Mandatory trophy thoughts thread

breakXedge

I think the Above and Beyond: Upgrade all your spells one is going to be the tedious one, each upgrade is tied to killing enemies in certain ways and performing certain moves etc. and you can only track three at a time.

I completed the game and upgraded 7 of 105. So lots of boring open world enemies over and over by the looks of it.

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, Akrioz said:

You haven't really bothered or the game is short?

It's pretty short and I did bother but I guess I didn't try and vary my attacks enough. 

Word of advice to anyone: swap R2 with R1 and L2 with L1, attacks take forever on the X2 triggers.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Anke said:

I think the Above and Beyond: Upgrade all your spells one is going to be the tedious one, each upgrade is tied to killing enemies in certain ways and performing certain moves etc. and you can only track three at a time.

I completed the game and upgraded 7 of 105. So lots of boring open world enemies over and over by the looks of it.

This is a worrisome statement.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Akrioz said:

I am fairly excited for the game. I just need the gameplay to be enjoyable and it will suffice. So far combat and traversal looks fun. 

Trophy trackers are always appreciated. 

1 hour ago, ArmoredSnowman said:

Don't know much about the game, but I do love parkour transversals (I eventually need to try out Mirror's Edge/Catalyst). So, I might bite the bullet and get the game + SpongeBob.

there is a demo you might wanna check out before buying this, its one of those games that you either hate or love

PowerPyx's guide is up: https://www.powerpyx.com/forspoken-trophy-guide-roadmap/

The spell upgrades are here: https://www.powerpyx.com/forspoken-all-spellcraft-challenges-guide-spell-upgrades/

1 hour ago, ArmoredSnowman said:

Don't know much about the game, but I do love parkour transversals (I eventually need to try out Mirror's Edge/Catalyst). So, I might bite the bullet and get the game + SpongeBob.

I love parkour in games. I hated this one. I shouted more "get off of that", "why are you up there", and "for ***s sake get up there" more times than Assassin's Creed Unity.

Edited by Anke
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Anke said:

When you say you can only track 3, do untracked moves/kills not count towards their respective upgrades? I see PowerPyx is finished the game with only 20/105 upgrades. That’s a lot of post game grinding 

2 minutes ago, diskdocx said:

When you say you can only track 3, do untracked moves/kills not count towards their respective upgrades? I see PowerPyx is finished the game with only 20/105 upgrades. That’s a lot of post game grinding 

You walk up to a closet thing and then can track three spells to upgrade, you then complete those upgrades by completing a set number of kills/moves/etc. then upgrade the spells. You then go back to the closet to upgrade another three. It'll make sense when you get in there.

If you're not tracking they don't count from my experience. I think PowerPyx went back to the closet more than I did.

Edited by Anke

Quickly, I need an honest opinion from some people in two hours as I'm going to the gym and the person who gives me the business while I exercise is my gaming friend and has expressed interest in this game, so if anyone wants to defend or slam this game, now is the time. As for me, I am not good at parkour and some of the trophies look to be missable, but I will hold my verdict until I get some opinions. A few people laughed at me for not immediately jumping into Persona 4 Golden for the PS4 because of one grindy trophy and gave me advice on it so maybe this can happen here. If it works, then I'll buy it, because Square Enix is my favorite company and I'd love to see them branch out from Final Fantasy a bit.

ACG/Karak said this is a game you either love or hate a couple hours in. He gave it his rating of wait for a deep deep sale.

1 hour ago, Taruta13 said:

Quickly, I need an honest opinion from some people in two hours as I'm going to the gym and the person who gives me the business while I exercise is my gaming friend and has expressed interest in this game, so if anyone wants to defend or slam this game, now is the time. As for me, I am not good at parkour and some of the trophies look to be missable, but I will hold my verdict until I get some opinions. A few people laughed at me for not immediately jumping into Persona 4 Golden for the PS4 because of one grindy trophy and gave me advice on it so maybe this can happen here. If it works, then I'll buy it, because Square Enix is my favorite company and I'd love to see them branch out from Final Fantasy a bit.

Edited by ShadowSigmaX
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, TheStark700 said:

The two equipment pieces (according to PowerPyx's guide) are not considered missable right? I'm slightly confused on that particular trophy.

There are two quests that get locked if you progress in the main story for some reason. However the trophy description says you don't need them. 

I didn't do either quest so hopefully I am fine. 

1 hour ago, Chaos_Bladez said:

There are two quests that get locked if you progress in the main story for some reason. However the trophy description says you don't need them. 

I didn't do either quest so hopefully I am fine. 

You are, we checked and you don't need them. They at least set everything up nice and you can't lock yourself out of anything if you ignore all the side shit during the story.