that struggled with it lol

Payback is the least favorite in the PS4 gen, even though it's fun to play. I hate offroads with arcade physics. Offroad with proper physics is fun!