Trophy Thoughts?

Alos88

Also, the games are $19.99 for both, so I am assuming that Atlus told them to sell at that price because Persona 5 Royal was so much more lucrative and there is no DLC for these games. Also, I think that's how much the original versions sold for. (I know I bought a used copy of Persona 4 Golden on the Vita for that price.) I think that if they had put them at $60, they would have lost a lot of customers.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Taruta13 said:

Also, the games are $19.99 for both, so I am assuming that Atlus told them to sell at that price because Persona 5 Royal was so much more lucrative and there is no DLC for these games. Also, I think that's how much the original versions sold for. (I know I bought a used copy of Persona 4 Golden on the Vita for that price.) I think that if they had put them at $60, they would have lost a lot of customers.

They're $19.99 each.

Fair price, though based on current yen valuation they're only worth $15. Atlus couldn't have justified charging any more than $20 for either one.

27 minutes ago, ShinySpidey said:

So does anyone know if there are actually glitched trophies in the PS4 version? I'd like to play this game but this drag really puts me off

I asked the guy who got the plat and he said that it works if you play the game on PS4 apparently, as he played it on PS4, he said it is a possibility that the trophies glitch if played on PS5. So I’ve dug out my PS4 to play this game. Visually it looks pretty much same anyway, since it’s a port 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Lava_Yuki said:

I asked the guy who got the plat and he said that it works if you play the game on PS4 apparently, as he played it on PS4, he said it is a possibility that the trophies glitch if played on PS5. So I’ve dug out my PS4 to play this game. Visually it looks pretty much same anyway, since it’s a port 

Nice, thanks for the reply. Hopefully it should work

1 hour ago, Lava_Yuki said:

Kinda doubt this is the case. It may have worked for that specific person... but they are still the only known person with the platinum. I have a hard time believing they are the only person playing the game on a PS4.

Edit: It looks like a second person has achieved the platinum, roughly an hour ago.

Edited by Valyrious

55 minutes ago, Valyrious said:

Kinda doubt this is the case. It may have worked for that specific person... but they are still the only known person with the platinum. I have a hard time believing they are the only person playing the game on a PS4.

Edit: It looks like a second person has achieved the platinum, roughly an hour ago.

I think it does work, he posted a comment about it on Powerpyx. 

Also considering how long this game is, like 110-120 hours minimum if you don't mess up and the game only releasing a few days ago, not many would have achieved the plat yet. My region in Japan and no users at all have the plat, or even quite a few of the trophies earned later on that aren't glitched. So I suspect that enough people have not gotten far enough to platinum. I'm still playing it on my PS4 just to be safe, I don't want to risk it on my PS5 just in case. I plan on keeping extra save files before maxing social links and clearing the game with both characters before the last boss of NG+, just in case. But hoping it won't glitch on the PS4

2 hours ago, Nicco555 said:

I just got the platinum on the Europe version (0.0% on PSN, so it seems I'm first). I played on PS5 all the time, and didn't encounter any issues at all.

Regarding the social butterfly trophy - did you need to do both male and female social links or did it pop once you did all link on the first character?

Edited by AIDA_TriEdge
Typo

2 hours ago, Nicco555 said:

I just got the platinum on the Europe version (0.0% on PSN, so it seems I'm first). I played on PS5 all the time, and didn't encounter any issues at all.

Have you update your profile, because the EU version of the game didn't show any platinum achiever yet.

6 minutes ago, AIDA_TriEdge said:

And what about the "A Pair of Wild Cards". Did you complete a NG+ with the other character or a fresh new run?

I did NG+.

2 minutes ago, serafh_sf said:

Have you update your profile, because the EU version of the game didn't show any platinum achiever yet.

The stats on the game pages only update once a day, but the leaderboards update nearly immediately. If you click on the platinum or look at the 100% Club (https://psnprofiles.com/100-club/20609-persona-3-portable), you can see me.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Valyrious said:

Hi, I'm the first person who got the platinum. I did in fact play on PS4 only bc I was away from my PS5 the entire holiday period. The thing is, I don't think it should even matter if you're playing on PS4 or PS5, but based on what everyone's been telling me who's been having trouble with those trophies, that was the only difference I could spot...

Afaik, there weren't any patches rolled out during the review period, so idk if that affected anything.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Yinyangfooey said:

Hi, I'm the first person who got the platinum. I did in fact play on PS4 only bc I was away from my PS5 the entire holiday period. The thing is, I don't think it should even matter if you're playing on PS4 or PS5, but based on what everyone's been telling me who's been having trouble with those trophies, that was the only difference I could spot...

Afaik, there weren't any patches rolled out during the review period, so idk if that affected anything.

It is a very weird issue, if that is truly why some people (like HardyBoy) couldn't get their plat to pop. I'm sure Atlus is working on a patch, and hopefully by the time more people get closer to achieving the platinum, a patch will be released and we won't have to use back up saves just to be safe. 

I am playing on PS5 and being careful with my saves though. I guess we can never be too safe.

9 hours ago, Nicco555 said:

That's interesting, I wonder why it didn't unlock for hardyboy, it's odd. 

4 hours ago, Valyrious said:

It is a very weird issue, if that is truly why some people (like HardyBoy) couldn't get their plat to pop. I'm sure Atlus is working on a patch, and hopefully by the time more people get closer to achieving the platinum, a patch will be released and we won't have to use back up saves just to be safe. 

I am playing on PS5 and being careful with my saves though. I guess we can never be too safe.

The only thing is does Atlus even know about this problem? With how few people have platinumed it and no one else getting far enough in the game yet for the glitched trophies to glitch, Atlus may be totally unaware and hence not even working on a patch, unless someone has reported it

Although for glitched trophies in general, does reloading and doing the requirement for the trophy again usually work? or by redownloading your save from the cloud, like if it glitched on PS5, would redownloading the save to PS4 pop the trophy should it glitch?

I never played a game with glitched trophies so far, so am not sure what people do about it and would hate to replay the whole game again. 

Edited by Lava_Yuki

5 hours ago, Yinyangfooey said:

I don't think the fact that you did it on PS4 was in doubt, it's more so the extremely limited dataset we're working with.

At this point, I don't think we can conclusively say it will or won't work no matter what you do.

1 hour ago, Lava_Yuki said:

Although for glitched trophies in general, does reloading and doing the requirement for the trophy again usually work? or by redownloading your save from the cloud, like if it glitched on PS5, would redownloading the save to PS4 pop the trophy should it glitch?

I never played a game with glitched trophies so far, so am not sure what people do about it and would hate to replay the whole game again. 

Generally it's safe to assume that as long as you haven't triggered the trophy requirements yet, any patch would force it to unlock properly once you meet the requirements, but it's not 100% guaranteed that a new save file isn't required.  Sometimes developers do retroactively unlock trophies based on a save, but it's less common.

Regarding the glitched trophy, do you think Rest Mode plays a factor in it? Because I remember back then with Tales of Arise one of my friend had a bugged Affinity trophy that was not unlocked, likely due to putting the console to Rest Mode. She did later managed to unlock the trophy after some tweaking though.

14 hours ago, Lava_Yuki said:

Well, that's a relief, as I bought the bundle on my PS4 so it'll be downloaded only on my PS4. It's weird that trophies don't pop with the requirements if you play a PS4 game on PS5, but I am guessing that's why they made a PS5 version of Persona 5 Royal. xD

8 hours ago, serafh_sf said:

Regarding the glitched trophy, do you think Rest Mode plays a factor in it? Because I remember back then with Tales of Arise one of my friend had a bugged Affinity trophy that was not unlocked, likely due to putting the console to Rest Mode. She did later managed to unlock the trophy after some tweaking though.

That could be a possibility although not sure. I played Arise and had no issues, but I always turn by consoles off, only using rest mode when downloading stuff. 

8 hours ago, Taruta13 said:

Well, that's a relief, as I bought the bundle on my PS4 so it'll be downloaded only on my PS4. It's weird that trophies don't pop with the requirements if you play a PS4 game on PS5, but I am guessing that's why they made a PS5 version of Persona 5 Royal. xD

Some here did comment they platinumed it on PS5, so it's unclear, but in the small print on the games page on the PSN shop it does say that some function may not be available on PS5 as it's made to play primarily on PS4, however can be played on PS5. Which I know is the generic line for all PS4 games for the PS5, but with so few plats as of yet, it's one possibility for why hardyboys trophies did not unlock despite 6 playthroughs redoing the trophy requirements. The other thing is that it could be a random thing regardless of your console with how glitched trophies work in general, some people get it and some don't, which sucks as it should not be that way