Impossible mode?

dougrayman

I found getting through impossible to get through without the 1.04 exploit fairly simple due to a way to exploit the game systems. If you have access to a bench you can effectively always heal to max health for 5,000 credits as thats the cost to respec nodes and getting a health upgrade brings you to full health. So every time you have a bench nearby and some credits to spare you can get full health/stasis by respecing and then just applying the nodes to the same upgrades

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, ezioconnor24 said:

I’m playing on 1.00 rn. Started impossible mode , died and reverted to hard. Can i continue using multiple save files on hard and doing multiple manual saves ? 

Would love to know if the glitch works for you on 1.00. I'm about to start  impossible myself tomorrow. Would really like to avoid having to backup my game contantly.

3 minutes ago, Quink666 said:

Would love to know if the glitch works for you on 1.00. I'm about to start  impossible myself tomorrow. Would really like to avoid having to backup my game contantly.

I’ll only be playing like 1-1.5hrs a day due to work constraints, so if you could finish up before me let me know . And I’ll update you as soon as my playthru is done

• Like 1

On 2/21/2023 at 7:51 AM, Demek97 said:

If you die on impossible and choose the option to continue the game on hard it would still earn you a trophy for beating the game on impossible after finishing the game on hard. Some people claim the glitch stop working after patch 1.005 but the quit to main menu after death still works. 

Does this work after 1.06?  I freakin' got decapitate in chapter 10 by those wall tentacle guys and it didn't let me pause to quit out. 

43 minutes ago, unlazyboy285 said:

Does this work after 1.06?  I freakin' got decapitate in chapter 10 by those wall tentacle guys and it didn't let me pause to quit out. 

If you die and choose to play on hard after Patch 1.005 you need to start from the beginning... sorry to hear that ☹️

Pretty weird that the game didn't let you pause the game after decapitation. I died the same way and when I heard the heart dying sound or whatever you call it I could easily pause and quit to main menu. Did they patch quitting the game on impossible after 1.005 version? I finished the game on patch 1.005 so I had no clue. 

Edited by Demek97

19 hours ago, Demek97 said:

If you die and choose to play on hard after Patch 1.005 you need to start from the beginning... sorry to hear that 2639.png

Pretty weird that the game didn't let you pause the game after decapitation. I died the same way and when I heard the heart dying sound or whatever you call it I could easily pause and quit to main menu. Did they patch quitting the game on impossible after 1.005 version? I finished the game on patch 1.005 so I had no clue. 

I reenacted what happened and in that gassy room with the door blocked by a bunch of furniture, there are two of those wall guys that are hard to see because of the gas and will one shot you even at full health if you get too close.  The money exploit still works, I don't think they're gonna get rid of that.  That's just a design error.  Changing that won't be fair to the people who were using the pulse rifle's R1 attack the proper way.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 21/03/2023 at 1:00 PM, MilanYildirim said:

just to clarify, you died on impossible, switched to hard and you beat the game and you got the impossible trophy, right?

Anyone can confirm that still work now ? 

Edited by Kaapew

• 2 weeks later...

Just putting it out there for people that don't want to buy a physical copy just for this trophy - save scumming works just fine. I used it myself because on my first 2 playthroughs I died to machinery a lot, and just didn't see myself restarting over and over because of that. Racked up about 5 deaths on the impossible playthrough where the save scumming came in handy, 3 times because of machines, once because of fire and one time because of one of the wall guys instakill, lol. Ofc this doesn't change the fact it is cheating, it 100% ist. But it is a possible alternative.

Edited by Sezzuyasha

• 1 month later...

When I load my 1.06 save on 1.00 Isaac is invisible and I have no weapons or loot. Weirder still, when switching to the DS-08 skin Isaac becomes visible again but as a pair of legs with the top half of his body lying at the save station. ? Not sure if it's a factor but this happened after I died to the gravity tether at the end of chapter 7 and it didn't let me pause so I panicked and closed the game.

• 1 month later...
On 20-6-2023 at 8:52 PM, godofrock456 said:

When I load my 1.06 save on 1.00 Isaac is invisible and I have no weapons or loot. Weirder still, when switching to the DS-08 skin Isaac becomes visible again but as a pair of legs with the top half of his body lying at the save station. ? Not sure if it's a factor but this happened after I died to the gravity tether at the end of chapter 7 and it didn't let me pause so I panicked and closed the game.

I got the same thing, it’s in all my saves that I load, I am invisible and no loot or guns or something and the store is also empty.. but if I start a new game on 1.00 than everything works and i can see Isaac and items ?. Stil not got the platinum for the impossible, started at impossible and died at the tram repair ? and played it to chapter 12 on hard but didn’t got the trophy.. thought that this was the easy way but didn’t work so need to do it on the legit way ? or somebody knows a other solution let me know..? ??