Trophy thoughts?

mike_87

Its great that the Syphon Filter games have been getting trophies but there should be a bit more thought put into them as well, this is basically same as 2. Hopefully we will get the omega strain and the two psp games next.  At least they can be bothered to give us a modern gaming experience with these classics mind, sony have an awful lot of work to do still to make ps+ premium worth every penny, been out since mid last year.

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, willmill97 said:

Same as above, its a lazy list, but still appreciated at the same time that there are even trophies at all, considering how many other ps1 classics don't have them

Yeah hence why Premium is largely a waste of money so far, it aint all bend Studios fault at all its sony to blame

• Like 1

I see omega strain wasnt as well received, dont think i played it properly back in the day, but that Logans Shadow and Dark Mirror were far better received,  I Dont think i played those properly either, what does everyone else think of the post ps1 era Syphon Filter games?

4 minutes ago, mike_87 said:

I see omega strain wasnt as well received, dont think i played it properly back in the day, but that Logans Shadow and Dark Mirror were far better received,  I Dont think i played those properly either, what does everyone else think of the post ps1 era Syphon Filter games?

Post the PS1 trilogy, I only ever played The Omega Strain. I quite enjoyed it but it does have a Coop mode I never got to experience and that might stop them from doing that one. ?

Seems an alright game so far i just have little recollection of ever playing it back in the day, i know i def played 1 and 2. So far not seeing why it was disliked

2 hours ago, alexhardstyle said:

Best Syphon Filter game imo

So happy to see another SF game with trophies! 

Yet many seemed to dislike it, wiki says it got a mixed/average reception

57 minutes ago, mike_87 said:

Seems an alright game so far i just have little recollection of ever playing it back in the day, i know i def played 1 and 2. So far not seeing why it was disliked

Yet many seemed to dislike it, wiki says it got a mixed/average reception

It's mixed because 
1) it came out after SF2, which was amazing, and didn't really improve on anything like 2 did

2) devs didn't really want to make the game initially (they were conceptualizing Omega Strain and wanted to leap towards PS2), Sony ordered them to in order to close up the trilogy on PS1

3) it doesn't really have a story to speak of, it's just a bunch of flashbacks, so it feels more like a mission pack, not a true sequel

4) it came out in 2001 and was pretty outdated by then on every metric besides gameplay

It's a fine game, but nothing special. While Syphon Filter 1 and 2 look and play like a high-budget 90s action movie, Syphon Filter 3 feels like a Direct-to-DVD sequel.

Edited by Samurai_SNAAAKE
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, ZexionPonty92 said:

Simple list >>>>> No list

I hate that Sony don't require a list, it makes it so annoying when browsing. I have to check if a game has a list now. "You won't play a game without a list1.1111!1?!" some will say, but to me it's more that there'd be no record of playing it. So what's the point? I could play something else that in 5 years I can be scrolling through my list and remember and think about. Whereas without that, it will be lost in time (especially digital games; at least Steam tracks all that stuff in the library... man I hope they put PS Classics on PC). 

• Like 1

It only requires to complete the campaign once, and kill someone with the knife.

I have played this game a lot in my childhood, it has a lot of things you can unlock via secrets, speedruns and stealth kills. It also has a very interesting mini-games mode that brings you a lot of fun aside from the campaing. Even has two player split screen mode, which also has a lot of content to unlock. Good old times with my brother playing on the Simulator map, rushing the MIL15 rifle and falling over so many times.

I know, a virtual trophy shouldn't be a excuse to not enjoy a game, but considering this game has more than 20 years, i felt it should came with some sort of challenges or something.

• Like 2