Guide Writer's Headquarters

I'm (probably) retiring from guide writing soon as it takes up far too much of my time. It's been a fun ride, I'm sure the plentiful talented writers will fill my gap no problem. Have fun, y'all

Edited by ManaFear

On 3/12/2014 at 7:07 PM, itzzh3lixx said:

Guides People Want to See

In case you want a guide made for you, or maybe if you are looking for suggestions on what guide you should make then this is the perfect thread for you :)

Here is a list of the games that have been suggested, thank you Saltyie for coming up with this idea. All of the games are listed in alphabetical order:

• Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2

Forgot to mention this earlier, but this guide can be removed from the list.

• Like 1

The persistence and Squishies are almost done. My dearest buddies @Smzthy and @Wuthg21 are doing a final grammar check.

I've got early acces to In death, so i'll be doing a guide about that one too.
Also i will be given access to Affected: The manor. According to the developer it would be a cinematic experience, so i'll be seeing how i will write a guide about that.

The developer of SIGI - A Fart of Melusina was so thrilled with my guide that he will give me access to Bobby Bombastic ( Release date is TBA)

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Having a bit of an issue with formatting a guide I'm writing... perhaps someone else has a fix for this or someone on the guide team can help? @Dragon-Archon, @BlindMango?

I'm trying to use increase indent formatting in a guide I'm writing (Shaq Fu: A Legend Reborn). When in the editor, the indents work as intended, but they are no longer there after I save the section. To be more specific, the automatic indents for lists work appropriately (I have a bulleted list in my "Tips and Strategies" section) but it's not working when I try to indent paragraphs (I'm writing boss strategies which I would like to have offset from the rest of the trophy description... an example is in the trophy description for Puppet Master). If it matters, I'm using Google Chrome as my browser while writing this guide.

13 minutes ago, eigen-space said:

Having a bit of an issue with formatting a guide I'm writing... perhaps someone else has a fix for this or someone on the guide team can help? @Dragon-Archon, @BlindMango?

I'm trying to use increase indent formatting in a guide I'm writing (Shaq Fu: A Legend Reborn). When in the editor, the indents work as intended, but they are no longer there after I save the section. To be more specific, the automatic indents for lists work appropriately (I have a bulleted list in my "Tips and Strategies" section) but it's not working when I try to indent paragraphs (I'm writing boss strategies which I would like to have offset from the rest of the trophy description... an example is in the trophy description for Puppet Master). If it matters, I'm using Google Chrome as my browser while writing this guide.

Increasing the indent doesn't work on regular text, only with bulleted or numbered lists. A workaround would be to add a table with 2 columns. Slide the vertical border of the first cell to the left and turn it into an invisible table by setting it as borderless (this can be done by clicking anywhere on the table, a pop up menu will appear -> click on the icon with the brush). When the table is invisible, it will seem as if the text is indented. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hey so the other day I edited the Fallout 4 guide to add a tip in and I didn't see the revert edit option for the guide and I can't seem to find that option on any other guide. Did something happen with that feature?

12 hours ago, Redgrave said:

Hey so the other day I edited the Fallout 4 guide to add a tip in and I didn't see the revert edit option for the guide and I can't seem to find that option on any other guide. Did something happen with that feature?

You need to save the changes, then select a previous edit. Afterwards, the revert option appears.

17 hours ago, Redgrave said:

I'll also add that the revert archive stays up for only a few months after an edit is made!

9 hours ago, Dragon-Archon said:

You need to save the changes, then select a previous edit. Afterwards, the revert option appears.

4 hours ago, BlindMango said:

I'll also add that the revert archive stays up for only a few months after an edit is made!

Ah okay. I can see it now. I didn't think it worked like that. Thanks anyway :)

And since we're on the subject I figured I would ask now, but are guide team members able to see all the edits someone makes in a guide regardless of how much time has passed?

• 4 weeks later...
On 27/1/2019 at 1:38 PM, Dragon-Archon said:

Nope, no one is working on it.

Ok, I'll figure it out something and I'll let you know if I'm going to write it :)

Ok, I'll write it, but it will take a little bit because I want to do a good guide. I hope that this will not be a problem ?

Edited by new-stirum94