12 Years After Platinuming MGS2 On The PS3…Decided To Do It Again On PSVita!

Kazduin

Beating VR missions on Vita will be an impressive achievement, based on what I've heard about controls in this version. Not to mention the rest. You're pretty good.

ocelot-youre-pretty-good.gif

8 hours ago, Kazduin said:

Wish me luck!

There is no such thing as luck on the battlefield.

Ok, that's enough references for one post.

Edited by Slava
  • Like 2

On 1/21/2023 at 11:37 PM, Slava said:

Beating VR missions on Vita will be an impressive achievement, based on what I've heard about controls in this version. Not to mention the rest. You're pretty good.

ocelot-youre-pretty-good.gif

There is no such thing as luck on the battlefield.

Ok, that's enough references for one post.

I just finished the rest of the VR Missions, I admittedly did some of them on PS3 using Transfarring (The PSG1 aiming is atrocious on Vita)

But yeah if I remember correctly the VR Missions were the hardest. I honestly love this game so much that replaying it so many times doesn’t bother me. The VR missions however I was never fond of. I won’t be surprised if I do the same thing for the Harrier fight on extreme. I remember that being really difficult too haha

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Kazduin said:

Update: The pilgrimage is complete and I have earned Extremely Solid once more :) It was fun doing it again and the difficulty made it very rewarding. I beat Solidus with a sliver of health left. 

I also forgot how much I hated sniping in this game especially in the VR missions. The Ray and Harrier fights were surprisingly easier than I remember 

Great job! I'm having a tough time just getting through the VR missions myself ?

On 1/23/2023 at 9:55 PM, Jeanoltt said:

Wait, you've created a time paradox!

But! But! I can't say goodbye to yesterday..

• Like 3

I know that some people will say it is blasphemy, but for me MGS2 is the best game I have ever played, I have thought a lot of times about platting it again on Vita, but doing the sniper VR missions on PSV sounds like something I dont want to do against my beautiful memories of this game... I miss MGS so bad...

Everyone: Good Luck!

OP: Thanks, but I already have quite enough of that.

• Like 4

10 hours ago, DeepEyes7 said:

I know that some people will say it is blasphemy, but for me MGS2 is the best game I have ever played, I have thought a lot of times about platting it again on Vita, but doing the sniper VR missions on PSV sounds like something I dont want to do against my beautiful memories of this game... I miss MGS so bad...

Everyone: Good Luck!

OP: Thanks, but I already have quite enough of that.

Hey Deepeyes7, good to hear from you.

I've watched many playthrus of MGS2, but I never quite understood the hype. I mean, I like the concepts of memes, information control, free will, etc. I Just think Kojima really jumped the shark by creating Líquido Ocelot; the environments can get a bit bland; Dead Cell doesnt hold a candle to the Fox Hound.

MGS1 is where it's at. xD I wish it was released as part of the PS classics.

Have you played MGSV? The story isnt nearly as good as MGS 1 to 3, but it's the peak of the series gameplay.

On 2/5/2023 at 8:19 AM, Clavietka said:

Hey Deepeyes7, good to hear from you.

I've watched many playthrus of MGS2, but I never quite understood the hype. I mean, I like the concepts of memes, information control, free will, etc. I Just think Kojima really jumped the shark by creating Líquido Ocelot; the environments can get a bit bland; Dead Cell doesnt hold a candle to the Fox Hound.

MGS1 is where it's at. xD I wish it was released as part of the PS classics.

Have you played MGSV? The story isnt nearly as good as MGS 1 to 3, but it's the peak of the series gameplay.

Hey man, how are you doing?

Kojima's stories are usually nuts, so it's better to not dwell too much into it, gameplay wise MGS2 took nearly everything of MGS1 and step it up, things like the tranquilizer gun or the enemies calling for back-up or being constantly accounted added a lot of gameplay tactics (I even liked Twin Snakes, the remake of MGS1 for NGC where they added a lot of this improvements on MGS1) and made the game richer as an stealth game.

Now, taking the game by nowadays standards is another thing, but playing this game on 2001 was amazing, and even on PS3 the graphics were better that half of the games there, and we are talking of a PS2 game.

I liked MGSV, gameplay and graphics were amazing, but I still think that we got half of the game that Kojima had planned, repeating half of the missions but harder weren't fun, and the story was lacking, thing were missing, the game should have been even greater but we know that things were cut, but Kojima probably would have took 10 more years releasing it...

MGS1 on PS Classics with trophy support... yes, please.

• Like 2

I'm about to start the Extreme run after doing the Hard run yesterday.  Beating 12 Rays felt frustrating but honestly once you get in a rhythm it's not nearly as bad(at least I hope this holds true on Extreme with 20 Rays) the Solidus fight felt like a breath of fresh air compared to that. 

Harrier isn't nearly as bad with the hanging trick when he fires the missiles from long range.  

Fatman can be cheesed with claymores and the M9.

Vamp is pretty simple with the ledge grab trick and stinger missiles while he goes for a swim.

Fortune... Just hide in the back in a box ?

Had a heck of a time with the Rays and for whatever reason Fatman was annoying and not being knocked over by claymores for a time.  The Harrier fight wasn't as bad, the only tricky part was the missiles from the side of the bridge.  Solidus gave me some issues only because I had no rations(thank the Ray fight) and very low health(thank the chokehold part) Honestly the Tengus(sp?) Rays and Solidus being back to back to back is pretty draining but very rewarding once you've beaten them :)

• 4 weeks later...