Share your strategies for albatross and hole-in-one trophies here.

Speady123

I started a similar topic when the first game came out. Obviously the easiest way to get these is by abusing the rewind feature in training mode, but character stats and courses obviously come into play.

Anyways, if you happen to get an albatross or hole-in-one (or even an eagle, although that one's pretty easy to come by), share how you went about it. Which character did you use, which course and hole, you wind settings, etc.?

I managed to get mine in VS mode, so couldn't control weather. From the trophy descriptions, it looks like only the hole in one is restricted to being in an actual game, but I've not attempted to do either in training, so can't confirm if that's possible.

Both holes I got mine on were on the first course (Balata Country Club). Hole 7 with Sweet Tooth for hole in one and Hole 13 with Mason for albatross. Hole 13 seemed to have the best layout for me to attempt the albatross. Aim for the right hand side of the fairway to give you a clear view to the green. Then it's a case of using rewinds to try out different clubs, power shot and place you hit the ball. Slicing your shot a little to see if it gets you closer can help. If not, rewind all the way back to your tee shot and put yourself in another position on the fairway to attempt from there.

Edited by Lumpommer
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Lumpommer said:

I managed to get mine in VS mode, so couldn't control weather. From the trophy descriptions, it looks like only the hole in one is restricted to being in an actual game, but I've not attempted to do either in training, so can't confirm if that's possible.

Both holes I got mine on were on the first course (Balata Country Club). Hole 7 with Sweet Tooth for hole in one and Hole 13 with Mason for albatross. Hole 13 seemed to have the best layout for me to attempt the albatross. Aim for the right hand side of the fairway to give you a clear view to the green. Then it's a case of using rewinds to try out different clubs, power shot and place you hit the ball. Slicing your shot a little to see if it gets you closer can help. If not, rewind all the way back to your tee shot and put yourself in another position on the fairway to attempt from there.

This is a massive help, I just got an Albatross with S.Tooth on Hole 13,

I'd add that in your first shot you want to get as close to the Hole as you can (as well as to the right to stay away from trees) you can clear around 270yds with a well placed and powerful swing as S.Tooth

8 hours ago, King_Poosh said:

Hey,

Has it been confirmed that the albatross and hole in one trophies be unlocked in training mode?

If so I’ll experiment this evening and let everyone know. Cheers

They should work, yes. I can confirm I got the eagle trophy in training mode.

EDIT: Nevermind. I can't confirm if it works for hole-in-one, since the description says otherwise.

Edited by Speady123

1 hour ago, Speady123 said:

They should work, yes. I can confirm I got the eagle trophy in training mode.

EDIT: Nevermind. I can't confirm if it works for hole-in-one, since the description says otherwise.

Hole in one do not work in training. I got "Eagle" trophy for doing hole-in-one ?

The special 9holes - par 3 works for it.

I will try to put some basic guide tomorrow as I managed to get 2 platinums :)

• Like 1

Did the Albratross with Sweet Tooth on Hole 13 of Balata Country club. I set the season to spring and had 8mph winds in direction of the hole. If you do this you will be able to choose between more clubs with the wider hits as you go for the shot. 

Idk if this is the best hole though as the green is really not good on this hole. I had to hit my shot off the flag to get it in. 

• Like 1

Hole 13 of Balata Country club worked for me, changing the wind direction towards the hole on the 2nd shot helped for sure. I think it's a good shout to try it there.

Just the hole in one to go now!

2 hours ago, hiryu said:

Hole in one do not work in training. I got "Eagle" trophy for doing hole-in-one 1f610.png

The special 9holes - par 3 works for it.

I will try to put some basic guide tomorrow as I managed to get 2 platinums :)

congrats!

Edit: Just got the plat using the methods above; albatross on Hole 13 of Balata Country (1st course) on training mode changing the wind before the first and second shot to face the hole. Used 18mph on the first hit for max distance, then 8mph for the second hit.

The hole in one trophy is also easy on special 9holes mode, just abuse the rewind feature. 

Thanks guys, hope this can help someone else too.

Edited by King_Poosh

19 hours ago, iceclouudd said:

Did the Albratross with Sweet Tooth on Hole 13 of Balata Country club. I set the season to spring and had 8mph winds in direction of the hole. If you do this you will be able to choose between more clubs with the wider hits as you go for the shot. 

Idk if this is the best hole though as the green is really not good on this hole. I had to hit my shot off the flag to get it in. 

I took Course 3 (Blue waters) and hole 9 (PAR5, 447y). Happy you managed to get it. Can be annoying

• Like 1

4 hours ago, whodeygamer said:

Same here, I tried hole 13 on Balata first but couldn’t do it no matter what I tried. Hole 9 on Blue Waters was much easier.

Glad I could help. I've created a guide, but received info that for this game guide HAS to be "premium" because first part of the game has it ??

30 minutes ago, Jordan_On_Tinder said:

Unless someone gives up a step by step Albatross, this trophy is going to be a total bitch. It took me days just to line up the perfect shot. Wish everyone the best but holy damn, Albatross SUCKS.

I don't see that's possible as the game adds some random value to each stroke. Only thing you might try is to: 1st stroke - go as far as possible, to ease the 2nd stroke.

On 22.01.2023 at 4:40 AM, Infected Elite said:

This was a pain in the ass. There isn't really an easy way. Doesn't matter what map you go for, sure some are a touch easier but In the end it comes entirely down to luck. 

True. It's 10% of optimal settings, and rest is luck :/

• Like 1

On 24.01.2023 at 4:11 PM, JEDI_BROTHERS said:

I used pennywise method and instead of having 8 wind I turned wind off and got it within 5 attempts after hours of trying with wind on

The wind is ok for the 1st stroke - to make the ball fly as far as it can. But on the second it's just random.

• 3 weeks later...
On 21/01/2023 at 10:28 PM, hiryu said:

Glad I could help. I've created a guide, but received info that for this game guide HAS to be "premium" because first part of the game has it ??

In your guide, you specify what club and ball you used for stroke 1, but not in stroke 2. The included video isn't entirely helpful either as it's just the stroke.

I'm playing on the PS5 version, having tried the method in the guide, as well as Balata club hole 13, and also the one from "Chris Casual Gaming" youtube video except hole won't spawn on the left side for me as it did for him.

The trophy percentages lied. I expected a breeze, a long breeze with character unlocks but a breeze nonetheless. This is not that.

5 hours ago, The11thAnomaly said:

In your guide, you specify what club and ball you used for stroke 1, but not in stroke 2. The included video isn't entirely helpful either as it's just the stroke.

I'm playing on the PS5 version, having tried the method in the guide, as well as Balata club hole 13, and also the one from "Chris Casual Gaming" youtube video except hole won't spawn on the left side for me as it did for him.

The trophy percentages lied. I expected a breeze, a long breeze with character unlocks but a breeze nonetheless. This is not that.

How can I give advice for a second stroke when it's related to the first one and it can fly randomly? I'm not a prophet sir. You need to adjust everything for it, according to your first stroke. Like everyone here and in the guide thread says - it's random, and there are no "magical" settings that will just work.

Not sure what you mean by "spawning". Holes are always in the same places. There is no change in that. Maybe the mirror mode of a course is what you're looking for?

Characters unlocking is the quickest part luckilly.

2 hours ago, hiryu said:

How can I give advice for a second stroke when it's related to the first one and it can fly randomly? I'm not a prophet sir. You need to adjust everything for it, according to your first stroke. Like everyone here and in the guide thread says - it's random, and there are no "magical" settings that will just work.

Not sure what you mean by "spawning". Holes are always in the same places. There is no change in that. Maybe the mirror mode of a course is what you're looking for?

Characters unlocking is the quickest part luckilly.

Sorry, was tired at time of posting and it sounds a lot more aggressive and accusatory than I meant to - which was not at all.

What I did mean was the combination of club and ball you had when you actually sunk the albatross. Despite it being an RNG battle for the second stroke, I was thinking if you knew what combination ultimately worked then perhaps it could cut down a lot of trial and error for the second hit.

As for the spawning comment, it relates entirely to the method described in the YouTube video by "Chris Casual Gaming" who uses Course 6, Hole 4. Apparently for this particular hole, the flag has a chance to be either on the left side of the green as opposed to the right side. His method requires the hole to be on the left, which again is entirely RNG related with a seemingly very strong penchant for right side spawn. 

2 hours ago, The11thAnomaly said:

Sorry, was tired at time of posting and it sounds a lot more aggressive and accusatory than I meant to - which was not at all.

OK :)

What I did mean was the combination of club and ball you had when you actually sunk the albatross. Despite it being an RNG battle for the second stroke, I was thinking if you knew what combination ultimately worked then perhaps it could cut down a lot of trial and error for the second hit.

Sadly no. I was hitting all the same, with any change being d-pad left/right. And sometimes out of frustration some totally weird shot ;)

As for the spawning comment, it relates entirely to the method described in the YouTube video by "Chris Casual Gaming" who uses Course 6, Hole 4. Apparently for this particular hole, the flag has a chance to be either on the left side of the green as opposed to the right side. His method requires the hole to be on the left, which again is entirely RNG related with a seemingly very strong penchant for right side spawn. 

Adding another layer of RNG sounds like a bad idea. But I can say that luck is the dominant factor. For PS5 I did everything much faster than on a PS4, even though I had already all the knowledge so it should be much easier.

• 4 months later...