Best Guide to use for Trophy Hunting?

TheRealMasonJar

On 03/02/2023 at 0:12 AM, XiraRai said:

Yes I used the 2010 guide by KADFC and it was super helpful! Some of the social links / stat ups didn't happen exactly when the guide said they would, but there was enough wiggle room to max everything with some time to spare. 

I'm using KADFC's guide as well and it's working great. I'm a bit ahead in the social stats as I never rested before Tartarus, and also saved and resetted to prolong sick days to 4 days which the guide does not suggest. I was just wondering have you done the velvet room bosses yet? If so, what guide did you use and at what point in the walkthrough did you start preparing for them in terms of weapons, items, persona etc? I'm not sure when I needed to start doing it following this guide as it's pretty pack to the end.

1 minute ago, Lava_Yuki said:

I'm using KADFC's guide as well and it's working great. I'm a bit ahead in the social stats as I never rested before Tartarus, and also saved and resetted to prolong sick days to 4 days which the guide does not suggest. I was just wondering have you done the velvet room bosses yet? If so, what guide did you use and at what point in the walkthrough did you start preparing for them in terms of weapons, items, persona etc? I'm not sure when I needed to start doing it following this guide as it's pretty pack to the end.

You aren't asking me but I did do both velvet room bosses and followed this same guide. I started getting ready right at the beginning of January due to the large amount of free time the month has. I unlocked both extra doors on January 2nd as well as started making the ultimate weapons as soon as I started getting the required personas (and I was lucky enough to have enough of the nihil weapons from just playing normally) since they each take 2 days. You can get the persona for Mitsuru's weapon from Monad shuffle time but Aegis' you're gonna be waiting until January 27th as you need to max her link. Don't worry about money cuz you can get a lot from monad as well but do try to do all the bonus doors in Vision Quest early as you want to get the infinity and armageddon items from those, or farm the gems in taratus to exchange in the antique shop. Armageddon is needed for both bosses and infinity is needed for Theo/Elizabeth I ended up fighting both Margaret and Theo on the 30th cuz I was using Aegis for Margaret and You'll be able to fuse Orpheus Telos by that point cuz you need to max all social links. The KADFC guide does have the Telos build however I found their layout for the Margaret fight didn't line up so I just winged it with Helel's almighty damage and Telos' Thunder Reign inherited from Odin. If you need a guide for Theo/Elizabeth's fight PowerPyx's is actually fine to follow cuz it lays out his pattern, but you do have to get lucky with 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, monoplist said:

You aren't asking me but I did do both velvet room bosses and followed this same guide. I started getting ready right at the beginning of January due to the large amount of free time the month has. I unlocked both extra doors on January 2nd as well as started making the ultimate weapons as soon as I started getting the required personas (and I was lucky enough to have enough of the nihil weapons from just playing normally) since they each take 2 days. You can get the persona for Mitsuru's weapon from Monad shuffle time but Aegis' you're gonna be waiting until January 27th as you need to max her link. Don't worry about money cuz you can get a lot from monad as well but do try to do all the bonus doors in Vision Quest early as you want to get the infinity and armageddon items from those, or farm the gems in taratus to exchange in the antique shop. Armageddon is needed for both bosses and infinity is needed for Theo/Elizabeth I ended up fighting both Margaret and Theo on the 30th cuz I was using Aegis for Margaret and You'll be able to fuse Orpheus Telos by that point cuz you need to max all social links. The KADFC guide does have the Telos build however I found their layout for the Margaret fight didn't line up so I just winged it with Helel's almighty damage and Telos' Thunder Reign inherited from Odin. If you need a guide for Theo/Elizabeth's fight PowerPyx's is actually fine to follow cuz it lays out his pattern, but you do have to get lucky with 

Awesome thank you, that's super helpful! The bosses seem very difficult, I'm playing on the lowest difficulty. Did you use a different set of Personas for both of the fights by the way? Also how many trips to Tartarus did it take to get everything done, in terms of how many days should I ensure to have to run out of time?

4 minutes ago, Lava_Yuki said:

Awesome thank you, that's super helpful! The bosses seem very difficult, I'm playing on the lowest difficulty. Did you use a different set of Personas for both of the fights by the way? Also how many trips to Tartarus did it take to get everything done, in terms of how many days should I ensure to have to run out of time?

No I used the same persona's for both fights and I also played on the lowest. Theo/Elisabeth I only used Telos and Margaret I used Helel and Telos. Both were fully maxed in stats which you're probably gonna need to farm gems for to exchange for cards at the antique shop, I had enough to max my Helel without buying but I had to buy 10 of each +4 card for Telos. Cuz I'm a hoarder I had a lot of stuff I needed just lying around but I was probably going to tartarus every other night unless my characters were tired, to get everyone to max level and get all my required materials. I was at the top of tartarus at the first possible day it was allowed as well, which you're gonna be doing anyway following the guide. If you're gonna farm materials for card and item trades then don't bring who you want to use for Margaret so they aren't tired. Monad is a gonna be your go to leveling spot, its 10 floors and you can get massive exp from the level 10 wands. Make sure you get some Growth 3 cards copied cuz you're gonna be needing to get heart items from high level personas. Messiah gives you all the best body and leg armor for everyone but its random what you get while Alilat gives divine pillars but she's the max social link persona from Mitsuru's so that'll be your last thing. And for and even easier time with that make sure you put them in the compendium when they are close to level up, like a couple thousand exp or less, so that way you can just get items faster after you re buy them.

Probably my biggest advice would be to have a save in tartarus before the final few days, preferably on a day where its unstable so you can hunt around the floors for increase increased item drop rate bonuses, so that way if you don't have enough materials to exchange for what you want you can grind some more. I couldn't get the infinity reward to drop from vision quest so I had to buy my 10 and I had to farm about 40 pieces of onyx to buy my remaining stat cards using this method. The Armageddon is easy to get, so you shouldn't have to buy it but if you do its gonna costly you 99 malachite and 10 rubies. If you start on January 2nd or 3rd, you'll have more than enough time to get all the weapons, armor, items and leveling done. I had everyone's weapons except for Aegis done before I maxed out all social links. And again, you cannot fuse Telos until all social links are maxed so the earliest day you can fuse him is on January 28th and you have to go into the velvet room manually.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Lava_Yuki said:

Just gonna jump in here with my experience but monoplist did a great job summing it up.

I also used KADFC's guide for my Telos build and for the Margaret fight since I gave me an idea for what to expect but I mostly winged it. Once the first phase with the physical attacks was done I just kept spamming thunder reign and getting crits with the other party members whenever possible. If there was another phase in the fight I didn't notice lol

For theo/elizabeth I used https://www.powerpyx.com/persona-3-portable-elizabeth-theodore-boss-guide/ to prep. 

I don't know if I just wasn't paying enough attention or suck at following instructions but I noticed some discrepancies between the powerpxy guide and what happened for me.

For starters, I had to use THOR, Odin, and Scathach to get Telos. When I tried using Nidhogger it didn't show that it would result in Telos... My Telos didn't have fully maxed out stats and I also didn't use a persona with all the auto skills, I got too lazy to prep for it too lol

Worst of all, and this may just be me failing at counting turns, but I found that using thunder reign during turn 7 didn't work and I ended up having to use that turn to heal or do something else. I was fighting THEO though and maybe he uses different persona than Elizabeth? Did anyone else notice this or do I just fail at counting lol

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, XiraRai said:

Just gonna jump in here with my experience but monoplist did a great job summing it up.

I also used KADFC's guide for my Telos build and for the Margaret fight since I gave me an idea for what to expect but I mostly winged it. Once the first phase with the physical attacks was done I just kept spamming thunder reign and getting crits with the other party members whenever possible. If there was another phase in the fight I didn't notice lol

For theo/elizabeth I used https://www.powerpyx.com/persona-3-portable-elizabeth-theodore-boss-guide/ to prep. 

I don't know if I just wasn't paying enough attention or suck at following instructions but I noticed some discrepancies between the powerpxy guide and what happened for me.

For starters, I had to use THOR, Odin, and Scathach to get Telos. When I tried using Nidhogger it didn't show that it would result in Telos... My Telos didn't have fully maxed out stats and I also didn't use a persona with all the auto skills, I got too lazy to prep for it too lol

Worst of all, and this may just be me failing at counting turns, but I found that using thunder reign during turn 7 didn't work and I ended up having to use that turn to heal or do something else. I was fighting THEO though and maybe he uses different persona than Elizabeth? Did anyone else notice this or do I just fail at counting lol

If I may ask, how were the levels for those personas distributed? I'm fairly certain who is the highest matters. I used Odin, Scathach and Nidhogger and Odin was the highest level which allowed me to have stats relatively high. I also didn't find thunder reign to work on the 7th turn so it was either a block or healed. And the mind charge didn't help either cuz when it looped back to the first turn he was immune to electricity. It was still a rather consistent guide to follow outside of that I feel, but having to rely on counter luck was pretty bad. I almost ran out of infinities before I got his health low enough to use the armageddon.

1 minute ago, monoplist said:

If I may ask, how were the levels for those personas distributed? I'm fairly certain who is the highest matters. I used Odin, Scathach and Nidhogger and Odin was the highest level which allowed me to have stats relatively high. I also didn't find thunder reign to work on the 7th turn so it was either a block or healed. And the mind charge didn't help either cuz when it looped back to the first turn he was immune to electricity. It was still a rather consistent guide to follow outside of that I feel, but having to rely on counter luck was pretty bad. I almost ran out of infinities before I got his health low enough to use the armageddon.

I don't remember what the levels were. Do you get a different fusion using the same persona if they're different levels??

On another note: during one of my theo attempts I had the worst luck and during one turn I countered the first of this two attacks which brought him below 10,000 and he immediately healed during his second "attack" of that turn. At that point it was a lost cause since I was almost out of infinite items and had to restart orz

Do I just have terrible luck or do you have to get him below 10,000 on the second of his attacks during his turn to give yourself a change to finish him before he heals?

19 minutes ago, XiraRai said:

I don't remember what the levels were. Do you get a different fusion using the same persona if they're different levels??

On another note: during one of my theo attempts I had the worst luck and during one turn I countered the first of this two attacks which brought him below 10,000 and he immediately healed during his second "attack" of that turn. At that point it was a lost cause since I was almost out of infinite items and had to restart orz

Do I just have terrible luck or do you have to get him below 10,000 on the second of his attacks during his turn to give yourself a change to finish him before he heals?

It does seem like levels matter, cuz when I was following fuison calculators I ran into a lot of ones that didn't work but should and the only differences were the levels. And thats just some bad luck for you I think. On the attempt I won, which was like my 4th cuz I miscalculated damage on two different runs and he rehealed, high counter would not activate on any turn except for the ones where he was immune to it. I got lucky cuz he was sitting at somewhere around 10,500 hp so he had to hit me twice to get low enough and it happened.  Probably do need his turn to end once he hits himself below 10,000

Edited by monoplist
forgot an explanation

6 hours ago, post_exodus said:

Ahh, a fellow IT guy I guess?  ; ) I'm in the same boat but fortunately I got home office!

Regarding your question, I guess the problem is not rest mode itself but leaving P3 in restmode and continueing from there. Just make sure you save and quit the game before turning on rest mode and it should be fine.

(anyone correct me if I'm wrong pls)

Ah, that makes more sense. That obviously wouldn't be any issue then

10 hours ago, XiraRai said:

I was fighting THEO though and maybe he uses different persona than Elizabeth? Did anyone else notice this or do I just fail at counting lol

Theo definitely does use different personas than Elizabeth. I noticed that Telos with Thunder Reign was very bad against him, since he has so many personas that block, or even absorb electric. It was much better to make a Telos with ice skills instead. 

Margaret boss on the other hand was quite easy IMHO. I didn't have the best weapons or gear for my party. Only MC and Yukari had their best weapons, only MC had the best armors and Divine Pillar. Still there was no point in the fight Margaret got even close of killing any of my party members. Margaret I won on the first try, Theo needed four tries because I failed to count the turns properly, and first tried with a bad build(needed Niflheim instead of Thunder Reign). 

• Like 1

On 2/10/2023 at 4:42 AM, FruityDream said:

Theo definitely does use different personas than Elizabeth. I noticed that Telos with Thunder Reign was very bad against him, since he has so many personas that block, or even absorb electric. It was much better to make a Telos with ice skills instead.

The actual Personas Theo uses are different, but the affinities are the same.

Whether you use Ice or Electricity or any element specific build, Liz/Theo will have one Persona that nulls/drains that element, 2 that null all elements, and one that nulls everything except Almighty. The ideal strategy is to use Mind Charge on the one you can't hit with that element plus after blocking Megidolaon, and physical attacks during the light/dark rounds.

Is there anyone who concretely know how to get Infinity x10 from Fortune&Strength Door? I know getting killed by the Wheel is a criteria but can't get any for days. I even beat Margaret during these days, but without infinity x10 I can't get Elizabeth... ( I am on 31/1 inside, have all other trophies except Elizabeth and the "Both characters" NG+ trophy. So, no I can't get out to grind material and trade from shop)

Powerpyx's guide is a rare poor work from their collection, as they failed to mention a lot of essential things in their guide, which doubles the time spent. They spent a lot of time but still failed to figure out why some trophies are missing, have most of the sub-guides poorly written, and withdraw the promise to give female character guide. I guess they would not do this game if they could choose again. I appreciate their other work as I enjoy their output for free for a long time, but this is a really poor work which missed many essential points and misguided many players.

Update: Finally did it:

Direct video link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7ic4B8jg7A

Edited by R_vNistelrooy
supplementary information
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/9/2023 at 2:47 PM, XiraRai said:

Yeah, the guide on PowerPyx's side has several issues, counting the male route which is why I didn't use it.

Got all trophies but the second playthrough (FemMC). Going to do that now and basically rush through everything. Can I get the trophy unlock by doing the bad ending at the end of December or do you have to get the true ending? Some advice would be appreciated!

12 hours ago, Valyrious said:

Got all trophies but the second playthrough (FemMC). Going to do that now and basically rush through everything. Can I get the trophy unlock by doing the bad ending at the end of December or do you have to get the true ending? Some advice would be appreciated!

I did my first run as the male protag with the True Ending, then my NG+ run as FeMC with the Bad Ending. Trophy unlocked fine for me, and I never had to reload to try again or anything.

I played it on my PS4 though, instead of on my PS5, just in case. I’ve heard conflicting reports about that trophy, so I’m not sure if that’s a factor or not?

• Like 1

11 hours ago, ObsiEez said:

Not Slime, but I'm one of the other authors working on the guide. Sadly the guide is taking us a lot longer than we anticipated because it's an absolutely MASSIVE guide (two full schedule walkthroughs & all the information you could ever possibly want/need about the game since we're going deep into the details of what you should be doing unlike the other P3P guides out currently). We won't set a "goal" of when it'll be finished as we don't want to not meet it (again), but we're trying to get it out ASAP

Thanks for the update, it's very much appreciated.

Also thanks for all the time and effort you're all putting into this guide/walkthrough, it sounds like it's going to be awesome! 

• Like 1

On 3/1/2023 at 0:44 PM, SmileSlice said:

I did my first run as the male protag with the True Ending, then my NG+ run as FeMC with the Bad Ending. Trophy unlocked fine for me, and I never had to reload to try again or anything.

I played it on my PS4 though, instead of on my PS5, just in case. I’ve heard conflicting reports about that trophy, so I’m not sure if that’s a factor or not?

I was able to successfully get it with no issues on PS5. I did retrieve all the old documents from Tartarus, which took a bit longer than it otherwise would have. Not even sure if that's necessary for the bad ending, but did it anyway. Still doesn't take long when you're max level with Messiah equipped and split the party to find the stairs for every floor.

Now we wait for the Persona 3 remake.

• Like 1

About maxing stats for personas, would the rewards from the vision quest doors be enough to max telos stats? You get the stat cards from the power/strength/speed/endurance doors. Rather than grinding gems? Or do I also need to grind gems as I only have 20 Onyx.
Where can I farm these

how many cards do I need to max out the stats of Telos and Helel? 

for Helel I have maxed out strength and magic from just arcade and its level 99. The rest of the stats are not maxed though.

Im on Jan 15th so have yet to make Telos.

I don’t want to leave it too late and then not be able to get more materials and trade in for stat boost cards. 

On 3/5/2023 at 4:04 PM, Lava_Yuki said:

About maxing stats for personas, would the rewards from the vision quest doors be enough to max telos stats? You get the stat cards from the power/strength/speed/endurance doors. Rather than grinding gems? Or do I also need to grind gems as I only have 20 Onyx.
Where can I farm these

how many cards do I need to max out the stats of Telos and Helel? 

for Helel I have maxed out strength and magic from just arcade and its level 99. The rest of the stats are not maxed though.

Im on Jan 15th so have yet to make Telos.

I don’t want to leave it too late and then not be able to get more materials and trade in for stat boost cards. 

I managed to max every single stat for Telos just by using the cards I got from Mitsuru for placing top 10/1st in the quizzes & that was more than enough. As for Helel, I never even bothered raising his stats & just leveled him up enough to get Salvation & called it a day. I never once bought anything other than homunculus, the ultimate weapons, & the 1 item needed for a request, from the Antique store. Just playing on Beginner makes both Margaret & Elizabeth easy as long as you go in with the right set up already, getting them to max stats certainly is over kill. If you don't want to drop it down to Beginner, then maxing their stats might be a little more beneficial, but only marginally, so it isn't much to worry about

I managed to beat both Marg and Theo using the powerpyx guides on first go each, expect I used a different guide for what moves to use against Theo as the powerpyx one did not work, since it says uses thunder reign even against the personas where electric is blocked, or at least it was confusingly written and made me mess up one turn where the attack was blocked. I played on beginner mode, but you cannot use the revives in these battles anyway. 

I did end up having butt loads of cards, jewels and skill cards left over, so I just maxed a few other personas I liked, like Lucifer, Odin and Siegfried, and used my good skill cards I had to register them and breeze through NG+. Pity consumables, gifts and skill cards don't carry over, I had so much healing items, infinity spells, Homunculus and Armageddons unused. I sold most of them, and used some of the remaining armageddons against the final boss fights, but with the best weapons and my party all level 99 the final boss got it's butt kicked. 

I am already 80 hours, so am just going to speed through to the bad end, only doing the new social links that were different from the female MC, and the girls to romance, as I'm getting tired of this now, especially as all my gems and skill cards don't carry over I can't be bothered to do more than that.

• 3 weeks later...

I have one problem with the 100% guide. It doesn't give a date for completing the Justice Arcana for the Female MC. I might have just missed it, but I did a crtl+f search for "Justice Arcana Rank MAX" and it only showed up in the Male MC part of the walkthrough.