Guide Writer's Headquarters

Apotheon.  Need a guide what weapons and armor are best.  Never know if I should pick up a new shield or if my current one is best.

Guide here on PSNProfiles is excellent, but the weapon/armor thing is still a mystery.

Edited by Lorajet
Clarification

6 minutes ago, ShimizuGear09 said:

Can Digimon World: Next Order be added to the list? I'd love to have a guide for it :platinum:

I second this, even just a guide on how to get stronger Digimon would be great, most of the info i seem to find is disjointed, confusing and frankly not clear at all.

• 1 month later...
On 3/12/2014 at 9:07 PM, itzzh3lixx said:

In case you want a guide made for you, or maybe if you are looking for suggestions on what guide you should make then this is the perfect thread for you :)

Here is a list of the games that have been suggested, thank you Saltyie for coming up with this idea. All of the games are listed in alphabetical order:

• Batman Arkham Origins
  • Devil May Cry 4
  • Deadfall Adventures: Heart of Atlantis
  • Dead Space 3
  • Disgaea 5
  • Disgaea D2
  • DOOM 3
  • Dragon Age 2 DLCs (Excluding Legacy DLC)
  • Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2
  • Duke Nukem 3D: 20th Annivesary World Tour
  • Dungeons & Dragons: Chronicles of Mystara
  • Echochrome
  • Escape Dead Island
  • Far Cry 2
  • Far Cry Classic
  • God Eater 2: Rage Burst
  • Homefront
  • Hyperdimension Neptunia PP
  • Infinifactory
  • Katamari Forever
  • Kromaia
  • Lords of the Fallen
  • Metrico
  • Mugen Souls Z
  • Need for Speed Undercover
  • Nex Machina 
  • NBA 2K17
  • NHL 13
  • Oxenfree Text Walkthrough (Good, Bad, Silent Playthroughs)
  • Remember Me
  • Rock Boshers
  • Serious Sam 3 BFE
  • Shovel Knight: Specter of Torment
  • Skyforge
  • Split/Second
  • Tales of Graces f
  • Tearaway Unfolded
  • The Elder Scrolls Online
  • The Treasures of Montezuma 4
  • Toro
  • Toy Story 3
  • Trine 2: Complete Story
  • Way of the Samurai 3
  • Way of the Samurai 4
  • World of Tanks
  • Yakuza 3
  • Yakuza 4
  • Yakuza 5
  • Yooka-Laylee

Also check out What guide(s) are you currently writing to know what people are working on at the moment.

If you are new to making guides, then please see Writing a Guide manual  :)

Nobody interested in writing a guide for "Deus Ex Mankind Divided"??

Edited by abulnoor

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm running into trouble getting the spoiler tag to work properly. I have some text split up into several lines that i want to cover with one single spoiler tag, but if i try to do so, then it removes the line breaks and mashes up everything into one messy lump of text. The only other option i can think of is to have every line have its own spoiler tag, but that seems very tedious for the reader. Is there a way to preserve line breaks in spoiler tags?

51 minutes ago, Dorroile said:

I'm running into trouble getting the spoiler tag to work properly. I have some text split up into several lines that i want to cover with one single spoiler tag, but if i try to do so, then it removes the line breaks and mashes up everything into one messy lump of text. The only other option i can think of is to have every line have its own spoiler tag, but that seems very tedious for the reader. Is there a way to preserve line breaks in spoiler tags?

Unfortunately a spoiler block will lump the text together and center it. The only solution with that is like you said, make each line have its own spoiler tag. The previous spoiler tags we had didn't work at all with mobile, and these do but come with their own odd quirks unfortunately =/ 

2 minutes ago, BlindMango said:

Unfortunately a spoiler block will lump the text together and center it. The only solution with that is like you said, make each line have its own spoiler tag. The previous spoiler tags we had didn't work at all with mobile, and these do but come with their own odd quirks unfortunately =/ 

That's unfortunate, since these spoiler tags leave a lot to be desired in terms of functionality. Either way, i'll just have to try to format my text differently and improvise a way around it. Thanks for the clarification!

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/28/2018 at 4:06 PM, Dragon-Archon said:

Started a guide for this game. Don't know when it'll be finished though, as I like to take my time when writing one.

Also Tearway Unfolded has a guide now.

I am forever grateful! Been waiting on a guide for God Eater 2 for so long, since the guide on .org is total and utter garbage. I might finally be able to platinum the game now <3

1 hour ago, villdoc said:

How to find out if Far Cry 5 Guide is in works?

It looks like a number of them have been started over the past week but none of them ever really got off the ground besides filling out a draft trophy or two, one was idle for a few days but it looks like they might have decided to start working on it fully now 

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, anyone would like to make a guide to Sword Art Online: Fatal Bullet?

I would like to write by myself, but "my" English would not help, and I have little knowledge of how the guides work here.

I have the entire guide in Portuguese that could be used as a base for one in English, with the necessary adjustments and improvements to PSNProfiles.

14 hours ago, WerneyPark said:

Hello, anyone would like to make a guide to Sword Art Online: Fatal Bullet?

I would like to write by myself, but "my" English would not help, and I have little knowledge of how the guides work here.

I have the entire guide in Portuguese that could be used as a base for one in English, with the necessary adjustments and improvements to PSNProfiles.

There was one in progress, but it needed some revisions. Haven't seen it in the Review Queue after that. Would you like to join that guide as a contributor to port your Portugese guide? If so, I can ask the writers if they're interested.

Edited by Dragon-Archon
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Dragon-Archon said:

There was one in progress, but it needed some revisions. Haven't seen it in the Review Queue after that. Would you like to join that guide as a contributor to port your Portugese guide? If so, I can ask the writers if they're interested.

I'd like to, if you can do that I appreciate it.

If there is already one being created you have no reason to start one from scratch, it is much better to join what we have and increase what is necessary.

Edited by WerneyPark

30 minutes ago, WerneyPark said:

I'd like to, if you can do that I appreciate it.

If there is already one being created you have no reason to start one from scratch, it is much better to join what we have and increase what is necessary.

Ok, I'll ask them. Btw I forgot to ask this earlier, but did you write the Portugese guide or do you just want to port it in English?

6 minutes ago, Dragon-Archon said:

Ok, I'll ask them. Btw I forgot to ask this earlier, but did you write the Portugese guide or do you just want to port it in English?

I wrote the guide in Portuguese. I was even waiting to be approved on the website that we have in Portuguese and then I thought I would bring it here.