Mandatory trophy thoughts thread

breakXedge

The amount of collectibles immediately put this on my "I'll play when it's on Plus" list. I really like the 80% thing (learn from this trophy lists designers), but did it really have to be almost 500? Seriously? 

But I just learned that they replaced "walk slow for exposition" moments with "full stop for exposition".  Ffs, these things are games, not paintings. Not trophy related so I'll stop before I start ranting for real. 

Real question, I've been seeing a lot of hate for this game which didn't even release but not really surprise because "internet", is there a solid reason for this? I really love spell casters in any game and the visual are gorgeous so I'm really interested, the only thing I didn't like from watching the gameplay is the insufferable and obnoxious constant talking of the main character, was really getting on my nerves.

6 hours ago, Maridius98 said:

Any word if the platinum is still unobtainable? No patch yet?

It never was unobtainable. I just got it.

Some people are running into problems with the spell challenges from what I've read. Well, it's just Powerpyx saying that from what I have seen, but it might just be a bug they are running into that others might encounter, too.

Edited by Chaos_Bladez

24 minutes ago, Chaos_Bladez said:

It never was unobtainable. I just got it.

Some people are running into problems with the spell challenges from what I've read. Well, it's just Powerpyx saying that from what I have seen, but it might just be a bug they are running into that others might encounter, too.

Well, I know 4 people including myself who can't get the Tempest Lv. 2 challenge to work. ?

Did it work exactly as stated for you? Just a single instance of final enemy with Tempest? 

Edited by Gage

37 minutes ago, Gage said:

Well, I know 4 people including myself who can't get the Tempest Lv. 2 challenge to work. 1f643.png

Did it work exactly as stated for you? Just a single instance of final enemy with Tempest? 

Thanks for the input. I was thinking others were saying it but I didn't look into who, which is why I specified.

I'll be honest: I don't know how I got it to work. I had already completed that challenge well before I saw it was an issue since it was before the embargo. I vaguely recall it giving me problems, but I can't really remember doing anything different. I didn't try too hard for it so that is why it isn't lodged in my brain. Maybe different parts of the electrical storm need to kill them? I am not sure. Good luck though.

Admittedly I’m only a couple of hours in, but I have to say I can’t really see any issue with the voice acting etc, certainly not to the levels I had read about prior to starting. I certainly would urge others to not make the decision to not play this based on that aspect alone.

What I am finding though is the general gameplay mechanics are anything but smooth. For what I thought was a game based on movement and traversing speed, this seems especially cumbersome. Just parkouring up a straight wall feels janky at best. I am finding this disappointing so far. Hopefully this picks up.

And again, only a couple of hours in, so hopefully this improves too, but so far all the cutscenes involving another character have a fade to black pause, only to fade back in again at exactly the same point in the conversation as it faded out to and the conversation continues? It’s so distracting and disengaging.

From what I can tell glitched trophy aside this is a much faster plat than expected, people seem to be able to rush through this one pretty quick. Personally I'm planning on waiting for a deep sale myself but I hope people are enjoying this if they grabbed it day one.

1 hour ago, PotrikBerger said:

Admittedly I’m only a couple of hours in, but I have to say I can’t really see any issue with the voice acting etc, certainly not to the levels I had read about prior to starting. I certainly would urge others to not make the decision to not play this based on that aspect alone.

What I am finding though is the general gameplay mechanics are anything but smooth. For what I thought was a game based on movement and traversing speed, this seems especially cumbersome. Just parkouring up a straight wall feels janky at best. I am finding this disappointing so far. Hopefully this picks up.

And again, only a couple of hours in, so hopefully this improves too, but so far all the cutscenes involving another character have a fade to black pause, only to fade back in again at exactly the same point in the conversation as it faded out to and the conversation continues? It’s so distracting and disengaging.

You do get moves that make traversing straight walls a little smoother, but it is a persistent issue.

As for the voice acting, I found it insufferable, but I enjoyed the combat and parkour enough, so I hope people can be aware enough to weigh multiple elements when they consider whether or not they'll play it.

Edited by Chaos_Bladez

11 minutes ago, Chaos_Bladez said:

As for the voice acting, I found it insufferable,

I just switched to Japanese upon hearing Balinska acting. My problem with the game 3,5 hours in is that game agressively doesn't want me playing it. Cutscenes, tutorial, cutscenes, tutorials. There was like a half an hour of gameplay sprinkled in. I wanted to go to the other end of the map to get Shimmy skill, but halfway through Frey just turns and says "We have no business here for now". 

Gameplay seems nice while it lasts. But they could have more variety than 3 awys of bonking enemies with stones. I guess I need to do story to get anything else ASAP.

4 hours ago, Chaos_Bladez said:

Thanks for the input. I was thinking others were saying it but I didn't look into who, which is why I specified.

I'll be honest: I don't know how I got it to work. I had already completed that challenge well before I saw it was an issue since it was before the embargo. I vaguely recall it giving me problems, but I can't really remember doing anything different. I didn't try too hard for it so that is why it isn't lodged in my brain. Maybe different parts of the electrical storm need to kill them? I am not sure. Good luck though.

I tried everything I could possibly think to get it to unlock for days and still no luck.

3 hours ago, Chaos_Bladez said:

You do get moves that make traversing straight walls a little smoother, but it is a persistent issue.

As for the voice acting, I found it insufferable, but I enjoyed the combat and parkour enough, so I hope people can be aware enough to weigh multiple elements when they consider whether or not they'll play it.

I value the actual gameplay much more than story elements in a video game so I think I'd probably like this game more than most. I did enjoy the demo with the only real issues being some FPS drops and the combat quips getting repetitive but those can be turned down. The big "cringe" scene that everybody's been talking about didn't even seem that bad to me...lol. 

Edited by Killbomb

Hello fellow trophy hunter 

Trophy absolutely not bugged i’ve contacted Danaerium who platinumed already the game (all my best thanks to him and his kindness) it just stated a partial information

Tempest rank 2 mastery must be done while you are in critical health state, he sent me also video proof of it