Guide Writer's Headquarters

5 minutes ago, mckbros said:

I did finish up Resistance 3, and started working on a guide. But I really slack off on working on the Resistance 3 guide. Anyone want to help me out? If asking for help with a guide is allowed?

It's allowed =)

On 8/15/2020 at 9:08 PM, mako-heart said:

This is usually caused by tables, but on inspecting all of the guides above, I found that each guides respective sidebar was as it should be. What browser are you using?

On 18.08.2020 at 7:34 AM, Dreggit said:

This is usually caused by tables, but on inspecting all of the guides above, I found that each guides respective sidebar was as it should be. What browser are you using?

I use chrome and checked also on safari sidebars were broken for me too

On 19/8/2020 at 9:25 PM, Helyx said:

When will your VN guides be available?

Finally I decided not to write the guides because in the rules it is specified that they should not be "copied", it is not that I am going to copy them, but the writing line that this type of game carries is unique and they would be very similar or equal to those that They already exist on other pages, therefore they could be classified as a copy.

Here is a test of what I started to write.

https://psnprofiles.com/guide/9719-甘えかたは彼女なりに-trophy-guide

Edited by WaddysWDS

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/19/2020 at 3:12 PM, Casual Trophy Hunter said:

I use chrome and checked also on safari sidebars were broken for me too

Im pretty sure it's tables expanding outside their bounds on mobile clients, I'll go back and check the encoding and fix it if I'm right

• 2 weeks later...

So I was browsing all the guides I've favorited over the years and noticed that there are a few guides that are now unpublished that I favorited a long time ago and can't remove from my favorited guides list.  For example, Energy Cycle and Storm Boy.  Is there a reasoning/bug causing this?  Or a way to un favorite that I'm missing? Thanks, just looking to clean up the tab a bit lol

10 minutes ago, NCSFan001 said:

So I was browsing all the guides I've favorited over the years and noticed that there are a few guides that are now unpublished that I favorited a long time ago and can't remove from my favorited guides list.  For example, Energy Cycle and Storm Boy.  Is there a reasoning/bug causing this?  Or a way to un favorite that I'm missing? Thanks, just looking to clean up the tab a bit lol

Can you directly private message me the links of the guides?

• 2 weeks later...

Is anyone working on a guide for THPS 1+2? I'm just mindlessly grinding xp for the last trophy now so wouldn't mind writing a guide in the meantime if nobody else is.

Edit: Well I'm slowly making a start, so feel free to message me if anyone wants to be added as a contributor. :)

Edited by Charizarzar

On 9/27/2020 at 2:42 PM, XxIsa-GxX said:

I was working on Yakuza Kiwami guide but someone else already released a guide for it... Can I still work on the guide as an alternative option or my luck is gone for it?

You could try messaging the writer and asking to be added as a contributor. I don't think it's frowned upon to publish your own guide even if there's an existing one so long as it's more detailed or isn't overly similar (the guide team will go over it to check that anyway), though generally I think it's better to just have one guide with a couple of contributors.

7 hours ago, Charizarzar said:

You could try messaging the writer and asking to be added as a contributor. I don't think it's frowned upon to publish your own guide even if there's an existing one so long as it's more detailed or isn't overly similar (the guide team will go over it to check that anyway), though generally I think it's better to just have one guide with a couple of contributors.

On 9/27/2020 at 9:42 AM, XxIsa-GxX said:

I was working on Yakuza Kiwami guide but someone else already released a guide for it... Can I still work on the guide as an alternative option or my luck is gone for it?

As long as your guide can reach an equal level of quality or greater, we can publish the guide. However, this only applies to Trophy guides, not DLCs and only two guides can be published for the base trophy list for any given game.

On 10/6/2020 at 1:12 PM, CsabelitoHUN said:

I'm trying to create my first trophy guide ever for Rocket Arena, but everytime I click on Create a Guide I can only choose the Gameplay Guide option and there is no Trophy Guide option

It won't let you create another trophy guide because it looks like you've already created a trophy guide a couple days ago: https://psnprofiles.com/guide/10943-rocket-arena-trophy-guide/edit (nobody can see this page but you)

To view all the guides you've created, you'll want to press the "Guides" button in the top toolbar, then select "Mine" next to the guide search bar

• Like 2

@Beyondthegrave07 and @BlindMango

Hey Guys!  

Great job on maintaining this massive online community!  To be a more helpful community member, I have a suggestion for improving the Guide Headquarters area. The section for "Guides People Want To See" is really outdated.  This list was great years ago when Saltyie created it for members looking for guides on NHL 13 and Dirt 2 but it's just not something anyone here would likely want anymore, plus I think the Guide Team, Moderators, and everyone else with authority on this site don't have the cycle time to update this list on a regular basis.  

Suggestion: Remove the "Guides People Want To See" section and put a bigger focus for guide creators to visit the "What guide(s) you are currently writing" section.  That way, guide creators can go in and directly review the list of guides being created.  I have a suggestion to improve that list as well but I'll save it for another post.  

Thank you for all the work you put into this site, its been one of my go-to sites I visit often.

Mike aka Paperclip1776

• Like 1