Best Guide to use for Trophy Hunting?

TheRealMasonJar

Between the Penguine knight guide and KADFC's guide, which one is better for max social links for the female MC?

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/psp/971508-shin-megami-tensei-persona-3-portable/faqs/60441 seems to be one of the most recommended ones. Between this and the one above for femC S-link guide, which is better for the platinum?

Neither were written with trophies in mind but KADFC's guide gives you all the information you need to get all of the trophies that don't require NG+.

He even tells you want Tanaka has for sale each Sunday. You just need to make sure you buy something from Tanaka 5 times for the trophy. 

Switching Personas 5 times in one battle might be another thing for you to pay attention to do.

I followed the guide back when I played FES. You'll be able to do everything with MaleMC for sure. I never played P3P so I can't vouch for that guide yet.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, MidnightDragon said:

PowerPyx has a trophy guide if you're interested though it is WIP.

Nice one, thanks! Powerpyx sure is quick. Pity it isn't a roadmap walkthrough like what Arkphoenix did for golden on here, but useful for info. Although 6/10 difficulty seems steep for a persona game? Especially since games like FFX is only a 5/10 and I found that really hard. Looking at the trophy list, it doesn't look any harder than Golden which is a 3/10, especially without anything like the hard core risette trophy or the similar trophy with Futaba in P5 vanilla.

Although looking at the powerpyx guide, the social links trophy may be bugged, that sucks especially with how much time this game takes, over 100 hours. They better fix it or it will drive me nuts putting all the effort in only for no trophy. 

Edited by Lava_Yuki

2 hours ago, Lava_Yuki said:

Nice one, thanks! Powerpyx sure is quick. Pity it isn't a roadmap walkthrough like what Arkphoenix did for golden on here, but useful for info. Although 6/10 difficulty seems steep for a persona game? Especially since games like FFX is only a 5/10 and I found that really hard. Looking at the trophy list, it doesn't look any harder than Golden which is a 3/10, especially without anything like the hard core risette trophy or the similar trophy with Futaba in P5 vanilla.

Although looking at the powerpyx guide, the social links trophy may be bugged, that sucks especially with how much time this game takes, over 100 hours. They better fix it or it will drive me nuts putting all the effort in only for no trophy. 

Defeating Elizabeth/Theodore and Margaret is already a huge task to make it worth 6/10 for new comers. These superboss are harder than P4 Margaret and P5 Twins/Lavenza. Quite a joke tbh in terms of difficulty.

Edited by RavenScythe
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, TheRealHardyBoy1 said:

I wrote the guide on powerpyx website. I always rate the difficulty as I where a new player that never touched the game before. Personally, for me, it's a 3 maybe 4/10. And the two trophies mentioned in the guide are bugged for sure. I know someone has the plat, but they are still bugged. I played a total of 6 times through the game. I got over 200 hours of playtime.

1. Playthrough: I played as male char, but messed up with the s-links

2. Playthrough: I played as female char, and maxed all s-links = no trophies for maxing all slinks or playing with both characters.

3. Playthrough: I played as female char again but on a normal new game, maxed all s-links = no trophies for maxing all slinks or playing with both characters.

4. Playthrough: I played as male char again on NG+ (used the cleared save from my third playthrough) , maxed all s-links = no trophies for maxing all slinks or playing with both characters.

5. Playthrough: Redownloaded the game, backuped all saves to PS+, deleted them from the console, used a fresh save, played as male character, maxed all s-links = no trophy for maxing all slinks

6. Playthrough: I played as female char, and maxed all s-links = no trophies for maxing all slinks or playing with both characters.

So yes both trophies are bugged, i messaged the guy with the plat, let's see if he'll have useful informations.

Thank you for all your effort and clarifying the difficulty.

Aw that's disheartening, that is a lot of playthroughs and hours, only for it end up bugged, certainly did not expect that as it wasn't the case with any previous persona games where none of the trophies were bugged. I bought P3 but feel reluctant to start now... 

I do not plan on buying golden as I only platinumed the vita version this time last year.

I wonder if it would work in keeping two saves with each MC before maxing the last social link, and then once they patch this problem (if they do at all, as I know lots of glitched and bugged trophies in other games don't end up fixed...) to reload those saves, max the social links to get the platinum? I plan on giving that a go, considering how it needs a full playthrough. 

Hopefully the guy who has the plat can share some info on his platinum, as I do see that they are 1.15% rarity now, although that guy earned them 2 weeks ago apparently.... was this game out 2 weeks ago or am I missing something? My region in Japan and I certainly didn't see it on the PSN store until yesterday... 

I considered if the bug was a region thing but he is also NA region like you, so I wonder how he got it and it didn't work when you tried.

4 hours ago, RavenScythe said:

Defeating Elizabeth/Theodore and Margaret is already a huge task to make it worth 6/10 for new comers. These superboss are harder than P4 Margaret and P5 Twins/Lavenza. Quite a joke tbh in terms of difficulty.

I see, that makes sense, thanks for that! Even on easy mode is it really hard? In Golden I beat Margaret in golden on easy mode just for the trophy as I am kind of lazy that way, I do remember my party members all dying, except Yu and Naoto where I spammed her shield thing and Megidorans. i never played P3 before though

I didn't do a second playthrough in P5R as there were no trophies for beating the twins/lavenza in that, and did not play the vanilla one so I can't judge how hard they are. 

• Like 3

50 minutes ago, shiny12 said:

Does anyone know if Customized difficulty doesn’t unlock trophies? Kinda scared that it could create some conflict in them 

It should not because I did a custom difficulty for p4g on PC and still unlocked achievements, I assume it the same for p3p. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, shiny12 said:

Does anyone know if Customized difficulty doesn’t unlock trophies? Kinda scared that it could create some conflict in them 

It shouldn't, as it didn't for P4G and difficulty is not specified in the trophy description, so you could play on the easiest if you wanted to

• Like 2

14 hours ago, TheRealHardyBoy1 said:

I wrote the guide on powerpyx website. I always rate the difficulty as I where a new player that never touched the game before. Personally, for me, it's a 3 maybe 4/10. And the two trophies mentioned in the guide are bugged for sure. I know someone has the plat, but they are still bugged. I played a total of 6 times through the game. I got over 200 hours of playtime.

2. Playthrough: I played as female char, and maxed all s-links = no trophies for maxing all slinks or playing with both characters.

3. Playthrough: I played as female char again but on a normal new game, maxed all s-links = no trophies for maxing all slinks or playing with both characters.

4. Playthrough: I played as male char again on NG+ (used the cleared save from my third playthrough) , maxed all s-links = no trophies for maxing all slinks or playing with both characters.

5. Playthrough: Redownloaded the game, backuped all saves to PS+, deleted them from the console, used a fresh save, played as male character, maxed all s-links = no trophy for maxing all slinks

6. Playthrough: I played as female char, and maxed all s-links = no trophies for maxing all slinks or playing with both characters.

So yes both trophies are bugged, i messaged the guy with the plat, let's see if he'll have useful informations.

I guess the only order missing here is playing female first and then male from a fresh start, but I highly doubt it will be a solution and that they are really bugged ?

6 hours ago, Shadow_Xros said:

Following the male link guide from gamefaqs, it says you have to get a fatigued continued message on 4/24. I've been reloading my save for close to an hour, it's not appearing. Is there something else I have to do or am I just having bad luck?

that's your second day out of tartarus that's giving you trouble right?
I'd just reload your last save in tartarus and do a few more F10~F14 runs and try again.
You won't lose much progression, because not a lot is happening during the 4 days after tartarus except for visiting Edogawa daily and doing life sim stuff

Edited by Shinku_Tachi

On 1/19/2023 at 3:29 AM, TheRealHardyBoy1 said:

I'm not so sure it's really bugged. Even if it is, multiple people have the trophies at this point, so there should be some kind of trick to it.

Also, just to be sure, did you beat the game with the true ending every time or try to make playthroughs shorter by taking the bad end? It's possible only one works, or maybe you need to do both endings with both characters before it will pop. This specific trophy may also be difficulty dependent. Were you playing on something other than normal?

You also may not be able to get all social links in a single playthrough. You may need to do every version of every social link for it to pop. Like, join the swim club in one playthrough, then the kendo club on another, etc. It may only pop once you've gotten all social links with both characters too, as they have different social links. If it really is bugged, my best guess is that it will only pop if you do a specific one of the clubs. So that's something that could be tracked through every playthrough as well.

On 25.1.2023 at 7:38 PM, ExHaseo said:

I'm not so sure it's really bugged. Even if it is, multiple people have the trophies at this point, so there should be some kind of trick to it.

Also, just to be sure, did you beat the game with the true ending every time or try to make playthroughs shorter by taking the bad end? It's possible only one works, or maybe you need to do both endings with both characters before it will pop. This specific trophy may also be difficulty dependent. Were you playing on something other than normal?

You also may not be able to get all social links in a single playthrough. You may need to do every version of every social link for it to pop. Like, join the swim club in one playthrough, then the kendo club on another, etc. It may only pop once you've gotten all social links with both characters too, as they have different social links. If it really is bugged, my best guess is that it will only pop if you do a specific one of the clubs. So that's something that could be tracked through every playthrough as well.

For the endings, I actually tried both. Backuped my save on 12/31, killed Ryoji, then finished with the True Ending after reloading the save, Trophy didn't unlock both times. We also know from current platinum achievers that we only need on ending with each character.

And for social links we also know that we only have to finish them in one playthrough, which means that for example, we don't need all three different fortune club social links (main character).

I'm currently playing the EU version on my PS4, and I encountered a bug again. The trophy for maxing 10 s link only popped after my 13th maxed s link

Edited by TheRealHardyBoy1

16 hours ago, TheRealHardyBoy1 said:

For the endings, I actually tried both. Backuped my save on 12/31, killed Ryoji, then finished with the True Ending after reloading the save, Trophy didn't unlock both times. We also know from current platinum achievers that we only need on ending with each character.

And for social links we also know that we only have to finish them in one playthrough, which means that for example, we don't need all three different fortune club social links (main character).

I'm currently playing the EU version on my PS4, and I encountered a bug again. The trophy for maxing 10 s link only popped after my 13th maxed s link

That's really weird. I haven't seen any other reports of anyone else having any issues, and I haven't had any. I just got the trophy for playing as both characters without issue. If there's something wrong, it seems like it may be a problem with your system or something.

On 28.1.2023 at 7:08 AM, ExHaseo said:

That's really weird. I haven't seen any other reports of anyone else having any issues, and I haven't had any. I just got the trophy for playing as both characters without issue. If there's something wrong, it seems like it may be a problem with your system or something.

Well, I tried it on 5 different consoles, so I doubt it's the consoles. Maybe the issue is save-related or whatever. I messaged Atlus, waiting for a response.

Edit: Encountered another bug, the trophy for fusing 50 personas didn't unlock on the EU stack for me. I just completed the compendium and I'm missing the 50  fusions which normally would have unlocked.

Edited by TheRealHardyBoy1

36 minutes ago, TheRealHardyBoy1 said:

Well, I tried it on 5 different consoles, so I doubt it's the consoles. Maybe the issue is save-related or whatever. I messaged Atlus, waiting for a response.

Edit: Encountered another bug, the trophy for fusing 50 personas didn't unlock on the EU stack for me. I just completed the compendium and I'm missing the 50  fusions which normally would have unlocked.

Just a quick question: do you happen to play via remote play? There were games where trophies didn't pop when playing remotely. Even when you just play remotely for some time

Edited by post_exodus

9 hours ago, Shadow_Xros said:

Is there an issue with the switch 5 times in 1 fight trophy?

I've done this multiple times even using all the slots I currently have which is 8 put them in battle and do any action be it a buff or a regular attack.

I'm seeing people unlock it but I don't understand why it isn't popping for me.

I don't remember doing any action for the trophy besides switching persona?

I'm pretty sure I just had everyone but MC guard during their turn (unless healing was needed) then spent the next 5ish MC turns switching between my different personas then guarding as soon as I switched so I wouldn't accidentally kill the shadows. In my case I think I was switching between different persona every time and didn't repeat any but I'm not sure if that's necessary.