Endless loading screen while creating a lobby

LifeIsSenseless

Anybody else always getting an endless loading screen when you try to create a lobby for multiplayer? I'm getting into the multiplayer menu, but I can't create a game! Neither is it possible to find games (maybe because nobody is able to create one :D).

Hopefully this is just temporary, I'm nearly done with the MP trophies!

Life

Please let the devs know that we care!

https://discussions.ubisoft.com/topic/158271/far-cry-2-servers-down-for-xbox360-ps3-other-platforms-post-here/195?isSso=true&connectSsoId=tSqYG2WKF8%2Fe%2FhpE1Poxcco3YwqWcOUHbB3Tc7ZZ6Ow%3D&refreshStatus=ok

Spam if you must, the more the merrier!

I boost this game for a long time and saw the servers get down and up again a couple of times, so let us speak up so we can finish what we started here ;)!

Ubisoft games seem to have an issue with conflicting netcodes across platforms. Recently the Xbox 360 servers were restored and this is around the time ps3 reported having problems again. It doesn't take an expert to see what has happened here. Restoring one version has broken the other. 

Always wondering why everybody needs to open new threads for subjects that are already discussed in already open threads....and of course we can't know what they are really doing right now. But you can participate in the discussion, say your piece (please without insulting them, because that gets us nowhere) and that way let them know we all care about the servers:

https://discussions.ubisoft.com/topic/158271/far-cry-2-servers-down-for-xbox360-ps3-other-platforms-post-here/201?isSso=true&refreshStatus=ssoError&lang=en-US&page=11

Not going to get much sympathy for crying and whining about server issues for a game that’s on a console TWO generations back, and the company has kept online service open for 15 years!! 
George W. Bush was in the White House when this game came out. :facepalm: For the majority of people here, you’ve had a third, to half your life to clean up the trophies in this game.

Still you take your time stating obvious and for this thread MEANINGLESS facts...Ubisoft hasn't officially closed the servers and they "fixed" them time and time again! They especially didn't include the game in the server closure wave last year...so just save yourself the free time posting something like "it's old, deal with it"....and who is crying? We just collect the present state of the game and give each other information what is happening and what we can do...a lot more useful than your posts I guess.

• Like 1

As already posted on TA forums by Vudix, Ubisoft have promised a warning before shutdown on this game, but they also warned it is coming soon so get it done. This game also has issues with conflicting versions, ie restoring the Xbox 360 version took down the ps3 version and vice versa. On Xbox 360 it is working fine again now (I finished my boost 2 weeks ago and have been helping people finish theirs with my alts), but its broken again on ps3. Put 2 and 2 together. 

Edited by ResiGamer_28
Extra detail

Just now, ResiGamer_28 said:

As already posted on TA, Ubisoft have promised a warning before shutdown on this game, but they also warned it is coming soon so get it done. This game also has issues with conflicting versions, ie restoring the Xbox 360 version took down the ps3 version and vice versa. On Xbox 360 it is working fine again now (I finished my boost 2 weeks ago and have been helping people finish theirs with my alts), but its broken again on ps3. Put 2 and 2 together. 

Woah, come again - the devs have confirmed an imminent shutdown? Do you have a link to that post please?

30 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

Woah, come again - the devs have confirmed an imminent shutdown? Do you have a link to that post please?

It wasn't an announcement it was more the moderator on TA has had a direct discussion with Ubisoft and thats what they said. I'll link the forum you can read through it. 

https://www.trueachievements.com/forum/viewthread.aspx?tid=1325639&anchor=10892572#m10892572

Vudix is the comments you are looking for. Hes pretty spot on with stuff like this, he warned about an upcoming shutdown for medal of honor, 1 month before EA then announced it. So if he says its shutting down soon, its shutting down. 

• Like 1

The server of FC2 ps3 was down 3 times by the past and Ubisoft fixed this but its long, you need to be patient guys, 0 shutdown are announced for that and Ubisoft didn't add this one server shutdown like all others games so stop to invent story for nothing 

12 minutes ago, Fulciboy said:

The server of FC2 ps3 was down 3 times by the past and Ubisoft fixed this but its long, you need to be patient guys, 0 shutdown are announced for that and Ubisoft didn't add this one server shutdown like all others games so stop to invent story for nothing 

No inventing story, try reading the link i shared before making accusations thanks. 

It was detailed very clearly whats going on. A shutdown announcement is coming SOON. I did not say it had been announced already 

3 hours ago, ResiGamer_28 said:

It wasn't an announcement it was more the moderator on TA has had a direct discussion with Ubisoft and thats what they said. I'll link the forum you can read through it. 

https://www.trueachievements.com/forum/viewthread.aspx?tid=1325639&anchor=10892572#m10892572

Vudix is the comments you are looking for. Hes pretty spot on with stuff like this, he warned about an upcoming shutdown for medal of honor, 1 month before EA then announced it. So if he says its shutting down soon, its shutting down. 

Thanks for the info. Vudix is legit and has a lot of industry contacts so if he says FC2's servers are for the chop soon, I believe him.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.

On 07/02/2023 at 4:21 PM, PerryToxteth said:

Not going to get much sympathy for crying and whining about server issues for a game that’s on a console TWO generations back, and the company has kept online service open for 15 years!! 
George W. Bush was in the White House when this game came out. :facepalm: For the majority of people here, you’ve had a third, to half your life to clean up the trophies in this game.

it's just the fact that people still buy the game today to make the trophies and that in the end the game doesn't work