Trophy Thoughts?

Alos88

I got the platinum recently on the ps4 as version.
- Social Butterfly needs to be done with only one character. I would recommend to use the female character, since she has more night time social links.
- A pair of wildcards can be also done with the bad ending in your second run. You can actually just skip till december 31, get the bad ending and the trophy after the credits end.  After the tutorial you don't have to go to tartarus at all for this, since you never will fight nyx, meaning you can just skip literally everything, leaving you only the story related bosses.

Edited by Laxus-0

9 hours ago, Laxus-0 said:

- Social Butterfly needs to be done with only one character. I would recommend to use the female character, since she has more night time social links.
- A pair of wildcards can be also done with the bad ending in your second run. You can actually just skip till december 31, get the bad ending and the trophy after the credits end.  After the tutorial you don't have to go to tartarus at all for this, since you never will fight nyx, meaning you can just skip literally everything, leaving you only the story related bosses.

For pair of wild cards, if you so this would it affect unlocking and beating Elizabeth/Theo and Margaret? how did you go about this, did you do a proper second run and then fight them, or did you do the bad end and then continue to unlock them?

7 hours ago, Lava_Yuki said:

For pair of wild cards, if you so this would it affect unlocking and beating Elizabeth/Theo and Margaret? how did you go about this, did you do a proper second run and then fight them, or did you do the bad end and then continue to unlock them?

I fought them both in my first run since there is no new game + required. My second run was the skip run i just mentioned.

1 hour ago, Laxus-0 said:

I fought them both in my first run since there is no new game + required. My second run was the skip run i just mentioned.

Oh right, I didn't know that, i assumed they were only NG+. By the way what guide did you use to max all the social links with the female protag? There are two recommended ones on gamefaqs, but am not sure what to follow, as I have never played this game before so it's all new to me

Just now, Lava_Yuki said:

Oh right, I didn't know that, i assumed they were only NG+. By the way what guide did you use to max all the social links with the female protag? There are two recommended ones on gamefaqs, but am not sure what to follow, as I have never played this game before so it's all new to me

I used this one https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/psp/971508-shin-megami-tensei-persona-3-portable/faqs/60441

Appreciate the Guide link. Question for everyone though:

As someone VERY new to Persona 3 specifically, I’m curious if maxing all Social Links on a NG+ run of P3P is generally looked at as more relaxed/overall easier than in P4G?

It sounds like I’ll have an easier time using the female protag in NG+ for this, but even still, I’m wondering how that compares to a NG+ All SL run in Golden? What has everyone’s experiences been like?

UPDATE:

I got my Platinum on P4G a couple of hours ago. I just barely finished all the Social Links with only five free days left. That was also without following a guide, and I’m sure I could have optimized things better. That was very close to my original time limit on the Vita version as well; came down to only about two days left IIRC.

So I guess my question would be, is getting every Social Link maxed out in P3P going to be just as tight of a deadline? Or does playing as the female protag for the nighttime S. Links make this whole thing way easier overall?

Edited by SmileSlice

I have a couple of questions as well for @Laxus-0, well actually just one. The ending on these two playthroughs doesn't matter for A Pair of Wild Cards? In other words, you could just play both with the bad ending, sleep through most of the game like Stardew Valley Speedrunners do xD and still get the trophy for ending the game with both genders? (I am not saying you get the platinum that easily, I know there are a lot of things you have to do like beat the secret boss and get 100%, but for just that trophy it doesn't matter, right?)

Also, while I do not like the idea of the female character becoming a courtesan to multiple guys(because Persona 3 social link events were very bad about handling romantic relations. I've gotten 100% Social Links in the original Persona 3 for PS2 and let's just say that the main character visited too many girls' bedrooms, hell even Mitsuru, who looked to be a young woman three years older than the main character was confessing her love to him to get rid of an unwanted fiance!) especially a ten-year old boy who should not be dropping his "voice" just yet, but if getting 100% Social Links is easier on the female character due to her having more night events(I've platinumed Persona 5 Royal over six times on multiple accounts so I know that night events are more efficient for building social links), then so be it. I am so glad that you had the option to friendzone girls in Persona 4 Golden so you only had one girlfriend. To be fair, Persona 5 Royal let me do something I'd never do in real life - basically romance multiple women because each game is an alternate timeline. :P

I'm still not going to play Persona 3 Portable for a few months, in hopes that either a Persona 3 original remake is announced or they #$@%ing put out a patch so those trophies pop properly or they at least confirm what needs to be done to earn those. That's why I never play games on release, because I have no idea what the heck I have to do to insure I get a platinum. (The exceptions are games that I know the layout of, like Artifex Mundi games or LEGO games.)

On 28.1.2023 at 3:02 PM, Taruta13 said:

I have a couple of questions as well for @Laxus-0, well actually just one. The ending on these two playthroughs doesn't matter for A Pair of Wild Cards? In other words, you could just play both with the bad ending, sleep through most of the game like Stardew Valley Speedrunners do xD and still get the trophy for ending the game with both genders? (I am not saying you get the platinum that easily, I know there are a lot of things you have to do like beat the secret boss and get 100%, but for just that trophy it doesn't matter, right?)

Also, while I do not like the idea of the female character becoming a courtesan to multiple guys(because Persona 3 social link events were very bad about handling romantic relations. I've gotten 100% Social Links in the original Persona 3 for PS2 and let's just say that the main character visited too many girls' bedrooms, hell even Mitsuru, who looked to be a young woman three years older than the main character was confessing her love to him to get rid of an unwanted fiance!) especially a ten-year old boy who should not be dropping his "voice" just yet, but if getting 100% Social Links is easier on the female character due to her having more night events(I've platinumed Persona 5 Royal over six times on multiple accounts so I know that night events are more efficient for building social links), then so be it. I am so glad that you had the option to friendzone girls in Persona 4 Golden so you only had one girlfriend. To be fair, Persona 5 Royal let me do something I'd never do in real life - basically romance multiple women because each game is an alternate timeline. :P

I'm still not going to play Persona 3 Portable for a few months, in hopes that either a Persona 3 original remake is announced or they #$@%ing put out a patch so those trophies pop properly or they at least confirm what needs to be done to earn those. That's why I never play games on release, because I have no idea what the heck I have to do to insure I get a platinum. (The exceptions are games that I know the layout of, like Artifex Mundi games or LEGO games.)

As far as i know yes you could technically get both times the bad ending and get the trophy for it, but don't quote me on that. I only know that at least one of the runs can be a bad ending run. Someone else has to confirm that.

What about cheesing the boss fights for Elizabeth and the Reaper?

From what I can tell so far, playing on Beginner difficulty gives you unlimited revives. I’m guessing fighting the Reaper at my current low level (only in Block 2 at the moment) would take ages. However, am I correct in assuming this is just like P4G?

Can we use Beginner mode to simply cheese the Reaper super early on, as well as make the fight with Elizabeth later on trivial?

4 minutes ago, SmileSlice said:

What about cheesing the boss fights for Elizabeth and the Reaper?

From what I can tell so far, playing on Beginner difficulty gives you unlimited revives. I’m guessing fighting the Reaper at my current low level (only in Block 2 at the moment) would take ages. However, am I correct in assuming this is just like P4G?

Can we use Beginner mode to simply cheese the Reaper super early on, as well as make the fight with Elizabeth later on trivial?

If you revive after her Megidolaons, she will just use it again (and again, and again, forever). You can revive after any of her other attacks though. This is true for the Margaret battle aswell.

Edited by Nicco555
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Nicco555 said:

If you revive after her Megidolaons, she will just use it again (and again, and again, forever). You can revive after any of her other attacks though.

Ah, good to know. Anything like that preventing the Reaper fight from being easy? Or does he have a similar truck in place?

I’m wondering because the difficulty curve seems pretty steep going into Block 2. I was considering sticking through the Reaper for some semi-quick power levelling.

5 minutes ago, SmileSlice said:

Ah, good to know. Anything like that preventing the Reaper fight from being easy? Or does he have a similar truck in place?

I’m wondering because the difficulty curve seems pretty steep going into Block 2. I was considering sticking through the Reaper for some semi-quick power levelling.

You can cheese the Reaper as much as you want, though it's possible that if the Reaper is strong enough to 1-shot your whole party, you might not be able to get any turns before it kills you again. It will take a long time to kill if you do it very early though.

Edited by Nicco555
  • Like 1

Can fusion accidents only happen on unstable nights in Tartarus? Or can it occur anytime?

UPDATE:

Never mind. I got this a few minutes after posting. However, it occurred on an unstable night. So I am still curious if it can occur on any night?

Edited by SmileSlice

On 1/24/2023 at 10:16 PM, Laxus-0 said:

What about the story? I read somewhere that it would make more sense to play the male first then the female. Do you think it is gonna be confusing the other way around?

2 hours ago, Adam said:

What about the story? I read somewhere that it would make more sense to play the male first then the female. Do you think it is gonna be confusing the other way around?

Not really why? Some social links are different yes but the conclusion to the story is the same for both male and female.

• Like 1

Just got the platinum on PS5, both the Social Butterfly and A Pair of Wild Cards popped with no problems. Just want to share my experience for others:

- Did all Social Links on the Male Protagonist, Aigis was the last one and it popped on Level 10 Aeon. As such, female protagonist social links were ignored on second playthrough.

- For second playthrough with female protagonist, I skipped all of Tartarus and focused on getting to 12/31 where I chose the option to get the bad ending. The trophy "A Pair of Wild Cards" popped after the credits. 

- The Nose Doesn't Always Know trophy took a lot of hours to pop, just kept doing triple fusions on the lowest level personas and only skipping the fusion cutscene if there was no red screen shakes. Absolutely low chance of popping compared to Persona 4 and can be different for everyone.

These were all achieved on the EU version of Persona 3 and as such I did not encounter any bugged trophies during my playthrough. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Piro said:

Just got the platinum on PS5, both the Social Butterfly and A Pair of Wild Cards popped with no problems. Just want to share my experience for others:

- Did all Social Links on the Male Protagonist, Aigis was the last one and it popped on Level 10 Aeon. As such, female protagonist social links were ignored on second playthrough.

- For second playthrough with female protagonist, I skipped all of Tartarus and focused on getting to 12/31 where I chose the option to get the bad ending. The trophy "A Pair of Wild Cards" popped after the credits. 

- The Nose Doesn't Always Know trophy took a lot of hours to pop, just kept doing triple fusions on the lowest level personas and only skipping the fusion cutscene if there was no red screen shakes. Absolutely low chance of popping compared to Persona 4 and can be different for everyone.

These were all achieved on the EU version of Persona 3 and as such I did not encounter any bugged trophies during my playthrough. 

I would like to ask, I’m on my first playthrough, FemMC following the KADFC guide to max all SLs and stats. I was just wondering at what point in the calendar do you need to start preparing and have enough time for the Theo and Margaret fights?
The guides don’t mention when so do them. 

I assume some time in Jan, but using the Powerpyx guide which is very detailed and looking at it, tons of grinding needed for the relevant skill cards, getting ultimate weapons, gems to get the cards to max out persona stats etc? How many in game days are needed for all of this plus fighting the bosses? 

I am thinking better to do it in first play-through, because otherwise I would need to max all the SLs and do all the things again with the male MC to fuse Orpheous Telos as it doesn’t carry over, is this correct? I assume you did them on your first playthrough with FemMC as well? 

What did you do for your playthroughs in terms of when you prepped for these super bosses, like which day in game did you start, how long it took in terms of in game days to get the required personas/skills/weapons and if you used a guide for it? 

I don’t want to reach the end and find out I don’t have enough in game days to do all the prep powerpyx gives and having to do another playthrough and max all SLs again to unlock Orpheos Telos

29 minutes ago, Lava_Yuki said:

I would like to ask, I’m on my first playthrough, FemMC following the KADFC guide to max all SLs and stats. I was just wondering at what point in the calendar do you need to start preparing and have enough time for the Theo and Margaret fights?
The guides don’t mention when so do them. 

I assume some time in Jan, but using the Powerpyx guide which is very detailed and looking at it, tons of grinding needed for the relevant skill cards, getting ultimate weapons, gems to get the cards to max out persona stats etc? How many in game days are needed for all of this plus fighting the bosses? 

I am thinking better to do it in first play-through, because otherwise I would need to max all the SLs and do all the things again with the male MC to fuse Orpheous Telos as it doesn’t carry over, is this correct? I assume you did them on your first playthrough with FemMC as well? 

What did you do for your playthroughs in terms of when you prepped for these super bosses, like which day in game did you start, how long it took in terms of in game days to get the required personas/skills/weapons and if you used a guide for it? 

I don’t want to reach the end and find out I don’t have enough in game days to do all the prep powerpyx gives and having to do another playthrough and max all SLs again to unlock Orpheos Telos

I followed PowerPyx's guide for Male MC since Persona 3 is very strict on maxing out Social Links on my first playthrough as I finished my last one on 12/28 but FeMC route should be more lenient as you can do some of your social links at night as well. In regards to your question, social links status don't carry over to NG+, only the items you get from max social links of the respective arcanas which allows you to fuse the strongest persona of that arcana.

In terms of grinding, I did all the request and maxed out my stats before the second exam. Getting the highest score on the exam will get you the stat cards from Mitsuru when you talk to her in the Faculty Office Hallway which was more than enough to use on Orpheus Telos or Messiah. The Golden Hand shadows will give you Nihil weapons (only if you're not doing a request for that specific shadow on the specified floor of Tartarus) which will be good to fuse for the ultimate weapons later.

For me, I just played through the story and somewhat grinded even though I rushed through every single enemy I saw in Tartarus. The best way for me to level up is the Monad floor which you unlock when you hit Floor 254 and you finish the request to defeat the Reaper. With shuffle time and getting the Experience Boost (10) card, you'll be levelling up you, your party members and your personas very quickly. 

I fought Elizabeth and Margaret on the very last day which was 1/31 since I had everything finished and done, but you can use the whole of January to prep for 100% Compendium after you finish your last social link as well as fuse the persona to combine with the Nihil weapon for your party. 

If you completed your social links and you got some free time before 1/31, just use those free days to go into Tartarus and finish up on the levelling up, compendium, grinding for money, getting the ultimate armors and preparing for Elizabeth/Theo and Margaret fight.

Important to note to prepare for Elizabeth/Theodore and Margaret fight:

- For Paradigm Door (which unlocks at 1/1 and is a requirement to vs Margaret), you'll want to go inside once you're level 99 in stats and persona since you'll be vsing the arcana bosses with increased health, defense and attack.

- Hanged Man Door will give you x10 Armageddon if you defeat it after you let it spawn one Maya, let it turn the Maya into a bomb and then allow it to explode. Repeat if you don't get the item.

- Fortune & Strength Door will give you x10 Infinity if you allow the roulette wheel to put debuffs or damage your 3 teammates, and then let the Fortune or Strength boss deal the final blow to them if they're still alive. After that, just defeat the boss as normal. This one took a while for me to get so repeat as necessary.

- Everything for Orpheus Telos should be provided by skill card except for Thunder Reign which you'll need PowerPyx's guide to know how to transfer the skill over (I believe Odin has to be the higher level of the three personas for triple fusion)

- BONUS: If you want Orpheus Telos to inherit Morning Star otherwise Helel should provide you with it

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2023/2/5 at 11:53 PM, Piro said:

- Fortune & Strength Door will give you x10 Infinity if you allow the roulette wheel to put debuffs or damage your 3 teammates, and then let the Fortune or Strength boss deal the final blow to them if they're still alive. After that, just defeat the boss as normal. This one took a while for me to get so repeat as necessary.

-

Hi. I did try my best to follow your suggestion and explore its variation, but no luck for days. Always five pearls. May I ask if you could share a detailed setup or steps for reference? I have tried these in this whole week:

1. All unfortunate roulette during the battle; 2. all 3 dead after defense debuff; 3. all died after defense debuff but resurrected; 4. one died direct from roulette; 5. two died direct from roulette; 6. 4&5 but resurrected; 7. suffered status from roulette and then killed separately by bosses... 

I just need Elizabeth (and then a NG+ speed skip) for platinum. Thank you.

3 hours ago, R_vNistelrooy said:

Hi. I did try my best to follow your suggestion and explore its variation, but no luck for days. Always five pearls. May I ask if you could share a detailed setup or steps for reference? I have tried these in this whole week:

1. All unfortunate roulette during the battle; 2. all 3 dead after defense debuff; 3. all died after defense debuff but resurrected; 4. one died direct from roulette; 5. two died direct from roulette; 6. 4&5 but resurrected; 7. suffered status from roulette and then killed separately by bosses... 

At this point I would just say buy 10 from the antique shop. They need 4 malachite which seemed like a super common drop (I had 99 for majority of the game and you should have a lot from a missing person reward) and 4 pearls each. I had enough to get them from just playing normally. I couldn't get it to drop despite following this roulette stuff either.

8 hours ago, monoplist said:

At this point I would just say buy 10 from the antique shop. They need 4 malachite which seemed like a super common drop (I had 99 for majority of the game and you should have a lot from a missing person reward) and 4 pearls each. I had enough to get them from just playing normally. I couldn't get it to drop despite following this roulette stuff either.

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately I am on 31/1 inside already. So maybe the only reliable way out is to start NG+. This prohibits the speedrun in the female line for a bad ending on 31/12 though.

Not blaming anyone at all, just surprising to see that after a decade of release the world (including the Japanese and Chinese sites) haven't found out the precise requirement yet.

18 hours ago, R_vNistelrooy said:

Unfortunately, that's what happened for me. Had to go through the Fortune & Strength boss a lot of times just to get x10 Infinity. I was also on 31/1 so I couldn't get it from the shop, I'm pretty sure I had the team debuffed with fear while they were already on low health and then had the Fortune Arcana boss hit my teammates while I blocked until all 3 of them were down. I then defeated the boss like normal and it finally gave me the 10 Infinity that I needed.