Monster Hunter Rise trophy thoughts

MidnightDragon

On 8/2/2023 at 5:58 AM, PraiseTheFluppi said:

Interesting, for me it's the complete opposite - I find this game to be a lot easier than World/Iceborne. Most monsters die in about 5-10 minutes without carting once. The exceptions are the monsters in the event quests and Magnamalo in HR ?

But then again I'm a freak and played the older games for several 100 hours, and they were merciless. The new games feel like a cakewalk to me in comparison. I hope the older PSP games (Monster Hunter Freedom and Freedom Unite) get added as PS Plus Premium games one day, so newer players can get a taste of the unforgiving nature the game once had! :D (hot and cold drinks; paintballs; constant honey, ivy, well-done steak, whetstone, thunderbug and flashbug shortage; no way to change a weapon during a quests etc.)

IMO the big difference is no claw for weakening the monster, that killed iceborne for me, especially as an ig and bow user. This feels so much better, easier and faster.

Have 200 hours in (according to game)

Only missing 4 more gold crowns (2 small and 2 large) and I’m down with the crowns. Had a good group to help with doing the crowns. Imo easier to grind for crowns in this game for me since load times are non-existent, and the game isn’t as hard as World/Iceborne. The 1000 monster hints will take a while, only at 610 atm. I would say it would take me 300 hour mark for this game.

On 12/02/2023 at 7:43 PM, victorrfuego said:

Have 200 hours in (according to game)

Only missing 4 more gold crowns (2 small and 2 large) and I’m down with the crowns. Had a good group to help with doing the crowns. Imo easier to grind for crowns in this game for me since load times are non-existent, and the game isn’t as hard as World/Iceborne. The 1000 monster hints will take a while, only at 610 atm. I would say it would take me 300 hour mark for this game.

Omg that’s good going! How are you so fast with the crowns!!? I’m on 800+ kills and still have 19 crowns to get? 

3 hours ago, smudgedhorizon said:

Omg that’s good going! How are you so fast with the crowns!!? I’m on 800+ kills and still have 19 crowns to get1f62d.png 

Finished the crowns the other day, still some grinding to do with the 1000 monsters and 50 rampages! I had a team going for different crowns at the same time, we would measure it, and call each other to join if they think it’s a crown. It was an efficient method.  Solo would ofc take longer, but this was the same thing I did for World/Iceborne

• Like 1

7 hours ago, victorrfuego said:

Finished the crowns the other day, still some grinding to do with the 1000 monsters and 50 rampages! I had a team going for different crowns at the same time, we would measure it, and call each other to join if they think it’s a crown. It was an efficient method.  Solo would ofc take longer, but this was the same thing I did for World/Iceborne

Oooh that’s genius! I’m doing it solo so it’s slow going. Congrats on getting them all! The 50 rampages is awful, I’ve not done that yet either. I keep forcing myself to complete one every now and then to chip away at it.

• Like 1

On 1/19/2023 at 4:39 AM, Xylobe said:

There's a crown hunting guide on Steam that indicates they're significantly more common in Sunbreak. That sounds to me like a great reason to wait until that's out.

They're far more common in SB. I recently completed all achievements in the switch version across base and SB (approx. 600 hours of play in total.)

I can't remember the exact numbers off the top of my head, but Sunbreak crown rates are something like 10% for large crowns, 6% for small. It's in that ballpark. I believe the percentages for base rise were half of that, give or take.

I won't be tackling Rise all over again just for the trophies, but good luck to anybody else going for it! Rise is a great one.

Also, friendly heads up to all; start tackling the Lottery trinkets as soon as you can. It's a whole bunch of RNG layered in RNG, so if you don't try to snag most of them gradually across your playtime you'll end up kicking yourself in the rear like I did towards the end of my time with SB where I was grinding quests just for the chance.

It's random if you get a Shop lottery event after a completed quest, and random on top of that whether or not you get a trinket from it, and there are quite a few across base + SB. So, if you see a lottery event occuring, don't ignore it!!

Edited by XCKingBrent
  • Like 2