Impossible mode?

dougrayman

I plan on starting with impossible any/all guns and finding collectibles without any guides or whatever. if I die i'll continue on hard and start impossible fresh and just keep pushing till it's done. the longer it takes, and the more I die.. the better. There's only one part about this game that I hate and thats the god damn leviathan boss fight. but i know they have removed the asteroid shooting mini game and replaced it with something pretty intense. i actually liked the mini game and associated trophy. 

Motive studios will save EA. ?

Edited by MatThaRiPP3R84

41 minutes ago, Creasy007 said:

I think I might go with a Plasma Cutter only run on Easy, follow it up with a NG+ run, and then a regular Impossible run to wrap it up. That way, I can dive into the game three separate times without rushing it or making it harder on myself. Been too long since I last played this, no way I could manage Impossible for my first playthrough.

This is the way

An optimal run for 100% would definitely be to play NG on Impossible with plasma cutter only then NG+ while getting kills with every weapon and finishing upgrades. Two playthroughs vs 3-4 seems a lot better. You have to play Impossible mode anyways for platinum, so might as well start on that difficulty. Newcomers to the franchise might have trouble with the highest difficulty though. 

3 hours ago, Optinooby said:

I figured maybe Impossible Plasma Cutter would be more optimal, then NG+ everything else....???

NG+ has stronger enemies and so maybe more tricky, even on easy, plus u cant even use the Hand Cannon then that you worked so hard to unlock.

It would also mean you need to try and get the 30 or so kills with each weapon on Impossible Mode which could make the whole thing much harder in every aspect (a lot of battles maybe more optimal to just sprint past) OR you need to make manual saves all throughout NG+ and grind later for all the different kills

This would be assuming you know what your doing beforehand of course or following a good walkthrough. If following a General Trophy Guide though, I guess you pretty much need to do 3 playthroughs

are you going to upload an imposible run guide? that would be awesome to follow, also save.

I remember playing the original so no fear of spoilers, also playing offline so no unlimited saves for me

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Dream_Hero_Nemo said:

100% this. Lol
Ah, the memories of doing this and also the nightmares of it glitching out or dying on the last level.

At least there are no online multiplayer trophies, so you won't end up going to all the trouble of beating the game on the hardest difficulty only to be locked out of the plat when the servers shut down.

https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/efa9f235-3d16-4721-a2de-a9e7586981b9

I rather enjoyed Hard Core mode in Dead Space 2, but according to this PowerPyx guide you can either back up your save to PS+ or just pause and quit before you die:

https://www.powerpyx.com/dead-space-remake-trophy-guide-roadmap/

• Like 1

4 hours ago, HoorayForTyler said:

An optimal run for 100% would definitely be to play NG on Impossible with plasma cutter only then NG+ while getting kills with every weapon and finishing upgrades. Two playthroughs vs 3-4 seems a lot better. You have to play Impossible mode anyways for platinum, so might as well start on that difficulty. Newcomers to the franchise might have trouble with the highest difficulty though. 

You can't play imposible on NG+ completing the game first on lower diff.

22 minutes ago, JhOnNY_HD said:

You can't play imposible on NG+ completing the game first on lower diff.

Where did I say you could? No where in my post did I state that. 

Also if anyone was wondering, the window to pause and quit to menu when dying on Impossible is huge, so I wouldn’t worry too much about constantly saving to the cloud. 

• Like 1

what a great game, seriously nerve wracking stuff, once i took the headset off after doing chapter 1 i felt such relief, like taking my head for a shit. 

the ai director is a cheeky bastard, but once you get kinesis you can just farm the necros for bullets using the arm blades as weapons from previous kills in the area. so far this difficulty rocks anyone else really enjoying it?

• Like 2

18 hours ago, HoorayForTyler said:

Also if anyone was wondering, the window to pause and quit to menu when dying on Impossible is huge, so I wouldn’t worry too much about constantly saving to the cloud. 

Sorry don't mean to pick on anyone for terminology I wouldn't say huge. I died in the centrifuge bit and the even though I quit out of the game it still saved it to Hard. I believe if you see the warning saying after you die the game will save it as "hard" even if you quit.

On 1/25/2023 at 8:16 AM, JohnCenaSong- said:

Part of me understands where people come from when they say it a slight shame when permadeath modes can be save scummed

Well.. you don't HAVE to save scum. You could just play the game the way it was intended. If you choose to do that then it's on you.

1 hour ago, wardragon989 said:

Sorry don't mean to pick on anyone for terminology I wouldn't say huge. I died in the centrifuge bit and the even though I quit out of the game it still saved it to Hard. I believe if you see the warning saying after you die the game will save it as "hard" even if you quit.

All good, but I disagree completely. Not a single time did I get accidentally reset due to the quit out exploit. Some moments in death I felt like I quit out super late, only to find myself back at my previously made save. The window of opportunity is definitely large. If you’re failing to execute it, you’re just really slow. I could be mid-death with blood filling the screen and was still able to pause and quit to menu.

21 minutes ago, Mr_Buzzinka said:

how hard is this? lets say compared to shadow of the tomb raider where there were long manual checkpoints only?

I’d say difficulty is 6/10. Impossible mode is definitely manageable, even if you decide to do your Plasma Cutter only run for it. Once fully upgraded, the weapon tears through every enemy you come across I feel. The damage, fire rate, and ammo drops are decent. With the exploit mentioned above, the game’s difficulty drops drastically. If you did want to get a feel for the missions and enemy spawns first, it’s recommended to play through on a lower difficulty first. There’s also a save point at every corner, so you have good backups for when you think you’re about to die/are in the middle of dying.

For the exploit:

1. When you’re about to die or are in the middle of a death animation, immediately pause the game and quit to the main menu.

2. Reload your game and it will bring you back to your previously made save at a save point. If executed correctly, the game will restart you at said checkpoint. 

I died around 5-6 times throughout my playthrough, and not once did I get a hard reset. Some moments I know I quit out later than I should have, and I still didn’t get reset. Quitting to XMB and making saves to USB or the cloud are pointless here, and time consuming, so it’s better for convenience purposes just to do the exploit.

• Like 2

Don’t know if this has happened to anyone else but upon starting the game for the first time I thought I’d go straight into ’Impossible’ mode .. Died stupidly of course in chapter 1 and I just continued the game (when given the choice to continue with difficulty reduced to hard or start a new game I choice the first one) .. anywho, I just completed that run through and popped the Impossible trophy at the end of my playthrough ?‍♂️ Not sure if this is a bug or a known glitch/bug but yeah … Guess I can do NG+ on Easy now lol

Edited by TiptopChrisy-NI

So the question I have is this: Do you get the Level 6 Security Suit in the Remake? In the original game you did so it would be surprising in this game if you did not.

To anyone who did or did not know, in the original Dead Space you get the Security Suit (level 6 suit) after beating the game for the first time and it is available in the very first shop you find in the game.

If I am stating the obvious here, you can stop reading as I feel as this is common information, but essentially you can get the level 6 suit (Security Suit) at the very beginning of your Impossible run back on the original game without actually starting back at level 0 (1 etc.). How? Easy, beat the game again with the Level 6 suit on the same save file (Easy, Normal, Hard - these were in the original game off-the-bat) and as soon as you beat the game with the Level 6 suit equipped, start a brand new game following the Credits on Impossible and, you, or Issac (whatever) will/would be wearing the Level 6 suit during the intro.

So in steps

1. Beat the Game (any difficulty) and be awarded the schematic for the Level 6 Suit (i.e. Security Suit) ---> unlocks Impossible
  2. At the main menu, select New game +, and play that same save file. 
  3. Use the Security Suit schematic at the first shop you find (New Game+)
  4. Beat the game again with the Level 6 Suit.
  5. Select New Game > Impossible Mode
  6. Start with the best suit in the game. 

Now I do not know if this still works, but if it does that would be awesome as the extra damage reduction makes up for it, but again no has seemed or has mentioned this anywhere. I have known about this for years, but never said anything since I felt it was common knowledge. However, seeing as you can select Impossible from the get-go, I do not know how all this works/scales. If anyone wants to test this, that would be grand, but I can test and come back with my findings. 

Edited by x410xDragon

24 minutes ago, x410xDragon said:

So the question I have is this: Do you get the Level 6 Security Suit in the Remake? In the original game you did so it would be surprising in this game if you did not.

To anyone who did or did not know, in the original Dead Space you get the Security Suit (level 6 suit) after beating the game for the first time and it is available in the very first shop you find in the game.

If I am stating the obvious here, you can stop reading as I feel as this is common information, but essentially you can get the level 6 suit (Security Suit) at the very beginning of your Impossible run back on the original game without actually starting back at level 0 (1 etc.). How? Easy, beat the game again with the Level 6 suit on the same save file (Easy, Normal, Hard - these were in the original game off-the-bat) and as soon as you beat the game with the Level 6 suit equipped, start a brand new game following the Credits on Impossible and, you, or Issac (whatever) will/would be wearing the Level 6 suit during the intro.

So in steps

1. Beat the Game (any difficulty) and be awarded the schematic for the Level 6 Suit (i.e. Security Suit) ---> unlocks Impossible
  2. At the main menu, select New game +, and play that same save file. 
  3. Use the Security Suit schematic at the first shop you find (New Game+)
  4. Beat the game again with the Level 6 Suit.
  5. Select New Game > Impossible Mode
  6. Start with the best suit in the game. 

Now I do not know if this still works, but if it does that would be awesome as the extra damage reduction makes up for it, but again no has seemed or has mentioned this anywhere. I have known about this for years, but never said anything since I felt it was common knowledge. However, seeing as you can select Impossible from the get-go, I do not know how all this works/scales. If anyone wants to test this, that would be grand, but I can test and come back with my findings. 

Hope anyone test this :D