Full crew trophy

giuliodea_97

Hi everyone, i read on the guide that in order to unlock the Full crew trophy you must romance with Triss.

I would very much prefer to Romance Yennefer, is there a way in which i can get the trophy to pop without having to tell Triss that i love her?

I would want to avoid the fake threesome finale, so romancing them both is not really an option.

Thank you all in advance for the replies

To be 100% sure that Triss will be in Kaer Morhen for Full Crew, you really need to tell her youlove her.  If you romance Yennefer, she MAY bring Triss with her, but not necessarily guaranteed.  If you don't have everyone present you will need to replay the game or have a save file handy.  

On a different platform, I romanced Yennefer and Triss was not present, so missed the trophy.

Edited by DJ__Beatroot
  • Like 4

2 minutes ago, Taliesin_2943 said:

I'll never really understand why people would choose yenn the whole romance in the story is because there was a spell cast on them there was no true live like with him and triss and tennis kind of borderline evil but to each their own lol

Probably because canonically, as written in the books, Geralt loves Yennefer, and considers Triss to be a friend.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Taliesin_2943 said:

I'll never really understand why people would choose yenn the whole romance in the story is because there was a spell cast on them there was no true live like with him and triss and tennis kind of borderline evil but to each their own lol

This isn't strictly true, within the quest "The Last Wish" they explain that Geralt asks the Djinn to "bind them together forever" because of his feelings for her. When you finish the quest they both confirm that they don't feel any different about each other and that they both love each other. Pretty much confirming that it was real love after all, the wish just made it so they couldn't stay away from each other and for one reason or another they would always bump into each other. Djinn are known for twisting the words of the wishes but in this case it probably helped as they are both too busy travelling and going off on adventures (especially Geralt) that there was a high chance they would leave each other and never see each other again.

In fact they go into a bit more detail in the books and its suggested that the Djinn has no real reason to torture Geralt as he hasnt done anything wrong, it was all Yenn. By granting Geralt his wish how he wanted it tortures Yenn, Yenn not knowing that her love is true because of the wish when in reality all it was doing was making sure they didnt drift apart.

Edited by Silocia
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, DJ__Beatroot said:

To be 100% sure that Triss will be in Kaer Morhen for Full Crew, you really need to tell her youlove her.  If you romance Yennefer, she MAY bring Triss with her, but not necessarily guaranteed.  If you don't have everyone present you will need to replay the game or have a save file handy.  

On a different platform, I romanced Yennefer and Triss was not present, so missed the trophy.

On the ps4 version this was changed so you didn't have to romance Triss, i'd assume on the ps5 version its the same but not sure.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, sepheroithisgod said:

There's actually no way to miss Triss. You can let her get on the boat. No matter what happens, Yen calls her to come. She is hard-scripted into the battle of Kar Morhen.

This is good to know.  I was planning on starting The Witcher 3 on the PS5 so this makes it worry-free.

• Like 4

Triss is unmissable , whether you romance her or not. You should complete her quest but you do not have to say you love her in the end.

Yennefer will summon her for the battle. You don't have to see the scene where Triss doesn't embark on the ship. 

I can confirm this because I did it a couple days ago. 

Edited by ARIXANDRE
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Rocinathante said:

Probably because canonically, as written in the books, Geralt loves Yennefer, and considers Triss to be a friend.

Huh weird he acts kinda like he doesn't care for her much beyond a responsibility cause of ciri and he's pretty quick to take up with triss even before you start to actively romance her and geralt doesn't seem to have much real chemistry with yenn and as for tenn she constantly brushes off, uses, or throws shade at geralt do I don't see the "love" except in memory sequences a few times but those are more sexual less romance 

10 hours ago, ARIXANDRE said:

Triss is unmissable , whether you romance her or not. You should complete her quest but you do not have to say you love her in the end.

Yennefer will summon her for the battle. You don't have to see the scene where Triss doesn't embark on the ship. 

I can confirm this because I did it a couple days ago. 

Yea, Triss isnt required at all, she is unmissable just like Ciri, Yennefer, Lambert, Vesemir etc, think it's just a case of a misunderstanding of requirements.

The misunderstanding may come because the game gives you an objective to talk to Triss, Dijstra, Emhyr etc. However, the trophy works differently and doesn't pop from completing all the 'Brothers in Arms' objectives, but actually just recruiting all those that 'actually' help and are missable!

Emhyr, Crach, Cerys & Dijstra dont actually help which is why you dont even need to talk to them.

All that is required for Full Crew are the following, you literally don't need to talk to ANY of the others except for whoever is necessary to get to Hjalmar.

-- Zoltan.

-- Hjalmar (sorry I forget his name exactly).

-- Ermion.

-- Roche.

-- Kiera.

Same with the Witcher Contracts, misunderstanding on that as well as its believed 26 are needed, but its actually only 24! 

Edited by Optinooby
  • Like 1

• 3 months later...

Ok guys, sorry to revive this topic but i have now done the story romancing Yen and not Triss and i can absolutely confirm that this trophy pops no matter which one of the two you choose to romance.

So you can feel free to really enjoy the choice.

Cheers to everyone who replied.

Have a good day !

13 minutes ago, giuliodea_97 said:

Ok guys, sorry to revive this topic but i have now done the story romancing Yen and not Triss and i can absolutely confirm that this trophy pops no matter which one of the two you choose to romance.

So you can feel free to really enjoy the choice.

Cheers to everyone who replied.

Have a good day !

Happy to help and nice to see you finally got it. Congratulations!