Impossible mode?

dougrayman

19 minutes ago, Neme-ita said:

Is possible using leve 6 suit on impossibile mode? Thx 

It's only possible if you already beat it on Impossible Mode and acquire it through NG+, it seems. 

That's one of my only complaints about the game: you spend all that time getting the Level 6 suit, all those upgrades and nodes, and then they're all tossed aside when you tackle the hardest difficulty available.

12 hours ago, Creasy007 said:

It's only possible if you already beat it on Impossible Mode and acquire it through NG+, it seems. 

That's one of my only complaints about the game: you spend all that time getting the Level 6 suit, all those upgrades and nodes, and then they're all tossed aside when you tackle the hardest difficulty available.

This is a pretty common thing in general, getting the ultimate weapon/summon/ whatever that completely breaks the game- but only just after you'd done everything it might've come in handy for.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Neme-ita said:

Is possible using leve 6 suit on impossibile mode? Thx 

15 hours ago, Creasy007 said:

As Creasy mentioned, no, it seems that is does not carry over. Shame, as if it did, then it would have truly mirrored the Dead Space 08' - as that seemed to be a "bug" or something back-in-the-day during the original game's coding, or something. 

2 hours ago, Alos88 said:

This is a pretty common thing in general, getting the ultimate weapon/summon/ whatever that completely breaks the game- but only just after you'd done everything it might've come in handy for.

Not as common as you would think if you can trick the game, but again, if they truly kept the source code from the original (at least I am sure some of it is), then that bug or altercation would have still carried over. This is actually good to know since this means glitches in Dead Space 2, if Motive makes a remake, will most likely do their research (or they just have people who can actually code, or detect loose strings in the source code (OG), properly) will not work. Then again, who knows really. 

56 minutes ago, PhantomFear94 said:

Someone on PowerPyx have said that starting on Impossible, dying, continuing hard save them lowering THAT to medium has also worked. 

Considering how the exploit seems to work, I still cant believe nobody has tried it on Story yet.

All one would need to do if worried, is make a save at the end. Then switch to Story and beat the boss, if no trophy, reload save but leave on hard. 5 minute thing to test, but playing Impossible on Story likely saves a few hours in the long run!!

Its been on my mind to test since the exploit first got mentioned, i've only just started my Impossible though after routing Hard mode and I will test it when I get there again, likely the next few days.

Youtubers making vids on it should have at least tried it on Story as well first before making a video on it but guess that is what it is. Enemies on Story can die in 1 shot as per 5+ shots on Hard, thats where the really exploit lies!

This will get patched though, its why im not rushing to test it, im not using it.

I cant decide if the Credits trick will get patched though. That maybe intentional, but if not, how would they patch it as they cant disable the function to reclaim your traps. They would have to give reclaimed traps (ammo) a different ID so they cant be sold or something similar i guess.

Edited by Optinooby
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, Optinooby said:

Considering how the exploit seems to work, I still cant believe nobody has tried it on Story yet.

All one would need to do if worried, is make a save at the end. Then switch to Story and beat the boss, if no trophy, reload save but leave on hard. 5 minute thing to test, but playing Impossible on Story likely saves a few hours in the long run!!

Its been on my mind to test since the exploit first got mentioned, i've only just started my Impossible though after routing Hard mode and I will test it when I get there again, likely the next few days.

Youtubers making vids on it should have at least tried it on Story as well first before making a video on it but guess that is what it is. Enemies on Story can die in 1 shot as per 5+ shots on Hard, thats where the really exploit lies!

This will get patched though, its why im not rushing to test it, im not using it.

I cant decide if the Credits trick will get patched though. That maybe intentional, but if not, how would they patch it as they cant disable the function to reclaim your traps. They would have to give reclaimed traps (ammo) a different ID so they cant be sold or something similar i guess.

Started NG+ but am shelving it at Ch. 4, expediting this. I am taking one for the team and testing this before it gets patched. Probably won't be done until Saturday as I work 9-5, but I'll check back in then. I got to Ch. 3 before going up to bed in 50-60 dropping to story after I'll impossible death and knowledge of the game, so I can live with a 6-8 hour "wasted" playthrough. I'll update. 

Edited by PhantomFear94
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Optinooby said:

They can merely make it so buying costs more and selling gives much less.

5 hours ago, PhantomFear94 said:

Started NG+ but am shelving it at Ch. 4, expediting this. I am taking one for the team and testing this before it gets patched. Probably won't be done until Saturday as I work 9-5, but I'll check back in then. I got to Ch. 3 before going up to bed in 50-60 dropping to story after I'll impossible death and knowledge of the game, so I can live with a 6-8 hour "wasted" playthrough. I'll update. 

Cool, keen to hear if this works!

I see patch 1.04 dropped today, wonder what that does?

-Edit-

Dead Space Update 1.04 Patch Notes – February 2, 2023

• Added performance improvements.
  • Addressed UI issues.
  • Addressed various stuttering and lag issues.
  • Added general stability fixes.
  • Other minor fixes.
Edited by SecondGenesis
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, SecondGenesis said:

Cool, keen to hear if this works!

I see patch 1.04 dropped today, wonder what that does?

-Edit-

Dead Space Update 1.04 Patch Notes – February 2, 2023

• Added performance improvements.
  • Addressed UI issues.
  • Addressed various stuttering and lag issues.
  • Added general stability fixes.
  • Other minor fixes.

I'm quietly confident it'll work. People have confirmed with hard and with medium; I can't see why easy would be any different. To be completely safe, I'm going to only overwrite the one save file it "gave me" after deferring to hard difficulty post-death, although I highly doubt that matters.

I get off work in 4 hours, will be binging this tonight and likely finishing it off tomorrow. Will update as soon as I'm done. I'm personally going to do the weapon kills, too, so if it doesn't work it isn't a complete personal waste (did Plasma Cutter only playthrough first). 

Edited by PhantomFear94
  • Like 3

12 minutes ago, PhantomFear94 said:

I'm quietly confident it'll work. People have confirmed with hard and with medium; I can't see why easy would be any different. To be completely safe, I'm going to only overwrite the one save file it "gave me" after deferring to hard difficulty post-death, although I highly doubt that matters.

I get off work in 4 hours, will be binging this tonight and likely finishing it off tomorrow. Will update as soon as I'm done. I'm personally going to do the weapon kills, too, so if it doesn't work it isn't a complete personal waste (did Plasma Cutter only playthrough first). 

You're a God amongst mortals, would be great to have this confirmed

• Like 1

I can confirm that dying on impossible and continuing on hard and completing the game, still gives the impossible trophy on 1.0.4. I just unlocked it after having died and continuing on hard. I noticed the patch had installed earlier and was worried they might have fixed it.

Edited by Farlov
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, Farlov said:

I can confirm that dying on impossible and continuing on hard and completing the game, still gives the impossible trophy on 1.0.4. I just unlocked it after having died and continuing on hard. I noticed the patch had installed earlier and was worried they might have fixed it.

what about medium? or easy? can't you reload the save file before end game and change it to easy n see if it still unlocks?

would love for it to be confirmed ?

Edited by TwoWinged_PS

2 hours ago, PhantomFear94 said:

❤️ can't wait for confirmation to restart my playthrough, thanks man for trying it out

Just finished Impossible, but it seems like multiple sources are confirming that even if you go from Impossible > Hard from dying, you can still get the trophy. Never did that myself as it was not really needed. 

While it is not anything to laugh at, Impossible (hard mode) was still quite annoying in the beginning, but is manageable as for any DS 08 veterans that know how to utilize resources and I highly recommend the Flamethrower's secondary fire on the Wall Guardians for Impossible difficulty; basically, it not only saves ammo, but it also removes all the tendrils due to the wall of fire - easy game. Another thing to note, is how invaluable the Ripper is during the beginning sections of the game and how much ammo you can conserve by using it. As for the credit exploit, I used it in the beginning, but got tired of it and still managed to get through everything just fine. The weapons I used were both the Plasma Cutter and Force Gun from chapter 6 onwards.

Edited by x410xDragon
Typo.

Beat it on Impossible last night myself. I did use the Pulse Rifle credits workaround a few times cause no matter how smart I played, I found myself constantly running out of ammo (though it probably didn't help that I went with the Cutter the whole time either). I've certainly played harder difficulties in other titles but it was challenging at times. 

Pro tip for those struggling: sometimes it's best to run and dodge fights when you're able. 

About to start this masterpiece!!! ???? Cant wait to get the plat! Glad they didnt change or remove impossible mode?

Edit: after reading about impossible, its one save and one life now... Preetty sure this wasnt the case on ps3... Dont remember... But annyways real nice... Cant wait for a challenge... 

Edited by DividedByMankind

28 minutes ago, proud2bNs said:

Untouchable doesn't unlock on "Story" difficulty after dying.

I started on Impossible, died on purpose in chapter 3, switched difficulty to "Story" and finished the game. No trophy. Patch 1.04.

Damn it. Thanks for confirming. At least hard difficulty works post 1.04 according to some.

Edited by PhantomFear94

I finished Impossible mode last night (was my 3rd playthrough) and here're some thoughts.

- Although I platinumed the original DS in 2009 on PS3, this was almost a new experience since I'd forgotten most of it.

- For Impossible, the Ripper did help a lot since it is ammo efficient and keeps the enemy away from you. As for weapons, I just stuck with Plasma Cutter, Pulse Rifle, Ripper, Force Gun. I didn't use or upgrade the other weapons.

- I also used the Pulse Rifle credits farm so I don't have to worry about health/ammo. I also bought some Nodes to power up my weapons/suit early on. They may fix this so I guess do this as early as you can!

- Don't really need to backup your save to PS+. At the moment when you die (Isacc will sort of scream, etc) just pause and back out to main menu and then choose Continue.

- On hindsight, I could've done it in 2 playthroughs (Impossible first, then easy on NG+), but I liked the game and didn't mind more. Also, the map and layout can be confusing even after 1 or 2 playthroughs and if you don't pay attention, you can get lost or waste time just wandering around, or waste time/ammo trying to kill the unkillable Hunter when you don't know what to do next!

- The game is still buggy. Had several freezes/crashes and had to redo some sections and initial loading screen sometimes hangs. :( Hopefully the latest patches fixed them.

In all, great game and worth the time. But it is still old school in terms of playing. Which is what I like! I'm in my 50s now and don't really take to multiplayer stuff like Fortnite, etc. Just want a good single player experience and this game delivers just that.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, proud2bNs said:

Untouchable doesn't unlock on "Story" difficulty after dying.

I started on Impossible, died on purpose in chapter 3, switched difficulty to "Story" and finished the game. No trophy. Patch 1.04.

I also tried to reload the save file before the final boss and switch back to hard. Still no trophy. Seems like you're not allowed to switch the difficulty in the menu after dying.