Physical Edition Makes Platinum Longer

Mr_Wright95

Hey Guys, 

Just a Quick FYI for anyone who picked this up physically like I have.

The Trophy for Buying all of Porkrinds' Shop Items does not ping when you buy all base game items, it pings once you purchase everything (including the DLC items) meaning you have to do the Kings Leap.

As the DLC comes on the Disc, there is no way to avoid this (To my Knowledge)

Doesn't add "too" much to the Platinum, but something to keep in mind.

Edited by Mr_Wright95
  • Like 3

This was not the case for me. I purchased all original items and the trophy popped when expected. Just make sure you are only buying items from the base game first in case there is a glitch in this trophy. I have not purchased any DLC items, but I did get 4 coins from that island and spent those just fine, so the game does not seem to care how you get the coins used to purchase items. However, you'll need to get the 40 coins in the base game to get that trophy.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, BodyChipper said:

This was not the case for me. I purchased all original items and the trophy popped when expected. Just make sure you are only buying items from the base game first in case there is a glitch in this trophy. I have not purchased any DLC items, but I did get 4 coins from that island and spent those just fine, so the game does not seem to care how you get the coins used to purchase items. However, you'll need to get the 40 coins in the base game to get that trophy.

Are you playing the Physical Disc version? I did not buy any dlc items and bought all base game items first, had not started the dlc (aside from unlocking ms chalice) and still needed to get all dlc weapons bought to get the trophy to pop. 

On 1/26/2023 at 8:49 PM, Mr_Wright95 said:

Are you playing the Physical Disc version? I did not buy any dlc items and bought all base game items first, had not started the dlc (aside from unlocking ms chalice) and still needed to get all dlc weapons bought to get the trophy to pop. 

I have the physical disc. I only started playing it on the 23rd so whatever version was available at that time if there were any updates. No issues with trophies popping when they were supposed to on my end. I would even argue that having the physical version makes the platinum easier since you can get the crackshot and play as Ms. Chalice by just going to Isle IV for the DLC. That weapon makes expert boss levels as easy as they were on regular previously. The plane levels are still tough though and I have two of those left on Isle III to get expert on all.

11 hours ago, BodyChipper said:

I have the physical disc. I only started playing it on the 23rd so whatever version was available at that time if there were any updates. No issues with trophies popping when they were supposed to on my end. I would even argue that having the physical version makes the platinum easier since you can get the crackshot and play as Ms. Chalice by just going to Isle IV for the DLC. That weapon makes expert boss levels as easy as they were on regular previously. The plane levels are still tough though and I have two of those left on Isle III to get expert on all.

Yeah the DLC Weapons and Chalice can help with the overall challenge of the game.

I just wanted a thread to show that if Porkrinds trophy doesn't pop in main game, this could be why.

Goodluck with those last few levels, they are definitely a grind!!!