PS3 game license not recognized on PS4/PS5

MarcioAP1

7 minutes ago, Elvick_ said:

There's no cross buy, this is a different version. This is still emulated, but has features like rewind and saving at any time (assuming it's like all the other classic releases lately) that the PS3 version doesn't. 

It's supposed to be free if you already own the ps1 classic on the ps3. It's also the same for 1 and 2 on the ps4/5

https://blog.playstation.com/2022/05/16/all-new-playstation-plus-game-lineup-assassins-creed-valhalla-demons-souls-ghost-of-tsushima-directors-cut-nba-2k22-and-more-join-the-service/

Also, players who have previously purchased the digital version of select games from the original PlayStation and PSP generation will not have to make a separate purchase or sign up to PlayStation Plus to play these titles on PS4 or PS5. When these titles are released for PS4 and PS5, players can head to PlayStation Store and download a version for the consoles at no extra cost if they already own the digital version of the title. Some of the titles will also be available for individual purchase. 

Edited by SnowxSakura
  • Like 2

Just now, SnowxSakura said:

It's supposed to be free if you already own the ps1 classic on the ps3. It's also the same for 1 and 2 on the ps4/5

Is it? Genuinely surprised. *shrug* In that case I hope they put Crimson Sea 2 out, since my hopes of a remaster of 1-2 on the same platform are dead. 

That's pretty odd I went my way to purchase the 2nd and 3rd via the PlayStation 3 store yesterday before the 3rd game cameout and got the 2nd for free I assume that was the case for the 3rd installment so now it's asking for $10...

49 minutes ago, MarcioAP1 said:

Those who already owned these games on PS3 can now download the new versions for free.

It was like that with Syphon Filter 1 and 2 for me.

Let's see if this will be resolved in the coming days.

At least it wasn't a blank were you couldn't download it and disappear for my download list when did for the 1st game let's see what happens

1 hour ago, MarcioAP1 said:

I purchased this game on PS3 previously but license to download on PS4/PS5 is not being recognized and the game is being charged.

Very strange. I hope they fix this error soon.

Has anyone else noticed this?

Because it's not cross buy with PS3. lmao none of the Classic Games are and it's been stated countless times that they wouldn't be. You either have to purchase the new versions which ARE crossbuy (PS4/PS5), or have a PS+ Premium Sub.

9 minutes ago, Gloom12356776543 said:

Where did they said it ? I didnt found any response on Twitter 1f605.png

They didn't. lol

14 minutes ago, Gloom12356776543 said:

Why are you lying ? 1f914.png all of the new Classic games were and are Cross-Buy with PS3/PSP/PS Vita purchases !!! I got both SF 1 and 2 for free (+ Abe)  1f609.png this time something went wrong and they will defo fix it ASAP so: PLEASE STOP JUST SPREADING MISSINFORMATIONS !!!1f611.png I will never ubderstand some people "needs" to say bull**it when they clearly dont know whats going on... 

I owned a few of the games on PS3, and I've had to repurchase them each time. So for me, it isn't bullshit. You need to calm down. It isn't that serious. I'm speaking from personal experience.

39 minutes ago, ImAPirateSoSueMe said:

I owned a few of the games on PS3, and I've had to repurchase them each time. So for me, it isn't bullshit. You need to calm down. It isn't that serious. I'm speaking from personal experience.

Did you bought them on the same Account ? My friend also thought it didnt worked for him at first and he almost bought some of them again... but I told him to check his second acc, he was sure that isnt the case... but I was right ?... he just forgot he bought them on the other acc he used for Vita ?. And if that wasnt your problem and it still didnt worked for you, you should have contacted the support as it should have worked ! (as it did for 99%) and even Sony stated it in their blog ! Dont want to sound rude but just because you didnt cared for it enough to get it resolved with the support, and you rather re-bought them again... dont lie now that "Classics arent Cross-buy" when they are ! And I cant be calm when someone tries to bull**it me/other people... If you simply said it didnt worked for you, okay that would be fine... but you were intentionally "missinforming" by  saying:

1 hour ago, ImAPirateSoSueMe said:

Because it's not cross buy with PS3. lmao none of the Classic Games are and it's been stated countless times that they wouldn't be. You either have to purchase the new versions which ARE crossbuy (PS4/PS5), or have a PS+ Premium Sub.

They didn't. lol

You said this like if it was true, a well known fact stated by Playstation ? which wasnt (Exactly the opposite!) and if so, then where was it "stated countless times" ?!?!? ? knowhere... 

"and the final nail in the coffin" you basically admited to lying in your first comment, by using the words: "So for me..." just now in this reply which you didnt used in the og comment ?☝️you dont need to agree with me... but if it wasnt "intentional" on your side, than you should have used different words ? peace 

• Like 2

I thought the entitlement of PS1/PSP Classics already purchased through PSN on PS3 was common knowledge.

I've obtained Wild Arms, Syphon Filter 1 + 2, Oddworld: Abe's Odyssey + Exodus, Jumping Flash, LocoRoco Midnight Carnival, and echoshift for free because I owned them on PS3.

The only one I wasn't entitled to was echochrome (I assume because I have the Bundle add-on on the PS3 which causes the main game page to display "Not available for purchase" for some reason).

I also thought Resident Evil: Director's Cut would be free, but it's actually not the Dualshock version of the Director's Cut like on PS3.

Anyways, I hope this is resolved soon.

Edited by luketheduke12
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, luketheduke12 said:

I thought the entitlement of PS1/PSP Classics already purchased through PSN on PS3 was common knowledge.

I've obtained Wild Arms, Syphon Filter 1 + 2, Oddworld: Abe's Odyssey + Exodus, Jumping Flash, LocoRoco Midnight Carnival, and echoshift for free because I owned them on PS3.

The only one I wasn't entitled to was echochrome (I assume because I have the Bundle add-on on the PS3 which causes the main game page to display "Not available for purchase" for some reason).

I also thought Resident Evil: Director's Cut would be free, but it's actually not the Dualshock version of the Director's Cut like on PS3.

This. Seems to be up to the dev though and not universal. I got Wild Arms, Syphon Filter 1 & 2, and Oddworld: Abe's Odyssey for free. But on the other hand I could not get Toy Story 2, Tekken 2, or Resident Evil.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, pavelbagirov said:

To my private message on twitter.

I'm a designer from Bend Studio. 

Yes, I can confirm we are working on a solution. Thanks for playing Syphon Filter again! We are also working on porting the next 45 sequels.

Also please, Neil Druckmann next time you get here don't forget to turn off the coffee machine. Last time it was a disaster. Prick we don't have that much money like you do. Go ask sony why we don't have a zombie game sequel and have to port syphon filter 3.

- Bend Studio.

Edited by Jeanoltt
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, ImAPirateSoSueMe said:

Incorrect. It is free if you previously bought it on PS3. It was like this for SF1. Probably just needs a few hours to propagate correctly.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, pavelbagirov said:

but impossible to download because of the Sony sanctions against Russia 

That is seriously so unfair for you guys ? as if it were gamers who declared war, and not the one guy (afaik, as here only the president himself can declare war in USA) who has the power to declare war ?‍???

1 hour ago, luketheduke12 said:

If the Echochrome you bought was the PS3 port and not the original PSP game, that would explain the issue with the entitlement

• Like 2

2 hours ago, MrHealthy said:

This. Seems to be up to the dev though and not universal. I got Wild Arms, Syphon Filter 1 & 2, and Oddworld: Abe's Odyssey for free. But on the other hand I could not get Toy Story 2, Tekken 2, or Resident Evil.

Here I got Toy Story 2. I don't understand why you couldn't get it.

Tekken 2 is not purchasable on PS4/PS5 and is only playable with a Premium/Deluxe subscription. So even having the game on PS3 it is not possible to get the new version.

Resident Evil: Director's Cut is apparently a different version than the PS3 one, so the store considers them to be different products.

2 hours ago, Valtekken173 said:

If the Echochrome you bought was the PS3 port and not the original PSP game, that would explain the issue with the entitlement

No, I have it for both platforms. I worded that poorly. I meant that on the PS3 console store, it shows "Not available for purchase" for the PSP version, with the reason being that I purchased the PSP Bundle (which is just the main game + DLC). Seems like a store error of some sort.

13 hours ago, luketheduke12 said:

No, I have it for both platforms. I worded that poorly. I meant that on the PS3 console store, it shows "Not available for purchase" for the PSP version, with the reason being that I purchased the PSP Bundle (which is just the main game + DLC). Seems like a store error of some sort.

Oh yeah, then that's weird. Bundles usually work as a double purchase, you just press the button once but the store registers internally as two purchases (DLC and base game), which is why you usually then download the base game and the store just shows "purchased". Maybe the bundled version has a different code under PS's licensing system, so you technically don't have the correct version of the game to get the entitlement.

• Like 1