Guide Writer's Headquarters

On 3/11/2020 at 11:03 AM, UnboundedCash99 said:

hey, i would like to know if anyone is working on Uno for the PS4

https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/5174-uno

Hey, it looks like nobody is currently working on a guide for Uno

On 3/11/2020 at 4:19 AM, nealbo85 said:

I've found a guide that for the most part is fine but contains incorrect information for a trophy that meant some wasted time for me and I'm sure others too. Is it possible to have a guide updated/take ownership of a guide that was written by someone that is no longer active (since 2015) or is it just doomed to forever contain incorrect information?

I would try contacting the writer of the guide first, because even though they haven't updated the guide in a while, they may still use for forums. Or try contacting them on PSN if worse comes to worse to see if they could update the guide themselves or if they could add you as a second writer. If you can't get in touch with the writer, let one of us from the guide team know and we can either make edits to it or add you to it as a last case scenario.

• 2 weeks later...

hello, a friend and i have been working on a guide for Laser League for a while and it has plenty of details and work done on it. and i just noticed that there has been another guide that's been published about it

https://psnprofiles.com/guide/9894-laser-league-trophy-guide

am i legally allowed to publish my version or should i just give up?

1 hour ago, UnboundedCash99 said:

hello, a friend and i have been working on a guide for Laser League for a while and it has plenty of details and work done on it. and i just noticed that there has been another guide that's been published about it

https://psnprofiles.com/guide/9894-laser-league-trophy-guide

am i legally allowed to publish my version or should i just give up?

No need to give up if you still want to publish a guide for that game! We allow second guides to be published for a game, but the detail of the second guide has to be on par or better than the first one :) 

I've just updated my guide for Limbo as some of the videos were no longer working but now when viewing the guide all the video's I've replaced get stuck with a loading circle. The videos do work but not until you click on them. Is there a way to fix this? Also how do you edit comment's you've made on a guide?

21 hours ago, Mystvayne said:

I've just updated my guide for Limbo as some of the videos were no longer working but now when viewing the guide all the video's I've replaced get stuck with a loading circle. The videos do work but not until you click on them. Is there a way to fix this? Also how do you edit comment's you've made on a guide?

So this appears to be an issue with YouTube's embedded video API where it spins forever if the video thumbnail image is below 1920x1080 resolution. The video will still play when you click on it, however it won't show a thumbnail image there for low-resolution thumbnail images. Something similar to this happened a while ago and YouTube finally fixed it one day, and now it seems to have broken again :facepalm: 

Edited by BlindMango
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, BlindMango said:

So this appears to be an issue with YouTube's embedded video API where it spins forever if the video thumbnail image is below 1920x1080 resolution. The video will still play when you click on it, however it won't show a thumbnail image there for low-resolution thumbnail images. Something similar to this happened a while ago and YouTube finally fixed it one day, and now it seems to have broken again :facepalm: 

Ok, I'll just leave them as they are then and hope it sorts itself out at some point. Thanks ?

• 2 weeks later...

I'm thinking about writing a guide for GRID's Season 1-3 DLC. The trophies were released with the Season 3 patch. Since they all ask you to beat lap times with particular cars I thought it'd make sense to combine the 3 guides, saving people from having to switch between them.

However, when creating the guide I'm forced to select which DLC it's for. The Guide Handbook says:

DLC Guide - Guides for a piece of DLC are separate from the base game and cannot be combined. This is because guide writers who wrote a trophy guide for the base game would be expected to keep their guide up to date for the DLC as well, which is too large of a requirement. Also each piece of DLC gets its own dedicated Roadmap and Tips & Strategies area, they're treated as their own game.

Does this mean it applies to combining DLC guides as well? Also what does the last sentence mean exactly?

11 hours ago, fadingtrails said:

I'm thinking about writing a guide for GRID's Season 1-3 DLC. The trophies were released with the Season 3 patch. Since they all ask you to beat lap times with particular cars I thought it'd make sense to combine the 3 guides, saving people from having to switch between them.

However, when creating the guide I'm forced to select which DLC it's for. The Guide Handbook says:

Does this mean it applies to combining DLC guides as well? Also what does the last sentence mean exactly?

Hey, if this were possible I would probably consider doing this, though unfortunately we don't have the capability to combine guides. =/ The last sentence just means that each DLC will be its own guide, so it needs its own roadmap and (optional) tips & strategies area.

I think having 3 separate guides is an okay thing to do though. Each trophy could have its own description, information, tips, recommended options, etc...

• Like 2

https://psnprofiles.com/trophy/6446-hellblade-senuas-sacrifice/15-stories-from-the-north

Something went wrong here

Incomplete and comments in the guide have been made a year and a half ago, then last year then this year and still nothing is fixed

That's why i miss Tips for a trophy

Edited by waltdisneypixar
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm currently writing my first guide for this site. I wrote a few times "refer to (trophy)" and added the link of the trophy I want to guide it to but then it opens a whole new tab in the browser when I want it to just scroll down the page. How can I do this?

On 5/17/2020 at 7:32 PM, LoveInHell said:

I'm currently writing my first guide for this site. I wrote a few times "refer to (trophy)" and added the link of the trophy I want to guide it to but then it opens a whole new tab in the browser when I want it to just scroll down the page. How can I do this?

Right click the trophy you wish to link to from the guide navigation side bar and select, "Save link location/address"

EuYivDq.gif

On 5/4/2020 at 11:44 AM, LucasIIGD said:

Hey guys, long time no see....

I'm wanting to write a guide for Streets of Rage 4, but I'm lacking the skill to complete it 100%, can I write it, anyway ?

Also if someone wants to team up, be my guest. 1f642.png

You can still start writing it, and work away at it as time goes, just remember that we can only publish finished guides

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Dreggit said:

Right click the trophy you wish to link to from the guide navigation side bar and select, "Save link location/address"

EuYivDq.gif

You can still start writing it, and work away at it as time goes, just remember that we can only publish finished guides

Thanks! I figured it out a couple of days ago and now it works properly. :) The guide is completely finished now. What does a guide exactly get judged on before it gets accepted?

18 minutes ago, LoveInHell said:

Thanks! I figured it out a couple of days ago and now it works properly. :) The guide is completely finished now. What does a guide exactly get judged on before it gets accepted?

Guides are typically reviewed in the order that we get them, it may take some days before the guide is reviewed. That said, I do see your guide in the que and I'll be reviewing it tonight along with several others. 

• Like 1

Is it possible for a guide to be linked to multiple editions/stacks of a single game?

Example: Middle-Earth: Shadow of Mordor has a great guide for the PS4 version here https://psnprofiles.com/guide/1697-middle-earth-shadow-of-mordor-trophy-guide. But the game has three different versions: PS3, PS4, and PS4 GOTY Edition. The above PS4 guide is listed under the Guides section of each game, as well as the DLC guides. But the guide itself only lists inline the trophies you have for the PS4 version it was written for. If you're playing a different version, you don't get the lovely in-guide display of which trophies you do/don't have.

Obviously, you could copy the guide entirely into the other editions of the game, but is there another way to handle this? Could the guide itself be updated to reflect the trophies of multiple stacks at once?

9 hours ago, PhyrxianLibrarin said:

Is it possible for a guide to be linked to multiple editions/stacks of a single game?

Example: Middle-Earth: Shadow of Mordor has a great guide for the PS4 version here https://psnprofiles.com/guide/1697-middle-earth-shadow-of-mordor-trophy-guide. But the game has three different versions: PS3, PS4, and PS4 GOTY Edition. The above PS4 guide is listed under the Guides section of each game, as well as the DLC guides. But the guide itself only lists inline the trophies you have for the PS4 version it was written for. If you're playing a different version, you don't get the lovely in-guide display of which trophies you do/don't have.

Obviously, you could copy the guide entirely into the other editions of the game, but is there another way to handle this? Could the guide itself be updated to reflect the trophies of multiple stacks at once?

It's on the to-do list for Sly to link these guides in the way you're explaining. Mainly it's going to have to be another workaround we'll have to make a fix for on the site here due to these trophy lists being so unorganized on PSN

• 3 weeks later...

I'm going to write a guide for the Slingshot DLC in XCOM Enemy Unknown. I did the entire DLC recently and I think I can throw together a decent guide for it. It's a rare DLC that is only available in certain regions so I expect not a huge following of it but it's nice to have it there for those that do have it. If anyone is writing one, please tell me. Thanks!

On 6/12/2020 at 9:17 AM, Last-_-Judgment said:

I'm going to write a guide for the Slingshot DLC in XCOM Enemy Unknown. I did the entire DLC recently and I think I can throw together a decent guide for it. It's a rare DLC that is only available in certain regions so I expect not a huge following of it but it's nice to have it there for those that do have it. If anyone is writing one, please tell me. Thanks!

I don't see anyone that has recently worked on a guide for this dlc so it is free game 

• Like 1