Arcade Mode

TrophyChief

5 hours ago, STK_Tomjay said:

I think I found a helpful exploit in arcade mode. Credits seem to carry over to your next run if you die. I was able to sell all of my upgrades at the end of Level 1 over and over again until I had 30000 credits, then finally purchased a majority of the upgrades and went through arcade mode no problem. Hopefully this works for anyone having trouble.

Alternatively, you can save the astronaut on the first screen of level 1, restart and you’ll still have the 25 money from saving him. Repeat as many times as you like, takes only 5 seconds or so each time.

Edit: after testing, it’s probably faster to finish the first level and sell your upgrades like suggested above. Doing this 3 times gives you roughly 14k money, which is enough to max out all aspects of your primary weapon, get 10 health upgrades, and some misc other stuff, which is enough to make Arcade Mode pretty easy.

Edited by NathanielJohn
  • Like 4

9 hours ago, STK_Tomjay said:

I think I found a helpful exploit in arcade mode. Credits seem to carry over to your next run if you die. I was able to sell all of my upgrades at the end of Level 1 over and over again until I had 30000 credits, then finally purchased a majority of the upgrades and went through arcade mode no problem. Hopefully this works for anyone having trouble.

LOL!
You sneaky devils, enjoy this exploit while it lasts :P

• Like 3

Patch is going live right now on PS5 fixing the exploit.

It also adds an Attract Mode if you idle on the mode select or the campaign map, in that arcade spirit, and displays current total score and personal best score on arcade mode level transitions, and adds options and controls menus to the mode select menu.
I'll set it live on PS4 tomorrow morning, so take advantage of this exploit tonight while you can.

• Like 2

Can't wait to try out the new arcade mode! I'm almost at the platinum, just need to finish up NG+. What an awesome game. I really love those boss fights, the horizontal to vertical shifts, and the branching paths. My one and only complaint is that I don't love the analog stick aim firing, it just doesn't grab me. But that's just a matter of taste, and you can play it like a standard shmup, which is what I do lol.  

Just finished Arcade Mode on the most recent patch, without the credit farming exploit. My advice is to sell off everything outside of Shot Power and Shot Spread. I kept a level in Fire Rate, but I maxed out shot spread as soon as possible since that seems to increase damage much more than shot power. Like somebody said earlier, it's much easier to take the secret path at the bottom of level 1 and level 3. For special weapons, I used bomb on both sides - it does a ton of damage and stops Galactic Chaos from firing for a while, which you'll need.

Also switched to arcade controls after beating the final boss and it still popped. Please don't forget to do that, it would be a tragedy lol

• Like 2

5 hours ago, EmperorZetta said:

Just finished Arcade Mode on the most recent patch, without the credit farming exploit. My advice is to sell off everything outside of Shot Power and Shot Spread. I kept a level in Fire Rate, but I maxed out shot spread as soon as possible since that seems to increase damage much more than shot power. Like somebody said earlier, it's much easier to take the secret path at the bottom of level 1 and level 3. For special weapons, I used bomb on both sides - it does a ton of damage and stops Galactic Chaos from firing for a while, which you'll need.

Also switched to arcade controls after beating the final boss and it still popped. Please don't forget to do that, it would be a tragedy lol

This totally worked for me. When I had left over points, I put them into health. Which was good idea since I only 10 HP left after beating the last boss

• Like 1

• 10 months later...

Best to use the shortcut for stage 1 then just play it normally with no shortcuts you should be able to unlock the laser which you can use to defeat the final boss easily, just warning you the boss before Galactic chaos is pretty difficult. Obviously sell all the upgrades besides boost, spread range, fire rate and power, I went ahead and maxed out fire rate then spent the rest on health. Might take a few tries since the RNG sometimes doesn't want to spawn any health items at all.

Edited by Kimura Takahashi
  • Like 1