Trophy Thoughts?

Alos88

Just now, breakingthegreen said:

That's good for me, I'm currently playing through FES to get the best version of the story, and had planned to play P3P with the female protagonist. So I'm glad that there's no requirement for both at a glance.

There actually is a trophy for beating the game with both MCs lol

• Like 2

1 minute ago, breakingthegreen said:

So I'm glad that there's no requirement for both at a glance.

It does say ”Beat the game with each protagonist”

I’ve been wanting to replay P3 for the longest time, so I don’t mind the trophy list being time consuming. In terms of difficulty I think it’s comparable to P4 Golden’s list except no ”Hardcore Risette Fan” trophy shenanigens

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Viscera1900 said:

I’ve been wanting to replay P3 for the longest time, so I don’t mind the trophy list being time consuming. In terms of difficulty I think it’s comparable to P4 Golden’s list except no ”Hardcore Risette Fan” trophy shenanigens

No more World Domination Xmas gift for you hahahaha lol. :D

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Alos88 said:

1 hour ago, Viscera1900 said:

Well Damnit... 

Thats a pretty standard Persona Trophy List.

Max out all Social Links and complete the Persona Compendium as well as Rank 1 in your Class on the School.

The only intressting one is beating the Game at least twice for each Main Protagonist.

Sad this is only a Simple Remaster. We will not see much Graphic improvements.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Zenpai said:

Beating Elizabeth and Margaret might be a little hard, though, at least if Elizabeth plays by the same (insane) rules she did in FES.

I remember spending eight hours fusing and re-fusing personae for the Elizabeth fight when playing P3 for the very first time with that fusion system the way it was.  On PS2.  (Including not being able to just manually pick skills off your fodder demons.)  Just to get the "ideal" Orpheus Telos I had in mind with eight very specific skills, and how I had to go several iterations back in the fusion trees to bring certain skills to the six primary fodder demons in enough quantity to have a halfway reasonable chance to get those and not all of the other skills that wanted to carry themselves through.  Which meant going back an iteration at a time to try and weed some of that stuff out.

Just about the only "more extreme" challenges the MegaTen games threw at me were the optional, secret boss battles in each half of Digital Devil Saga.  Which might be the only part of those games I wouldn't be looking forward to if Atlus ever gets around to re-mastering those for modern consoles.

3 hours ago, Meikoro said:

The only intressting one is beating the Game at least twice for each Main Protagonist.

I was actually wondering, in p4 golden, margaret would only be beatable in your 2nd playthrough. So does this actually mean playing the game twice as both protaganist?

I mean I love persona, but im a bit out of playing the game 4 times to get the plat :o

49 minutes ago, Bumperklever said:

I was actually wondering, in p4 golden, margaret would only be beatable in your 2nd playthrough. So does this actually mean playing the game twice as both protaganist?

I mean I love persona, but im a bit out of playing the game 4 times to get the plat :o

I have not played the FES Version on PSP, but you need to complete the Game as Male and Female Main Protagonist. Its a bit different in Story and it can be that a few secret Boss only unlock in a second playthrough. But for Platinum you need beat it at least twice anyway.

I also remember that the Persona fusion was very Money intensive on P4 Golden. I was running out at the End and start another playtrough to complete it. So it might be a good Idea to play trough it twice, if its as expansive as i think. ;)

On 12/25/2022 at 0:11 PM, Meikoro said:

I have not played the FES Version on PSP, but you need to complete the Game as Male and Female Main Protagonist. Its a bit different in Story and it can be that a few secret Boss only unlock in a second playthrough. But for Platinum you need beat it at least twice anyway.

I also remember that the Persona fusion was very Money intensive on P4 Golden. I was running out at the End and start another playtrough to complete it. So it might be a good Idea to play trough it twice, if its as expansive as i think. ;)

And if it like Persona some personas cant be fused till a ng+ playthrough anyway 

On 12/25/2022 at 4:22 AM, Alos88 said:

To be fair, I'm not mad. I've cleared the original Persona 3 100% and since we'll probably new New Game+ anyways to get strong enough to beat the superbosses, it'll be a nice excuse to go revisit my 100% of Persona 3 on the first run and, since I will probably have all the Persona registered for a trophy anyways, do NG+ as the girl and just focus on one Social Link romance. (If you played P3P, you know which guy I'm going to target for romance because it changes the story.) You see, Persona 3 has a notorious rep for the main character being a lady's man due to the fact that every female character you get high social link status with immediately romances you, which is annoying because Persona 3 did not punish the player for dating multiple girls and every girl ended up a romantic interest because Atlus did not realize how bad we Americans hate philandring. :P I am glad I do not have to put the female protag through that as I really like her character after playing a tiny bit of the PSP version which I downloaded on Vita on my old account. :)

This list looks like Persona 4 Golden's list nerfed to the ground since there are no trophies for catching fish(as there is no fishing in Gekkokan xD) or navigation lines (thank you, Fuka is my favorite Persona 3 character and I would have hated to kick her in the face if I had to endure that navigation line sh** ?); I can probably just use a guide for 100% social links and just go from there. A nice breath of fresh air after romancing several woman in Persona 5 Royal. (Yes, I could have just wooed Futaba every time, but I felt like it was not fair to Anne or Makoto. xD)

Hoping the Persona 4 Golden list for PS4 is like this but I seriously doubt that as they have a list for the original version on Vita. I'd love them to at least nerf Hardcore Risette to at least 100 navigation lines, which is doable, but I am not holding my breath. :(

Edited by Taruta13

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/25/2022 at 10:21 AM, youngcardinals- said:

I am so looking forward to this game. I’ll be playing the FemC route as my main and then back through with Makoto. Trophy list looks good and fun, though admittedly happy not to see a 250 Navigator lines trophy. 

If I go for this, I'll be doing the reverse - playing the main story as the male character and then doing New Game+ as Minako, because from my experiences with ranking up Social Links, this game is a hot mess because every Social Link character which was the opposite gender would always romance you when you got to Rank 9, which was thankfully fixed in Persona 4 by allowing you to choose a dialogue which would let you friendzone them. (In the FeMC route, Junpei is the only male who doesn't immediately fall in love with you due to the fact... well, because of story reasons ;)); I will probably have the FeMC romance... oh god, the playable who pulls an Aeris Gainsborough from FFVII halfway through the plot. It's been a while since I remembered his name, but if you max his Social Link before the event, he doesn't die. And I prefer to romance one person and that's it. Having done 100% Social Links in the original P3, I am going to let Makoto philander because the game won't let you friendzone the girls. ?

Edited by Taruta13
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...