Some opinions 'bout the game?

Read an article in one of my native console magazines, and it scored an 8/10, while having a really good opinion.

Can You guys answer the question below?

1. How is the combat compared to let's say DmC?

2. Is the storyline interesting?

3. Is there a lot of collectibles/upgrades in there?

4. How many hours does it take to beat the game (approx.)?

5. How are the trophies in the game? (Easy/Medium/Hard)

Thank you for all the answers ^^

1. How is the combat compared to let's say DmC?

Both have very enjoyable combat gameplay, with alot of hidden depth for those who want to master it. That said I think other all DmC is more focused in the combat department.

2. Is the storyline interesting?

I love all the Castlevania games so LOS2 I feel is a great continuation from the first LOS game. I haven't finished the game yet but I'm very much enjoying the story. That said so far there is still alot that needs explaining (about 3/4 of the way through at the mo). If you have played the first LOS then you will like the second, if you haven't played the first one then stop reading this and get it now as its fantastic.

3. Is there a lot of collectibles/upgrades in there?

Yes.

4. How many hours does it take to beat the game (approx.)?

Still playing but it has been quite a long game so far (not in a bad way).

5. How are the trophies in the game? (Easy/Medium/Hard)

I will platinum this game later this year but they don't seem too bad looking at the list on the XMB.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

It's a Great Game Solid Story ( with some unexplained parts but perhaps if u play mirror of fate everything shall be revealed ), Great Soundtrack, gameplay is enhanced from the first installment now it's so much fun cause basically u are a badass, as for the stealth parts they're not as bad as everyone is saying imo they're just a bit tough at some points but nothing too annoying. All in all it's a great game and i highly recommend it to anyone who wants a hit and slash action game with an interesting plot. oh trophies are okay nothing too hard and it has one missable trophy somehow i missed it twice  :P but i'll get it eventually 

Agreed on the stealth sections.  While the idea of having Dracula sneak through passageways as a rat was a great idea from a level design, it wasn't really that necessary to use for a stealth application, feel like the stealth bogs down the gameplay and when it really excels it does so because of the combat and treasure-hunting level design, which is kind of the basic staple of all the castlevania games.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Warning:

"Only play if you are a big fan of Lord of Shadows saga"

I just finished the game and I gonna say: Castlevania Lords of Shadows is a great game, storyline very interesting, a very long game. Lords of Shadows 2 is a lazy game, a shorter game and the end is awful.

P.D. I'm a Castlevania fan (#1 fan)

Edited by ChubertoM

• 3 months later...

I played almost all castlevania games.

I hated lords of shadow 1 because there was nothing castlevania about the game at all, it wasnt unique whatsoever and was just a copy cat of a bunch of games.

Lords of shadow 2 was phenomenal. As most castlevania games, it was very unique, and finally this game portrayed dracula  PERFECTLY, unlike every other Dracula in any media, because of this the story was great. Also it might feel hard at first because of all the shield and armored guys, but it gets easy when you realise that relics are op.

It's a bit hard to syncronize block compared to the first game where it just made everything super easy, because all enemies mix unblockables with normal attacks.

The game ended really quick, I dunno if they plan on making a third, but even if they don't everything is pretty much explained, you can pm me if you didnt understand some parts of the story.

• 1 year later...

It might have been okay if not for the stealth sections, they have no place in a castlevania game.

They have no place in a Castlevania game and also in almost every other non-stealth games that try to implement stealth sections just because , i hate that kind of attitude  :jaymon:

• Like 1

• 7 months later...

the lords of shadow games are awesome and i actually prefer them over the old ones (im just not a side scroller fan its boring to me)

to the person who said they hatd the first lords of shadow game because it had nothing castlevania about it  thats kinda i dont have the words i mean its the origin of the series ofcourse it wouldnt have all the stuff cause in the first game it just didnt exist yet no huge spacially warped castle no over powered godlike dracula no belmonts besides gabriel nothing from castlevania was there cause in los it had yet to "begine"

as for story i loved it and i gotta say get the dlc all f them they really really add to the story and yes without them it really feels like a lesser game which is sad they should have been part of the main game

and for trophies i had trouble with just 1 i dont remember exactly what it was but i remember having a timer and having to defeat afew waves of enemies and then an asshole gold guy who sheap shots but i got through it once i masterd a strategy but with like a litteral 3 miliseconds on the clock left

• Like 1

• 5 years later...

the lords of shadow games are awesome and i actually prefer them over the old ones (im just not a side scroller fan its boring to me)

to the person who said they hatd the first lords of shadow game because it had nothing castlevania about it  thats kinda i dont have the words i mean its the origin of the series ofcourse it wouldnt have all the stuff cause in the first game it just didnt exist yet no huge spacially warped castle no over powered godlike dracula no belmonts besides gabriel nothing from castlevania was there cause in los it had yet to "begine"

as for story i loved it and i gotta say get the dlc all f them they really really add to the story and yes without them it really feels like a lesser game which is sad they should have been part of the main game

and for trophies i had trouble with just 1 i dont remember exactly what it was but i remember having a timer and having to defeat afew waves of enemies and then an asshole gold guy who sheap shots but i got through it once i masterd a strategy but with like a litteral 3 miliseconds on the clock left

What a horrible take. This piece of shit reboot has nothing to do with Castlevania other than the Belmont name and some dude whipping monsters back to hell. It’s not the „oRiGiN“ of Castlevania. 

Gabriel is not even from the same timeline as the other Belmonts, he‘s just some school-shooter looking douche, who looks like he was ripped straight out of „Hatred“. What are you on about it had yet to „bEgInE“. 

No OP Dracula? You’re right. Other than beating Satan twice, this Dracula still has to turn into a literal rat, to sneak around vents so he won‘t get one-shot by a random grunt with a BFG.  Oh, and of course the main reason this game exists, is so that he can kill himself, because he‘s suicidal (?). Literal edgelord‘s wet dream. 

This game is peak Konami garbage - fitting for the time it was released. Take a beloved franchise and fubar it by copypasting every mechanic of other games from the era.

QTEs out the ass like RE4? Check

Generic hack and slash from GoW? Check

Boring climbing sections from Uncharted? Check

Titan battles from SotC? Check

Stealth sections no one asked for? Check

This reboot should‘ve been left to rot like DmC. 

Edited by Yenrou-V2
  • Like 2

• 2 months later...
On 1/1/2023 at 3:16 PM, Yenrou-V2 said:

What a horrible take. This piece of shit reboot has nothing to do with Castlevania other than the Belmont name and some dude whipping monsters back to hell. It’s not the „oRiGiN“ of Castlevania. 

Gabriel is not even from the same timeline as the other Belmonts, he‘s just some school-shooter looking douche, who looks like he was ripped straight out of „Hatred“. What are you on about it had yet to „bEgInE“. 

No OP Dracula? You’re right. Other than beating Satan twice, this Dracula still has to turn into a literal rat, to sneak around vents so he won‘t get one-shot by a random grunt with a BFG.  Oh, and of course the main reason this game exists, is so that he can kill himself, because he‘s suicidal (?). Literal edgelord‘s wet dream. 

This game is peak Konami garbage - fitting for the time it was released. Take a beloved franchise and fubar it by copypasting every mechanic of other games from the era.

QTEs out the ass like RE4? Check

Generic hack and slash from GoW? Check

Boring climbing sections from Uncharted? Check

Titan battles from SotC? Check

Stealth sections no one asked for? Check

This reboot should‘ve been left to rot like DmC. 

Sorry but I have to disagree. Lords of Shadow 1 is an absolute masterpiece in my opinion, and I love all the games since the NES days. Fantastic atmosphere, Robert Carlyle slays the role and Patrick Stewart's narration just adds to the excellence. The combat was enjoyable, the music was absolutely incredible, the locale and environments were drenched in gothic architecture. Hideo Kojima was even a part of the first game and helped design Gabriel, that's why you unlock Snake's scouter. 

Mirror of Fate was alright, and Lords of Shadow 2 had a number of issues including rushed development that marred the experience unfortunately. But the first game I highly recommend to any action game or Castlevania buffs. I never understood the irrational hate some people have for it.

• Like 3