Minecraft DLC packs???

SuchRemorse

6 minutes ago, SuchRemorse said:

Short and sweet... Are the DLC packs free?

Yep, every single trophy DLC pack is free! Most of them add trophies related to new features that were added through the development cycle of the game.

However, you might want to look into the multiplayer mini games trophies. Unless you purchased Minecraft digitally before a certain date or have access to a very specific physical version these trophies are unobtainable.

Edited by zin-hunter27

2 minutes ago, MRTheChez said:

Always have been, as long as you are talking about the trophy related ones.

Yes... That's what I'm talking about. Basically i'm asking if I can get all the trophies of all the dlc packs without spending another dime on the game.

1 minute ago, zin-hunter27 said:

Unless you purchased Minecraft digitally before a certain date or have access to a very specific physical version these trophies are unobtainable.

I have the disc version on ps3 and ps4... is that good or bad?

1 minute ago, SuchRemorse said:

Yes... That's what I'm talking about. Basically i'm asking if I can get all the trophies of all the dlc packs without spending another dime on the game.

I have the disc version on ps3 and ps4... is that good or bad?

Yep! For PS4 specifically you need the physical version that has Steve wearing a diamond armor inside a cave. If you have that one, you are good to go!

49 minutes ago, zin-hunter27 said:

Yep! For PS4 specifically you need the physical version that has Steve wearing a diamond armor inside a cave. If you have that one, you are good to go!

But don't you need other people to get the trophies? I remember trying to go for them before they removed it digitally and barely anyone was playing those games. I suppose boosting is an option but it doesn't seem like too many are interested in it. That's why I've held off on buying it :(

1 minute ago, Annoyingtiger888 said:

I remember trying to go for them before they removed it digitally and barely anyone was playing those games. I suppose boosting is an option but it doesn't seem like too many are interested in it. That's why I've held off on buying it

I thought they were free?? Didn't someone just say they are free? Or are you talking about the digital version?

7 minutes ago, Annoyingtiger888 said:

But don't you need other people to get the trophies? I remember trying to go for them before they removed it digitally and barely anyone was playing those games. I suppose boosting is an option but it doesn't seem like too many are interested in it. That's why I've held off on buying it :(

You need either a couple of alt accounts and some spare controllers or a couple of friends to get the MP trophies done on the PS3 or PS4 but for the Vita release, you need either 3 Vitas or 3 friends, because there's no splitscreen option in that version.

5 minutes ago, SuchRemorse said:

I thought they were free?? Didn't someone just say they are free? Or are you talking about the digital version?

All the trophy DLCs were patched in for free but the devs locked out the 2 MP DLCs in a dick move when the Bedrock update released for the PS4 and made it so only a specific subset of players can still access them.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.

13 minutes ago, Annoyingtiger888 said:

I mean, I got them fairly recently (you can check my profile) and there were still people playing those modes! I think I got every MP trophy within a day iirc!

13 minutes ago, SuchRemorse said:

Yes they are free, I have them, I only bought the physical version I told you before.

18 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

All the trophy DLCs were patched in for free but the devs locked out the 2 MP DLCs in a dick move when the Bedrock update released for the PS4 and made it so only a specific subset of players can still access them.

If I have the physical disc version of the game can I do it?

2 minutes ago, SuchRemorse said:

If I have the physical disc version of the game can I do it?

In theory yes but even having the OG retail disc is no guarantee of being able to access the MP so you may have to mess around with various exploits to get the requisite menu to appear.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.