Trophy-friendly guide?

Kiyan-13

The trophy guide on this site is pretty thorough but the platinum is overwhelming because there are so many things to collect and do.

The main thing is getting 90 subevents in one playthrough because there are enough missable ones that you might not be able to do enough at the end of the story if you don't pay attention. This guide will tell you when they become available and warn you of missable ones:

https://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/topic/193796-sub-events-everything-you-need-to-know/

To be safe, just do/start them as soon as possible and you won't have any issues. I recommend doing this in first playthrough unlike what the trophy guide says.

A vast majority of the other trophies are just for doing something X number of times. I don't think any of these are missable, but X is usually pretty big, so here are some things to keep in mind if you want to minimize post-game grinding:

• Actively use different characters and different partners so that the use ability X number of times come more naturally.
  • In battle, try to use linked artes as often as possible. You need a lot of them and it was tricky for me to get used to it at first.
  • Make sure to always have a food effect active in each battle and always stock up on cheap food because you need this for 800 battles.
  • Make sure to explore each area thoroughly and get as many treasure chests and sparkling item pickups as you can. Those I still had to grind after beating the game.
  • For the bestiary trophy make sure you get into a lot of battles in each new area, especially the ones you can't return to (see trophy guide).
  • Work towards getting the Aifread's treasures as you're exploring new areas. Each area has a few and it will save you from a lot of backtracking (plus there is no in-game tracker for which ones you've gotten, so just do it systematically).
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Xylobe said:

I'm assuming you're looking for a full walkthrough, rather than just a trophy guide? If so, Krystal109's over on GameFAQs are the gold standard:

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/ps3/616012-tales-of-xillia/faqs/67625

They've also done guides for many of the other Tales games, if you find yourself needing those in the future.

Thanks for the suggestion!!

Did you use it to earn your platinum, is there any specific trophy that I should pay attention to while I use this walkthrough?

2 hours ago, masnevets said:

The trophy guide on this site is pretty thorough but the platinum is overwhelming because there are so many things to collect and do.

The main thing is getting 90 subevents in one playthrough because there are enough missable ones that you might not be able to do enough at the end of the story if you don't pay attention. This guide will tell you when they become available and warn you of missable ones:

https://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/topic/193796-sub-events-everything-you-need-to-know/

To be safe, just do/start them as soon as possible and you won't have any issues. I recommend doing this in first playthrough unlike what the trophy guide says.

A vast majority of the other trophies are just for doing something X number of times. I don't think any of these are missable, but X is usually pretty big, so here are some things to keep in mind if you want to minimize post-game grinding:

• Actively use different characters and different partners so that the use ability X number of times come more naturally.
  • In battle, try to use linked artes as often as possible. You need a lot of them and it was tricky for me to get used to it at first.
  • Make sure to always have a food effect active in each battle and always stock up on cheap food because you need this for 800 battles.
  • Make sure to explore each area thoroughly and get as many treasure chests and sparkling item pickups as you can. Those I still had to grind after beating the game.
  • For the bestiary trophy make sure you get into a lot of battles in each new area, especially the ones you can't return to (see trophy guide).
  • Work towards getting the Aifread's treasures as you're exploring new areas. Each area has a few and it will save you from a lot of backtracking (plus there is no in-game tracker for which ones you've gotten, so just do it systematically).

That's very detailed and helpful, thanks a lot man!! I'll definitely keep an open tab for it. 

After taking a look at the guide here, I wanted to ask if there is any beneficial reason to start with Jude instead of Milla?

Edited by Kiyan-13

12 minutes ago, Kiyan-13 said:

After taking a look at the guide here, I wanted to ask if there is any beneficial reason to start with Jude instead of Milla?

Practically, Jude has 99 subevents and Milla has 97, so there is a little more leeway in case you miss some (shouldn't be a problem though). I have also heard that the story makes a lot less sense if you start from Milla's perspective. I started with Jude and just skipped all scenes in the second playthrough so I can't confirm, but it does make sense since she's not present for certain events in the game so you wouldn't know what happened.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, masnevets said:

Practically, Jude has 99 subevents and Milla has 97, so there is a little more leeway in case you miss some (shouldn't be a problem though). I have also heard that the story makes a lot less sense if you start from Milla's perspective. I started with Jude and just skipped all scenes in the second playthrough so I can't confirm, but it does make sense since she's not present for certain events in the game so you wouldn't know what happened.

Ok, I'll start with Milla then. Thanks for helpful tips and the fast response!!