Best Guide to use for Trophy Hunting?

TheRealMasonJar

The PowerPyx guide is OK but there are definitely some issues with it. It makes some assumptions about your game knowledge and doesn't explicitly spell out a few things. Here are some notes from my attempt to use it and some areas I ran into trouble...I was able to finish with all social links maxed, but it took some adjustments.

1. Somewhere across the 4/24 and 5/4 Tartarus trips, you really need to grind levels and cash as you do not go to Tartarus again until 5/31. You need 20k to do one of the prerequisites for the Devil social link, plus you need extra money to pay for all the arcade games to boost your social stats and to be able to summon personas for other social links. Ballparking this I'd say you need close to 100k, not including any money you want to use for gear upgrades. You don't necessarily need all of that as cash on hand when you leave Tartarus as you can always sell some gear/items to help you out, but you definitely want somewhere close to it just to be safe. As for leveling, you also need to be at least level 11 to summon Valkyrie, plus hitting level 10 lets you carry extra personas which will help you cover all the social links.
  2. The guide states you need Hierophant and Chariot personas when you leave Tartarus on 4/24, but you should also have Strength, Hermit, and Magician, too, as you need these personas already in your inventory prior to the compendium opening on 5/10 so that you can maximize your social link progression. You then very quickly need Justice, Emperor, and Temperance after that, so you need to either have those available or save up extra money to fuse/summon them after 5/10.
  3. Request 1 will not, in fact, auto-pop on 5/2, like the guide says; you need to have it accepted before the beetles will drop the item you need. This is rather important to mention as 1) the quest is time-limited to 5/7 (so it MUST be done on the "optional" 5/4 trip, or you'll miss it forever) and 2) it gives you 12,000 yen, which is a MASSIVE amount for ensuring you can get through all the aforementioned necessary spending. This doesn't directly connect to any trophies, but if you want to do every request in the game you need to pay attention to this.
  4. On 5/2, you CANNOT "select any options" when talking to Chihiro; you need to pick the first option to walk home together or it doesn't count as a finished conversation and you won't be able to start the social link on 5/7. This messed me up but I was able to work around it by moving up Kenji to 5/7 and then replacing Kenji on 5/12 with Chihiro.
  5. The teddy bear gift mentioned on 6/21 should be purchased via the antiques shop on 6/9 (requires 2 Amethyst, needed by the time you leave Tartarus on 5/31) and the perfume gift mentioned on 7/5 should be purchased via Tanaka on 6/14. I am not sure how important these gifts actually are to maxing the social link though.
  6. Since the guide has you doing the Tower Social Link so early, you will probably be too low level to summon the lowest level Tower persona which requires level 31. You can grind up to that level on 7/5 or just swap out a bunch of the quiz game/study nights in late July and early August with extra Tower nights to fill in the gaps (as you can make up those academic boosts in September pretty easily). I think it took me 4 or so missed study and game nights to compensate for not having a Tower persona. Generally speaking, you have TONS of free nights starting around mid-September...I pretty much just went to bed every night from then onwards after I finished the Tower social link and maxed academics, so don't worry too much if you fall behind here.
  7. Save before you do a fortune at the temple as a bad luck fortune can make you lose multiple thousands of yen and/or become tired. This doesn't really matter later in the game, but you'll definitely feel it earlier on when money is scarce and Yawn-B-Gones are limited.
  8. Any time you do a Hermit social link on a Sunday and/or during summer vacation, you already need a Hermit persona in your inventory by the preceding evening as you cannot go to the Velvet Room to get one without advancing the clock. This is particularly relevant on 8/7 as you do a boss fight on 8/6; make sure you have a Hermit in your inventory before beating the boss.
  9. There's a typo in the guide on 11/1 - he is talking about the Star social link here, not the Moon social link.
  10. You should talk to Junpei on 11/22 and tell him "there must be something you can do; try it."
  11. I had to switch around Fuuka's and Aigis' social links at the very end as following the guide left me one event short of maxing Fuuka's link. I changed it to meet with Fuuka instead of Aigis on 1/23, which meant I got a Fuuka date event on 1/24 (where I gave her the Brand Wallet gift, not sure if totally needed), and then I was able to max Fuuka on 1/25. I then finished Aigis on 1/26-1/28 and got the trophy for maxing all social links. This also still gives you just barely enough time to start the fusion for Aigis' ultimate weapon as that 1) takes two days and 2) requires Metatron, whom you can't fuse until you finish Aigis' link. You then have that Friday and Saturday on 1/29 and 1/30 free for whatever, including more time with Fuuka if still needed.
Edited by Brunkpryzak
additional info after beating game
  • Like 4

23 hours ago, TheCed said:

Is it safe to assume that someone is working for a platinum Walkthrough right now ?

Tried the Powerpyx one but somehow I don't get the Social Link Rank ups at they same time they did.

most times that means you did not have a matching arcana when hanging out with someone 

22 hours ago, Brunkpryzak said:

The PowerPyx guide is OK but there are definitely some issues with it. It makes some assumptions about your game knowledge and doesn't explicitly spell out a few things. Here are some notes from my attempt to use it and some areas I ran into trouble...I'm currently in September so there could be other problems later on.

1. Somewhere across the 4/24 and 5/4 Tartarus trips, you really need to grind levels and cash as you do not go to Tartarus again until 5/31. You need a good chunk of change to get through the prerequisites for the Devil social link, to pay for all the arcade games to boost your social stats, and to be able to summon personas for other social links. Ballparking this I'd say it's around 50k, not including any money you want to use for gear upgrades. You also need to be at least level 11 to summon Valkyrie.

150k yen is what I would suggest. Devil arcana requires 40k just to start it. 50k wouldn't be anywhere near enough.

3 hours ago, Valyrious said:

150k yen is what I would suggest. Devil arcana requires 40k just to start it. 50k wouldn't be anywhere near enough.

The 50k number I had put is specifically in relation to the day-to-day schedule laid out in the PowerPyx guide in which, between the guide's recommended Tartarus trips on 5/4 and 5/31, you only need to give the initial 20k towards the Devil social link, not the full 40k. I know my phrasing suggested you needed all of it right then though. At any rate, even factoring that 20k out, you do probably need closer to 75k-100k as you're really spamming the Game Parade during that period, so I'll mention that.

1 hour ago, hybridhero102 said:

I hope there's platinum walkthrough in the works, I tried the powerpyx one too but there's too many inconsistencies and some RNG events aren't explained properly so you very easily go off schedule. the guides too incomplete to guide you properly to the platinum. 

You don't need to go full precise the guide lets you plenty of days with free time.

Of course you need to fulfill the red flags for links but thats all

I don't know if Social Butterfly is bugged or not but I just got it so I figured I'd post some stats from my game. Maybe there are specific circumstances or order of events or something that make the trophy not pop? 

• NA version
  • On PS5 entire time
  • First run / not NG+
  • Female MC
  • Last social link was Empress
  • Finished on 28th of last month in game

10 hours ago, XiraRai said:

I don't know if Social Butterfly is bugged or not but I just got it so I figured I'd post some stats from my game. Maybe there are specific circumstances or order of events or something that make the trophy not pop? 

• NA version
  • On PS5 entire time
  • First run / not NG+
  • Female MC
  • Last social link was Empress
  • Finished on 28th of last month in game

I'll keep this in mind. Were you following KADFC's walkthrough? Thats what I'm doing and it seems empress being the last on the 28th will be happening

4 hours ago, monoplist said:

I'll keep this in mind. Were you following KADFC's walkthrough? Thats what I'm doing and it seems empress being the last on the 28th will be happening

Yes I used the 2010 guide by KADFC and it was super helpful! Some of the social links / stat ups didn't happen exactly when the guide said they would, but there was enough wiggle room to max everything with some time to spare. 

• Like 1

Can somebody tell if it's bad if I missed one of Elizabeth's  requests? After 13 hours I realised I missed to get pine resin :(. But I can't see a trophy where the requests are important. On the other hand, the trophy guide tells us how to get everything so I was wondering if I missed something important. Thanks

1 hour ago, post_exodus said:

Can somebody tell if it's bad if I missed one of Elizabeth's  requests? After 13 hours I realised I missed to get pine resin :(. But I can't see a trophy where the requests are important. On the other hand, the trophy guide tells us how to get everything so I was wondering if I missed something important. Thanks

That doesn't matter. Only requests that matter are the ones that unlock fusion recipes you need for 100% compendium. And those are only the fusion requests where you need to make a spesific persona, and the date requests where you go on a date with Elizabeth/Theo. 

So, I guess we don't know if any good soul is working on 100% extensive walkthrough guide like there is for P4 and P5? 

I never played P3 before and I wanted to do 2 playthroughs, one blind and one with other MC+extensive day-by-day guide. I am still working on P4G, is it good idea to just put P3 back and wait for the guide? 

7 minutes ago, ArtMontef said:

So, I guess we don't know if any good soul is working on 100% extensive walkthrough guide like there is for P4 and P5? 

I never played P3 before and I wanted to do 2 playthroughs, one blind and one with other MC+extensive day-by-day guide. I am still working on P4G, is it good idea to just put P3 back and wait for the guide? 

I did the first playtrough completely blind, and then the second one with female protagonist using this guide. I don't really see the need for any trophy spesific new guide, when this one works just fine. Also, since this is a first run guide, if you follow it on NG+, you can of course skip the social stat increasing activities. 

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/psp/971508-shin-megami-tensei-persona-3-portable/faqs/60439

20 minutes ago, FruityDream said:

I did the first playtrough completely blind, and then the second one with female protagonist using this guide. I don't really see the need for any trophy spesific new guide, when this one works just fine. Also, since this is a first run guide, if you follow it on NG+, you can of course skip the social stat increasing activities. 

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/psp/971508-shin-megami-tensei-persona-3-portable/faqs/60439

did you not have any issues unlocking any trophies? what system did you play on? might be the NA version thats bugged as you did EU

Edited by I-SilentEcho-I

2 hours ago, I-SilentEcho-I said:

did you not have any issues unlocking any trophies? what system did you play on? might be the NA version thats bugged as you did EU

Every trophy unlocked perfectly with no issues(Still have Margaret and Elizabeth to do though). And I played the EU version on PS5. 

• Like 1

I was able to get Social Butterfly OK while following the PowerPyx guide with a number of small adjustments (collected in my post upthread). Played on PS4, New Game as male protagonist, NA version, finished on 1/28 with Aeon as the last social link. I did not let the console enter rest mode at any point; I saw discussion somewhere else about this causing issues in other games so I decided to avoid it given there were reports of trophy bugs in this game already.

finished my second playthrough with every social link maxed except for 1 that was 9/10 because yukari was only available for about 2 days in december, so i couldn't finish mitsuru, aegis and yukari... one always finished 9/10 with 0 wasted days in january. 

i want to die 

14 hours ago, iceclouudd said:

finished my second playthrough with every social link maxed except for 1 that was 9/10 because yukari was only available for about 2 days in december, so i couldn't finish mitsuru, aegis and yukari... one always finished 9/10 with 0 wasted days in january. 

i want to die 

Though that sounds very annoying, I would argue what happened to me could be even more unfortunate. I didn't know that Paradigm Door rewards would only be awarded once per savefile, so I did most of them on my first playtrough without going for secret bosses. Now I don't have an easy way to get fusion spells needed for Margaret and Elizabeth, so I have to farm loads of gems in Tartarus to be able to buy them from the Antique store.

Now I've been grinding Tartarus for few evenings and have gotten only half the amount of things I still need. I recommend everyone to read the Margaret and Elizabeth boss guides carefully to avoid this grind. 

Edited by FruityDream
spelling mistakes

Due to the length of the game and the multiple playthroughs required I‘ve been waiting for an in depth trophy guide / walkthrough similar to the one I used for P5 that had a day by day planner making it very hard to miss anything. 
I’m planning to do P3P, P4G then P5R back to back this year, I just want it to be as stress free as possible 

• Like 1

On 2/5/2023 at 8:58 PM, I-SilentEcho-I said:

The Pair of Wild Cards trophy popped just fine for me on the NA version. Played entirely on PS5, never used rest mode.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, BENJAM1N_LINUS said:

Has anyone who uses rest mode got it without issue? This is the first I've heard of that causing potential trophy issues for things.... I need to use rest mode because I need to use remote play at work so that I can get through the day lmao

Ahh, a fellow IT guy I guess?  ; ) I'm in the same boat but fortunately I got home office!

Regarding your question, I guess the problem is not rest mode itself but leaving P3 in restmode and continueing from there. Just make sure you save and quit the game before turning on rest mode and it should be fine.

(anyone correct me if I'm wrong pls)

• Like 1