Harry Potter Hogwarts Legacy Game Discussion

Annoyingtiger888

@Infected Elite Oooo gameranx is a great channel! And god, that open world looks amazing, I couldn't stop smiling as I watched the video. I'm gonna spend sooo much time just exploring and saving those beasts which means it's gonna take ages to finish for me haha 

You can upgrade the broom ahhh that's a great feature imo I would love to have a mount instead of a broom, though. Buckbeak for the win <3 The combat looks so epic, but I know it's gonna take ages for me to get used to. Soooo many spells to choose from and my friend said you can even learn the forbidden curses ?

I'm really digging the room of requirements and the large aquarium thing. I wanna fill it with rescued beasts! I'll be spending most of my time there I bet haha I laughed at the "we ain't even born yet" image. Falcon is the best for video game videos, man.

I wonder if they will add a Quidditch DLC later down the line. Since so many people are upset about it, it feels like a viable option.

@RoastedPeanut Ooo isn't the Sparrowhawk kinda rare? Looks pretty cool! Yeah, the portrait maker doesn't have LOADS of customization so it can be a bit difficult to make a proper character. Hopefully, the in-game maker will be a lot better! What house do you want to be in?

Edited by Annoyingtiger888
  • Like 2

@Annoyingtiger888 I was hoping for something a bit more menacing like a bear or a wolf. I wanted to be in Slytherin! I had already decked myself out in Slytherin gear and thought it was a given I'd be sorted into the correct house, but nope!

Seeing as there is mention of no real sorting in the actual game, I'll definitely be going Slytherin first. Even if I can't run around firing off avada kedavra or crucio constantly, hopefully we can still get up to a bit of mischief. 

Just now, RoastedPeanut said:

@Annoyingtiger888 I was hoping for something a bit more menacing like a bear or a wolf. I wanted to be in Slytherin! I had already decked myself out in Slytherin gear and thought it was a given I'd be sorted into the correct house, but nope!

Seeing as there is mention of no real sorting in the actual game, I'll definitely be going Slytherin first. Even if I can't run around firing off avada kedavra or crucio constantly, hopefully we can still get up to a bit of mischief. 

As an owl, I can understand that lol Not too many people are gonna be impressed by a simple old owl, not to say owls are bad or anything, but they're kinda basic especially in the magic world. But, we don't actually know how it'll go in the actual game. Maybe it's random there or maybe we get to choose.

I was kinda disappointed when they said there wouldn't be any sorting, but I can see why they did it. A lot of people would probably complain if they got a house they didn't want. Like, my best friend was NOT happy when the test gave him Slytherin and he deleted the account lmao 

Slytherin is cool imo. Something just so satisfying about the green and silver and the cool ass snake emblem. I heard that we CAN use the curses, but it might just be a rumor and I'm sure we're restricted to when and how we can use it. But yeah, I hope we get to go around pranking people or just being a general nuisance lmao

21 minutes ago, PeachyJacobs said:

I did mine a long time ago, may as well stick with it.

House: Gryffindor

Patronus: Marsh Harrier

Wand: Willow

Anyone know if we can actually have a Patronus in the game?

There hasn't been any mention if you can or not (unless I have missed something).

As much as I want to know what will be in the game, I'm actually looking forward to discovering a lot of things as I go. Discovering hidden parts of Hogwarts, learning new spells, possibly using a patronus, cursing mudbloods.... oh wait, did I say that last one out loud? Whoops!

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, PeachyJacobs said:

I did mine a long time ago, may as well stick with it.

House: Gryffindor

Patronus: Marsh Harrier

Wand: Willow

Anyone know if we can actually have a Patronus in the game?

What in the world is a marsh harrier? Some kind of rabbit? ? and yeah, like Peanut said, there's been no confirmation if its there or not.

14 minutes ago, RoastedPeanut said:

cursing mudbloods.... oh wait, did I say that last one out loud? Whoops!

I'm telling Mcgonagall!! D: 

10 minutes ago, Infected Elite said:

Mine, well i did 2 emails. One my ex made me do:

Hufflepuff (LOL)

Some bird patronus

apple wand

one i did

Gryffindor..... (i think most would agree i should be Slytherin)

Kingfisher

Cypress want

ok back to bed i go

lol "some bird." Kingfisher sounds cool but is it a bird or an actual fish? ... or is it just some man wearing a crown that likes to fish?

Gryffindor

Black swan 

Pine (Dragon core, 12 1/2")

I've done the test around 10 or so times throughout the years and It's a near 50/50 on Gryffindor and Slytherin with 2 Ravenclaw and 0 Hufflepuff.  My patronus is usually a bird and dragon core vine wood for wands.

Can't wait for the game!! ??

Edited by Fr_0zt

5 minutes ago, Annoyingtiger888 said:

I'm telling Mcgonagall!! D: 

Hey maybe Dumbledore! Dumbledore first attended Hogwarts in 1892 and the game is set in the 1890's. I wonder if we will see a (younger) familiar face? These are the things I look forward to discovering. Maybe I won't bully the young kid named Albus :P

12 minutes ago, RoastedPeanut said:

Hey maybe Dumbledore! Dumbledore first attended Hogwarts in 1892 and the game is set in the 1890's. I wonder if we will see a (younger) familiar face? These are the things I look forward to discovering. Maybe I won't bully the young kid named Albus :P

Oooo good point. That's crazy to think about, going to school with Dumbledore... wow. I kinda wish we got to experience all years instead of starting in year... 5, was it?

1 hour ago, RoastedPeanut said:

There hasn't been any mention if you can or not (unless I have missed something).

Yeah I've been trying to avoid a lot of things too but my excitement gets the better of me sometimes. I'm definitely going to tackle this one without any guides or anything though. I don't care how long it takes me.

1 hour ago, Annoyingtiger888 said:

What in the world is a marsh harrier? Some kind of rabbit? 1f914.png and yeah, like Peanut said, there's been no confirmation if its there or not.

Haha. I had to Google it myself. They are a bird of prey. They look a lot cooler than they sound that's for sure.

Eurasian-Marsh-Harrier-Aure1.jpg

• Like 1