Not Enjoyable

poetic_justice_

Multiple sources describe Tina's Toy Factory as an "easy, 2/10, 2-3 hour platinum." I did not find this to be the case. Most of the trophies come naturally, but this does not qualify the entire game as 2/10. Two trophies in particular are troublesome: Speed Demon (a timed trophy) and Moves to Spare.

Speed Demon is very RNG-dependent and requires multiple restarts. Even with a high skill level (I am below average at match-3 games), this trophy is like juggling plates. One wrong move can make the whole attempt fail, and there is little margin for error. After attempts on eleven different timed levels (11, 13, 15, 17, 19, 21, 31, 33, 35, 40, and 48), I think they are all crap, though some are crappier than others. Level 15 has the least amount of obstacle blocks and the most "extra" time granted for joining toy parts. This doesn't mean level 15 is good, it's just the least stinky turd on the pile.

I completed Moves to Spare on level 45. As someone else noted, higher levels provide more moves. It was less frustrating for me on level 45 than lower levels. The successful attempt also had a coincidental near-perfect arrangement of blocks. None of my previous attempts came close to having more than two blocks of the same color in the bottom two rows.

The hidden trophy for building the locomotive (All Aboard!) is accomplished by finishing level 31. I recommend connecting a second controller while playing in order to switch the game into local multiplayer mode. Multiplayer removes the timers and "number of moves" restraints, allowing you to play each level without stress until completing the level's objective. Speed Demon and Moves to Spare must be completed in single-player, but completing level 31 is much, much easier in local multiplayer mode.

I don't recommend Tina's Toy Factory for "easy" trophies. As a match-3 game, it's fine, but the Speed Demon and Moves to Spare trophies subtract whatever enjoyment Tina's Toy Factory has to offer. 

Edited by poetic_justice_

• 1 month later...

@SuzyRed, I am glad you enjoyed Tina's Toy Factory, and your philosophy is a healthy one. As I said, as a match-3 game, it's fine, but two of the trophies are problematic.

To be objective, you have not earned any of the three trophies I mentioned. Perhaps you could earn them and then post how you feel about Tina's Toy Factory? All Aboard! is obtained by completing level 31, so of the 100 levels in the game, you are making a statement based on playing less than one-third of the game.

Also, in terms of time, the last trophy you earned was in 2017. Since 2017 was roughly five years ago, was the last time you played Tina's Toy Factory? Nostalgia can give us rose-colored glasses that tint past experiences more favorably than they actually were. This has happened to me with the Assassin's Creed series. I remember only the positive highlights and forget how boring and tedious the overall experience was.

I think you are keeping the main thing the main thing, which is staying healthy and playing games primarily for enjoyment, not trophies. This is the most important thing. However, since PSNProfiles is largely a trophy site, I am warning other players that, per my experience, Tina's Toy Factory is not enjoyable in regards to 100% trophy completion. All the best to you.

• Like 2