Impossible mode?

dougrayman

14 hours ago, SuchRemorse said:

Well.. you don't HAVE to save scum. You could just play the game the way it was intended. If you choose to do that then it's on you.

I absolutely agree. I am of the view that if I want to challenge myself further in a game I like then I do it trophy or no trophy. 

But, as much as I despise the dick-comparing culture of trophies the reason I said I partly understand is that I do recognise with public profiles and public little achievement badges why people appreciate scumming not being an option to allow themselves some bragging rights. 

Whilst I'm not the person who cares myself, I don't care what people think of my trophies xD and whilst the crowd who do care go overboard with toxic elitism and gatekeeping let's also not pretend there isn't some value from being able to share, compare and attain bragging rights with your friends from your achievements as they act almost like some kind of 'proof' you did the thing. Anyone can say they played through a game without dying but if you have an achievement for it then it helps back up your claim. Therefore I can somewhat understand that having the option available to curcumvent the requirements, to some, can be a bit of a bummer as it lowers the perception of said achievement or allows those who did scum to claim they didn't and in a way 'steal' recognition off of others.

Like, I get how people must feel whenever subjects like this crop up, I hate those elitist punks a lot too xD but there's also nothing inherently 'wrong' with folk finding some value in having a difficult achievement or wanting to be able to claim some kind of bragging rights. In a sense, that's kind of what achievements and trophies were all about, showing that you'd done things.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Stardroid said:

"Let others play how they want :'("

"What do you care!"

"There are plenty of difficult games out there"

"Yo, I have 6 kids, a full time job and I have to cook for my wife, I don't have the time for this permadeath shit!"

"I only play games for fun, you must be a masogionyst or sumethin like dat"

"We should start a petition if this is true"

"Haha, imagine wanting a fair playing field, that's life!"

The Virgin Walk" Art Print for Sale by EliteCadre | Redbubble

To all the kings out there not afraid of an actual challenge and doing it, stay chad

Imagine thinking that the way you earn a trophy is what makes you a chad... sheesh.

Edited by Alos88
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, HoorayForTyler said:

I’d say difficulty is 6/10. Impossible mode is definitely manageable, even if you decide to do your Plasma Cutter only run for it. Once fully upgraded, the weapon tears through every enemy you come across I feel. The damage, fire rate, and ammo drops are decent. With the exploit mentioned above, the game’s difficulty drops drastically. If you did want to get a feel for the missions and enemy spawns first, it’s recommended to play through on a lower difficulty first. There’s also a save point at every corner, so you have good backups for when you think you’re about to die/are in the middle of dying.

For the exploit:

1. When you’re about to die or are in the middle of a death animation, immediately pause the game and quit to the main menu.

2. Reload your game and it will bring you back to your previously made save at a save point. If executed correctly, the game will restart you at said checkpoint. 

I died around 5-6 times throughout my playthrough, and not once did I get a hard reset. Some moments I know I quit out later than I should have, and I still didn’t get reset. Quitting to XMB and making saves to USB or the cloud are pointless here, and time consuming, so it’s better for convenience purposes just to do the exploit.

Can confirm that this works (for now at least, don't know if it'll get patched out). Huge shame cause what could've been a 5-6/10 trophy diffculty list is now a 3/10. Definitely possible to do an Impossible playthrough as your first but it'll be a frustrating one. 3 playthroughs is definitely the easiest path but it'll take an extra 6hrs or so to get the Plat.

This PSN user claims the following

Don’t know if this has happened to anyone else but upon starting the game for the first time I thought I’d go straight into ’Impossible’ mode .. Died stupidly of course in chapter 1 and I just continued the game (when given the choice to continue with difficulty reduced to hard or start a new game I choice the first one) .. anywho, I just completed that run through and popped the Impossible trophy at the end of my playthrough ?‍♂️ Not sure if this is a bug or a known glitch/bug but yeah … Guess I can do NG+ on Easy now lol

Source #1:

Moreover, check his time stamps and he even earned both “untouchable” and “one gun” at the same time in his first ever play-through.

Source #2:

https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/20711-dead-space/TiptopChrisy-NI

TL:DR Version

Impossible Mode Trophy can still be earned even if you die & choose continue option.

Edited by UKW5
Corrected web url for source #2.
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Alos88 said:

Sorry, on this site it's pretty hard to tell. There are a dozen people that talk like that on here and are dead serious about it.

I mean, people who don't shy away from the challenge and do it as it was intended still get the mark of approval from me, though. I actually think it's a bit of a shame that everytime a somewhat difficult trophy arises, especially in AAA games (they don't happen almost ever), stuff like this arises. But it's just a sign of the times in trophy hunting. It's no surprise with the march of two minute platinum games and the increasingly standard / boring lists in the AAA sphere that people find it almost hard to imagine anything remotely challenging. I don't trophy hunt anymore though, I chose to stay far and wide away from the current mentality of a lot of hunters. Still, not losing any sleep over it, you know what I mean?r

Edited by Stardroid

Damn it! I think I have messed up the one gun trophy already. On chapter 3 centrifuge and forgot to save ammo for the monster tentacle that grabs you after activating the machine and theres no ammo around anywhere.  My last save that I uploaded was ages ago :(

Edit: nevermind, I just bit the bullet and reloaded. Was the only way 

Edited by Nick_Scryer

19 hours ago, Stardroid said:

I mean, people who don't shy away from the challenge and do it as it was intended still get the mark of approval from me, though. I actually think it's a bit of a shame that everytime a somewhat difficult trophy arises, especially in AAA games (they don't happen almost ever), stuff like this arises. But it's just a sign of the times in trophy hunting. It's no surprise with the march of two minute platinum games and the increasingly standard / boring lists in the AAA sphere that people find it almost hard to imagine anything remotely challenging. I don't trophy hunt anymore though, I chose to stay far and wide away from the current mentality of a lot of hunters. Still, not losing any sleep over it, you know what I mean?r

The only part for me is the time part. I just don't make time for gaming as much as I used to. When I was in my early 20s, I'd easily be able to play games all weekend for 8-10 hours a day. Then another 4-5 hours a night during the week if needed.

Now I get about 1.5 hours a day, no matter what day. I have other stuff to do. I still love these games and the challenges of Impossible mode, etc, but I'm definitely grateful that you can save more than three times. I find limiting the number of times you can save an artificial difficulty that punishes you outside of the difficulty the game provides and instead penalizes you for not having infinite gaming time anymore.

Difficulty and respecting your time as a player can go hand in hand. I'm glad to see that they went that route as opposed to Dead Space 2's nonsense, lol.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, PhantomFear94 said:

As a slight digression, I am still doing Playthrough 1 (3 playthrough completion is my plan). For Impossible Mode, if you die and re-load, is there a way of knowing you've "done" it right and are still on Impossible and not the Hard default? 

Save your game. If the difficulty on the top right of your save file is still "Impossible" then you're good.

On 1/30/2023 at 9:50 AM, PhantomFear94 said:

As a slight digression, I am still doing Playthrough 1 (3 playthrough completion is my plan). For Impossible Mode, if you die and re-load, is there a way of knowing you've "done" it right and are still on Impossible and not the Hard default? 

Impossible Mode Trophy can still be earned even if you die & choose continue option.

RE-CONFIRMATION

• Like 1

1 hour ago, saad2000_- said:

This needs to be confirmed 

It happened to me. Like i said in my original comment, I started my first play through on Impossible, Got as far as the first acid spitting necromorph and died and then when given the option to start over on Impossible or continue with difficulty lowered to Hard, I choose to continue on Hard thinking I’ll just continue, use only the plasma for this play though and get a feel for the game again … and upon completing the game I got the Impossible trophy alongside the completing on medium or above trophy and only using the plasma cutter trophy.

If you're doing an impossible run and need credits, once you reach chapter 3 and have the pulse rifle and 10 power nodes, you can farm the ammo using a bench to get unlimited credits. Every time you raise a weapon's ammo cap, it's refilled. Empty the pulse rifle using the alt-fire (25 rounds per mine), turn off the mine, collect the mine, use the bench to increase the ammo cap,empty the pulse rifle again, use the bench again. Once you've hit all the cap nodes, reset the bench with 5000 credits.

Rinse and repeat.

Every stack of 100 pulse rifle ammo sells for 2500, so if you can drop at least 200 ammo, you're making more credits than you're spending resetting the bench.

At the first bench in chapter 3, I've found that I could get 30,000 credits every ten minutes or so.

Edited by Shemhazat
  • Like 4

54 minutes ago, Shemhazat said:

If you're doing an impossible run and need credits, once you reach chapter 3 and have the pulse rifle and 10 power nodes, you can farm the ammo using a bench to get unlimited credits. Every time you raise a weapon's ammo cap, it's refilled. Empty the pulse rifle using the alt-fire (25 rounds per mine), turn off the mine, collect the mine, use the bench to increase the ammo cap,empty the pulse rifle again, use the bench again. Once you've hit all the cap nodes, reset the bench with 5000 credits.

Rinse and repeat.

Every stack of 100 pulse rifle ammo sells for 2500, so if you can drop at least 200 ammo, you're making more credits than you're spending resetting the bench.

At the first bench in chapter 3, I've found that I could get 30,000 credits every ten minutes or so.

GREAT find 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, TiptopChrisy-NI said:

It happened to me. Like i said in my original comment, I started my first play through on Impossible, Got as far as the first acid spitting necromorph and died and then when given the option to start over on Impossible or continue with difficulty lowered to Hard, I choose to continue on Hard thinking I’ll just continue, use only the plasma for this play though and get a feel for the game again … and upon completing the game I got the Impossible trophy alongside the completing on medium or above trophy and only using the plasma cutter trophy.

IT’S CONFIRMED & RE-CONFIRMED AGAIN EVEN THOUGH PSNPROFILES IS DOWNRIGHT UNPROFESSIONAL FOR HIDING/REMOVING MY TOPIC/THREAD PERIOD.

TL;DR Version

On Dead Space (2023) for PS5 you can still earn and unlock the “Untouchable” Trophy in Impossible Mode even if you die & choose the continue option period according to PSN User TiptopChrisy-NI

20 minutes ago, UKW5 said:

EVEN THOUGH PSNPROFILES IS DOWNRIGHT UNPROFESSIONAL FOR HIDING/REMOVING MY TOPIC/THREAD PERIOD

Your posts aren’t hidden or removed, they were moved to the topic that was already being discussed per the forum rules of no duplicate topics. Click on your avatar to see your post history and you will see all your posts are still there. 

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, Creasy007 said:

Forgive me but what's the "exploit" in continuing with Hard on the Impossible run and still getting the trophy? That you get more save slots or something?

Autosave feature. And no more having to backup your save file to the cloud. If it really works, obviously.

I'd say we need at least one more confirmation to be sure that it actually can be reproduced.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, proud2bNs said:

Autosave feature. And no more having to backup your save file to the cloud. If it really works, obviously.

I'd say we need at least one more confirmation to be sure that it actually can be reproduced.

Good point, I'm sure the autosave helps a ton. I'm actually on my Impossible Mode playthrough now (barely through the opening of the game though) and was debating trying this approach but would much rather get some more confirmation, lest I waste my time and need another, proper runthrough of the game.