Completing a game on two different PS4s, will it unlock the platinum?

I'm not sure where to post this, but wondering if someone knows the answer(tried a couple searches but found nothing). I started up Space Hulk Tactics last night and managed to get the online trophies done I think, but today it left PS Extra and is locked out. Luckily I installed it on my offline PS4 so it's still playable, but even though I synced my trophies before turning it off it's not showing them on that PS4. If I were to unlock all other trophies offline, then sync, would the platinum unlock at sync or would it be a broken list? Also, if the platinum timestamp is so far delayed...is that something that would be flagged? 

It looks like I'll need to buy it to properly sync and finish it, but maybe someone knows how this works.

Cheers

Edit: I now know why the sync didn't work, so in case this helps anyone. You have to start the game on the offline unit and sync trophies while in game before going offline. Otherwise no trophy progress gets saved to that unit. I installed the game, synced without starting the game and turned it off thinking I was good to go.

Edited by ThatDrunkGuy

16 minutes ago, ThatDrunkGuy said:

I'm not sure where to post this, but wondering if someone knows the answer(tried a couple searches but found nothing). I started up Space Hulk Tactics last night and managed to get the online trophies done I think, but today it left PS Extra and is locked out. Luckily I installed it on my offline PS4 so it's still playable, but even though I synced my trophies before turning it off it's not showing them on that PS4. If I were to unlock all other trophies offline, then sync, would the platinum unlock at sync or would it be a broken list? Also, if the platinum timestamp is so far delayed...is that something that would be flagged? 

It looks like I'll need to buy it to properly sync and finish it, but maybe someone knows how this works.

Cheers

So long as you ultimately earned all trophies at some point, the platinum should still unlock, even if it’s across multiple consoles.

I don’t know why the earned trophies wouldn’t show as earned if you did a full trophy sync though. 

13 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

So long as you ultimately earned all trophies at some point, the platinum should still unlock, even if it’s across multiple consoles.

I don’t know why the earned trophies wouldn’t show as earned if you did a full trophy sync though. 

Yeah, I made sure I synced up the trophies before bed on the offline ps4...since I knew it would be removed shortly. However when I started the game and earned the first story trophy it only shows the one. So if I complete the offline stuff and go online the game will get locked out and I'll be adding 18 trophies to the 10 already synced. Just wasn't sure if you have to be in game for a platinum to unlock, and if the platinum being a few minutes later is something that would be flagged.

• Like 1

Yes you should still get it once it syncs, although this was not the case for me.

I actually had this same question a few months ago and I totally got fucked out of some of the trophies I popped once the trophies synced. No idea why, they just vanished once I did the sync though. My experience is below:

I was playing Mafia 2 and was in the same predicament when leaving town. I got most of the trophies but just needed to finish out the story and collectibles. My first day on the new PS4 I finished out the story, then a few days later, over the next week or so got all the collectibles, etc, getting all of the trophies I needed for 100% -- should be good to go.

BUT when I got home and synced the trophies, I was missing all of the story trophies I completed when I first got to the new PS4 -- absolutely 0 record of the trophies anywhere. I was robbed!

But I think my problem was, I didn't sync my trophy list on the new PS4 prior to going offline, so on the new PS4, I ONLY had the trophies that I had earned after going offline, which is why I didn't get the platinum offline. So fine. I thought they'd all sync, then the platinum would pop once sync'd -- that's also what someone said to my forum reply.

No idea what happened, but I lost out on 4 trophies attempting this. It should've just synced together though.

Edited by Long-Ryde

Never really heard of this sort of situation, so if you earn 8 out of 18 trophies in a game on 1 console and sync, then earn the other 10 out of 18 on the other then sync later, will the platinum trophy unlock once all trophies have synced?

I think that's what I'm getting from this.

Edited by Bloke

5 minutes ago, Long-Ryde said:

that's also what someone said to my forum reply.

Thank you, I'll look in the Mafia 2 threads.

1 minute ago, Bloke said:

Never really heard of this sort of situation, so if you earn 8 out of 18 trophies in a game on 1 console and sync, then earn the other 10 out of 18 on the other then sync later, will the platinum trophy unlock once all trophies have synced?

I think that's what I'm getting from this.

Yeah, I've never had this happen...was pretty sure I synced up before bed so I could finish it offline. I have 10 trophies earned and synced, but the offline PS4 I intended to finish it on only shows the 1 trophy I just earned. So my question is...is it the game that pops the plat or PSN when it sees all trophies are earned? Also, with the plat being a few minutes later(if it does pop plat on sync) will that look like cheating and get flagged?

Where the trophies you synced from PSN to the PS4 that would stay offline afterwards, already visible after going offline?

The thing is... when playing offline you only see the trophies for the trophylists that are saved/exist locally on that PS4.

So when connected to the internet you always see all trophies that are synced to PSN, you could call it 'online mode' like there is on PS3 (freezes and is very slow on PS3 if you have too many trophies so don't use it).

When you're not connected to internet or 'offline mode' you'll only see the trophies that are saved locally on that PS4.

If you want trophies synced to PSN with PS4 number 1, to show up offline on PS4 number 2, just syncing might not be enough. This syncing will mainly check if there's local trophies that are not yet on PSN. But it won't necessary sync back all trophies from PSN to your PS4, only for the trophylists that are already known on that PS4 it will certainly do that.

On PS3 it was easier to check what is known offline because it has an offline mode, on PS4 it can only be done by disconnecting from internet. On PS3 this sync back would still happen for most games, also games that are not yet known locally. But it could happen that a game was skipped and that you started it and a trophy you already earned would pop again (date got fixed to original date when syncing).

With the above in mind: You should have probably boot the game on PS4 number 2 so the trophylist is known locally and afterwards sync back the trophies from PSN. Also check after that and when offline if you can see them. All this had to be done before the PS4 went offline to be sure.

Right now it's hard to tell what exactly will happen if you earn all the other trophies offline. I suspect if the trophies you see online on the online PS4 and the trophies on the offline PS4 all together mean a full trophylist, that you'll get it when syncing. No idea how that works with the timestamps... but I imagine you won't be the first one with a gap if that's how it works, in that case just lag on your PS4 could already cause this

The fact that you could see the trophies on PS4 number 2 means they definitely synced to PSN so you can't lose them like what happened to Long-Ryde.

Edited by Kolm

26 minutes ago, Kolm said:

Where the trophies you synced from PSN to the PS4 that would stay offline afterwards, already visible after going offline?

The thing is... when playing offline you only see the trophies for the trophylists that are saved/exist locally on that PS4.

So when connected to the internet you always see all trophies that are synced to PSN, you could call it 'online mode' like there is on PS3 (freezes and is very slow on PS3 if you have too many trophies so don't use it).

When you're not connected to internet or 'offline mode' you'll only see the trophies that are saved locally on that PS4.

If you want trophies synced to PSN with PS4 number 1, to show up offline on PS4 number 2, just syncing might not be enough. This syncing will mainly check if there's local trophies that are not yet on PSN. But it won't necessary sync back all trophies from PSN to your PS4, only for the trophylists that are already known on that PS4 it will certainly do that.

On PS3 it was easier to check what is known offline because it has an offline mode, on PS4 it can only be done by disconnecting from internet. On PS3 this sync back would still happen for most games, also games that are not yet known locally. But it could happen that a game was skipped and that you started it and a trophy you already earned would pop again (date got fixed to original date when syncing).

With the above in mind: You should have probably boot the game on PS4 number 2 so the trophylist is known locally and afterwards sync back the trophies from PSN. Also check after that and when offline if you can see them. All this had to be done before the PS4 went offline to be sure.

Right now it's hard to tell what exactly will happen if you earn all the other trophies offline. I suspect if the trophies you see online on the online PS4 and the trophies on the offline PS4 all together mean a full trophylist, that you'll get it when syncing. No idea how that works with the timestamps... but I imagine you won't be the first one with a gap if that's how it works, in that case just lag on your PS4 could already cause this

The fact that you could see the trophies on PS4 number 2 means they definitely synced to PSN so you can't lose them like what happened to Long-Ryde.

Thanks. Only thing I know for sure is I installed the game and synced my trophy list before turning it off and disconnecting the internet. Usually this is good enough, but when I played today it's only showing the offline trophy earned. 

2 hours ago, Kolm said:

Yup. If the trophies are already known on system #2, you shouldn't have a problem. I think my platinum would've popped had I not lost any trophies in the sync process. I wish I knew what the factor was that caused that with only those trophies even though I got a handful of others offline as well.

3 hours ago, ThatDrunkGuy said:

Thank you, I'll look in the Mafia 2 threads.

It's in off-topic because I didn't know where to post it lol it's got little info, but I just wanted to put it out there in case someone else had the issue.

56 minutes ago, Long-Ryde said:

Yup. If the trophies are already known on system #2, you shouldn't have a problem. I think my platinum would've popped had I not lost any trophies in the sync process. I wish I knew what the factor was that caused that with only those trophies even though I got a handful of others offline as well.

It's in off-topic because I didn't know where to post it lol it's got little info, but I just wanted to put it out there in case someone else had the issue.

Right on, yeah I couldn't find it before lol

Interesting the guy said the platinum doesn't pop but just exists on the PSN side...looks like it should work. I have an alt account that's close to a plat on Borderlands, so I think I'm gonna replicate the situation and see what happens on that account.

5 hours ago, ThatDrunkGuy said:

Cheers

If you earned all remaining trophies offline, without ever having synced them to your other PS4, you're going to end up with the platinum trophy unlocking when you next sync. Your plat and last trophy will not share the same time, and will look hacked. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ArmoredSnowman said:

If you earned all remaining trophies offline, without ever having synced them to your other PS4, you're going to end up with the platinum trophy unlocking when you next sync. Your plat and last trophy will not share the same time, and will look hacked. 

Well that's a shame. Definitely not cheating or hacking, just trying to complete a game that left plus.

I tested on my alt account with Borderlands. The platinum does unlock on sync with two incomplete lists. So my last question is to the CRT.

If I did all the online trophies on one PS4, the offline on another, then sync the two to earn a platinum with a couple minutes delay between the last trophy and the plat...will that constitute a flag? Keep in mind I did not transfer any save and I did sync the list to the offline PS4 before going forward(I just don't know why it didn't take). 

Timestamp Synchronization Manipulation

Trophies should appear on your profile as they would “if they immediately synced to the PlayStation Network.” Do not manipulate timestamps by:

• Deletion of un-synced trophies earned, via a PlayStation System Restore (formatting data), followed by using your backed up save-game data. 
  • Transferring save-game data between multiple PlayStation systems without synchronizing data on them before resuming play.
  • Purposely waiting extended periods of time to sync your trophies in a manner that appears to break other listed rules.

The bold line concerns me because, well you just don't know what I'm up to. So is there anything I can do in the process that can prove it's legit? I'll message one of you privately. 

8 minutes ago, ArmoredSnowman said:

You would need to sync the acc to your other PS4 before going for the remaining trophies, so to avoid the issue.

Problem is that he'll lose access to the game as soon as that offline PS4 goes online now because the game has left PSPlus.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Kolm said:

Problem is that he'll lose access to the game as soon as that offline PS4 goes online now because the game has left PSPlus.

Only real fix I see, is buying the game. Then once the offline PS4 is connected online and synced, everything should be together.

• Like 1

I wouldn't sweat it. You're not hacking anything, just manipulating the network status on your console. I don't see how you'd be changing the timestamp unless you change your console time or something, as I assume the console keeps an internal clock.

It's literally not cheating of any sort. I think it'd be weird to flag it too IF there even was a timestamp discrepancy.

Yeah, I think I'm good to go. I can't imagine how people cheat trophies, and I'm not gonna go down that rabbit hole lol...but I'll have all the trophy images on the PS4's. I won't have any trophies out of order or impossible times that's for sure. There's a chance I won't even finish it on time and have to buy it anyway! hahaha

?

On 2023/1/18 at 10:08 PM, ThatDrunkGuy said:

I tested on my alt account with Borderlands. The platinum does unlock on sync with two incomplete lists. So my last question is to the CRT.

If I did all the online trophies on one PS4, the offline on another, then sync the two to earn a platinum with a couple minutes delay between the last trophy and the plat...will that constitute a flag? Keep in mind I did not transfer any save and I did sync the list to the offline PS4 before going forward(I just don't know why it didn't take). 

Timestamp Synchronization Manipulation

Trophies should appear on your profile as they would “if they immediately synced to the PlayStation Network.” Do not manipulate timestamps by:

• Deletion of un-synced trophies earned, via a PlayStation System Restore (formatting data), followed by using your backed up save-game data. 
  • Transferring save-game data between multiple PlayStation systems without synchronizing data on them before resuming play.
  • Purposely waiting extended periods of time to sync your trophies in a manner that appears to break other listed rules.

If I am understanding things correctly, I think your plan does violate the rule you pointed out, and will probably be flagged as cheating.

2 hours ago, ChenZheCHN said:

If I am understanding things correctly, I think your plan does violate the rule you pointed out, and will probably be flagged as cheating.

I didn't transfer a save because the online trophies have nothing to do with the story. I started the story offline on a fresh save. I also did sync the trophy data before going offline, like I've done in the past...however I'm unsure why it didn't save to the PS4 Pro when I got back on the next day.

• 3 weeks later...

I have a pretty similar issue... I am about to clean up my trophies, and I platinumed a game started on a offline profile on my ps4. the thing is, I unlocked the plat with a trophy, which I already earned and synched... since the timestamp will be overwritten with the earlier timestamp, the plat will be unlocked with a time gap...

I have 16 games played and platted on the offline account, which I am a little worried about to sync now... 

Edited by FireWalkWithMe85

To my knowledge, I've never had timestamps change on me. A good example is I would often play offline games with the kids that I had already finished, and trophies would unlock because it wasn't synced. Whenever I did sync again, those new trophies would just vanish...never had the original PSN trophy times change once. 

yes, thats the thing, I unlocked the last trophy yesterday, with that trophy the plat unlocked to... now I saw, that I already earned that particular trophy back in 2016, now the new trophy will just be "ignored, but the platinum already has a timestamp in 2023... normally plats unlock 0-1 second after the last trophy....