Did they change respawning enemies in v4?

ProfShyvana

I'm going for the "kill of ledge" and other miscellaneous trophies and I saw on the guide to use devil's pit location. I got lile 5 kills but I can't get them to respawn now.  

Chest was not looted (is white, not greyed out), travelled to skellige, meditate 2 days, fast travel back to Velen, and camp is still empty!  

Did they change the respawn mechanic in v4? Playing on a PS5

Edited by ProfShyvana

• 9 months later...

I haven't played v4 so sadly i haven't tested it myself yet, but directly north of Trottheim (bottom right island in Skellige) where the road curves to the west for the first time, if you approach the cliff there should spawn two pirates. You can kill them any way you like, walk away for a few meters and they used to re-spawn almost instantly. Perhaps this can be a good alternative to the Devils Pit.

37 minutes ago, Qjotr said:

I haven't played v4 so sadly i haven't tested it myself yet, but directly north of Trottheim (bottom right island in Skellige) where the road curves to the west for the first time, if you approach the cliff there should spawn two pirates. You can kill them any way you like, walk away for a few meters and they used to re-spawn almost instantly. Perhaps this can be a good alternative to the Devils Pit.

This is what I used when the PS5 version launched. It works well and is probably faster than the Devil Pit. I believe it is what speedrunners use to plat the game.

1 hour ago, Qjotr said:

I always used Devil's Pit, but after the tweaks with the latest release, this is also the spot I used for most of the kill-related trophies that could apply to those two. It's way easier anyway, honestly, and doesn't require constant fast traveling and loading.

On 11/7/2023 at 8:49 AM, Qjotr said:

On 11/7/2023 at 9:27 AM, sepheroithisgod said:

This is what I used when the PS5 version launched. It works well and is probably faster than the Devil Pit. I believe it is what speedrunners use to plat the game.

On 11/7/2023 at 10:18 AM, Creasy007 said:

I always used Devil's Pit, but after the tweaks with the latest release, this is also the spot I used for most of the kill-related trophies that could apply to those two. It's way easier anyway, honestly, and doesn't require constant fast traveling and loading.

I tried the same ledge in Skellige recently, but instead of 2 pirates being there, it's a man and a woman talking on the ledge. I wasn't not able to proc combat with them. Getting close to them disables actual combat and only lets you act like you're going to punch them, or snap you fingers to make a flame. Has anyone tried this recently? Like within the last few weeks?

22 hours ago, here4headshots said:

I tried the same ledge in Skellige recently, but instead of 2 pirates being there, it's a man and a woman talking on the ledge. I wasn't not able to proc combat with them. Getting close to them disables actual combat and only lets you act like you're going to punch them, or snap you fingers to make a flame. Has anyone tried this recently? Like within the last few weeks?

Apologies, it's been a while since I played it so it's totally possible they've patched it during that gap in time and really didn't want people to use it for quick combat trophies.