Which Online Game Servers are/will "Shut Down"?

DarknessKey92

I don't know if it has shut down, but the skate.reel servers have shut down atm. Someone will have to confirm that though. SKATE.REEL NOT THE ONLINE ACTIVITY SERVERS.

I managed to find this:

http://answers.ea.com/t5/Skate-series/Skate-reel-and-Skate-Graphics/m-p/1033028#U1033028

Edited by DarknessKey92

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...

I saw you didn't include Lord of The Rings Conquest. I played that game on my old account and was wondering why I couldn't connect to the MP. Turns out the servers were closed. For the exact date, you can read more here: http://www.playstationtrophies.org/news/news-218-Lord-of-the-Rings--Conquest-Online-Servers-To-Close-Next-Month.html

Also maybe it's useful to add the system they're shutdown on. The servers of Battlefield Bad Company 2 are still up (PS3), but they're shut down on PC. So maybe it's an idea to put the system behind the game.

Floriiss

• 3 months later...

Didn't MK Vs. DC's servers get turned back on along with MK9's servers? I thought they did. Gonna knockout the online for this for sure.

Nope, just MK9 was saved. I've ready got to get around to getting the rest of the online for this too. The servers aren't great either, even when you find a match the game often rejects it before you make it to the fight screen

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Not sure if this has been mentioned before but you have Bad Campany 2 and Lost Planet 3 serves closed in July 2014. I havent played these lately but Ive seen gaming sessions for them and from memory they were saved from the gamespy closures.

Bad Company 2 for PC.

PS3 version is fine and should be removed from this list, since it's in a Playstation Network thread. 

Edited by DARKB1KE

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

It sucks to see some games go because of the servers, I understand if the servers are completely dead and no one wants to play, but when there are people still willing to play the game but for some reason or another a game such as Bulletstorm goes down which was quite unique it's sad. I'm just glad I don't have a game with servers that have shut down, and when I play an online game, I usually try getting the online trophies out of the way first. 

• 4 months later...

Might want to PM Darkness Key, looking at their profile, they're still active. 

I can confirm SoulCalibur: Lost Swords is shut down. 

I regularly do google searches to see if they are any new articles about older games I own/am interested in shutting down, and I've not seen anything Playstation-related since SoulCalibur. If I do I'll definitely post here.