Harry Potter Hogwarts Legacy Game Discussion

Annoyingtiger888

I'm getting more and more mildly interested in this game lol.  I'm not really a fan of Harry Potter though I have the movies and probably could watch them sometime, maybe even "marathon" them between now and the games release.  The game seems fun for something a bit different than the usual RPG faire.

Has there been any more word on the box art indicating "Internet Required"?  From what I can tell it sounds like it's kind of a soft warning... I've seen other games do this, it has the required warning, but it's not really a hard requirement and just strongly recommended for the day one patch.  But no real confirmation at this point.  As a pseudo collector of physical games it's enough to steer me away... but maybe I'll get it anyways, turn my internet off for an evening, and be the guinea pig and see if it works lol.

25 minutes ago, Dreakon13 said:

I'm getting more and more mildly interested in this game lol.  I'm not really a fan of Harry Potter though I have the movies and probably could watch them sometime, maybe even "marathon" them between now and the games release.  The game seems fun for something a bit different than the usual RPG faire.

Has there been any more word on the box art indicating "Internet Required"?  From what I can tell it sounds like it's kind of a soft warning... I've seen other games do this, it has the required warning, but it's not really a hard requirement and just strongly recommended for the day one patch.  But no real confirmation at this point.  As a pseudo collector of physical games it's enough to steer me away... but maybe I'll get it anyways, turn my internet off for an evening, and be the guinea pig and see if it works lol.

The only thing I have seen online mentioning an internet connection is from the Hogwarts Legacy website and it says that for those who purchase a physical copy, an internet connection will be required to download and install a Day 1 patch. Hopefully that's all that its going to be because I hardly see any reason for it to require a connection at all times

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Dreakon13 said:

Yeah i'm not a fan either really, i don't dislike the films but i'm just not invested in them. I pre-ordered because it looked a decent game.

13 minutes ago, DARKKRAKEN666 said:

Yeah i'm not a fan either really, i don't dislike the films but i'm just not invested in them. I pre-ordered because it looked a decent game.

I haven't really watched the films, I think many years ago I tried marathoning them in a day/night with an ex but I wasn't really paying very close attention after the first few hours.  Probably better to spread out over days or weeks.  I could very well end up enjoying them a lot, and I've had worse reasons to try a new game.

Edited by Dreakon13

3 hours ago, ZinHunterAK said:
  •  Find the Map Chamber as a *house*

Soooo, multiple playthroughs needed? Or am I missing something?

I struggled to read this because it's so light lol But you have a point, hm. It's possible the game wants you to experience all four houses, but I'm wondering if the polyjuice potion would work here. Maybe we can use the potion as [insert house student here] and still get the trophy? ?

10 hours ago, Dreakon13 said:

The official FAQ page says this isn't an online game, so "internet required" is probably just for the download and any updates they roll out since you gotta have internet to get them.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, DrakeHellsing said:

Looks like you have to play the game 4 times to get the platinum, as you seem to have to find the Map Chamber as each of the four houses

Well, it's located even before "attend your first class" trophy and right after introduction, I guess it won't take long.

Coming from someone that has never been a fan of anything Harry Potter (haven't seen any of the movies or read any of the books) HWL looks like a good game and I am a fan of video games in general so I'll definitely be checking it out. Day 1 buy for me but not because I want to play it day 1 but because my gf is a HUGE Harry Potter fan and I'm gonna let her borrow my PS5 so she can play it day 1, I'll be playing it as soon as she's wrapped it up though no doubt.

11 hours ago, NetoStyle said:

Trophy list for those that haven't check it out

I'll leave the link down below.

e54d4a36-75a4-481d-936d-47956fc448b9.jpg

31b417d.png?1674767298

https://www.exophase.com/game/hogwarts-legacy-psn/trophies/

The plat name is a bit disappointing…no longer going to consider it for #100. That being said, still looks like a completion list, which is nice. Seeing how they’re saying like 100 side quests, this may take a while. 

Edited by MidnightDragon

lol Trophy Triumph is plat title? wow. even "Hogwarts Legend" would have been better or "Hogwarts Graduate". Something ykno with the name "Hogwarts".

-Ancient magic on every enemy seems interesting.

- Level 40 is max? thats random.

- Looks like Dragon Age Origins in the sense you have to probably play 1 to 2hrs as each class for 1 trophy.

Otherwise just time consuming.

Edited by Infected Elite

Could be wrong but I think find the map chamber will be something at the start. Like you get into your house and then its something you get when you first go to your common room. So could just have to restart the game 4 times. They are only bronze trophies and at the top of the list so can't see them being long winded trophies. Again could be wrong.

The polyjuice potion idea sounds feasible too. 

I tried not to look into the list too much to avoid spoilers. Almost saw a few too many. But as long as it is long and requires a lot of completion then I'm happy. I hate trophy lists that give you platinums without any effort. Its not what it's about. I don't mind easy just want to experience everything.  

2 minutes ago, parkerdip said:

Could be wrong but I think find the map chamber will be something at the start. Like you get into your house and then its something you get when you first go to your common room. So could just have to restart the game 4 times. They are only bronze trophies and at the top of the list so can't see them being long winded trophies. Again could be wrong.

The polyjuice potion idea sounds feasible too. 

I tried not to look into the list too much to avoid spoilers. Almost saw a few too many. But as long as it is long and requires a lot of completion then I'm happy. I hate trophy lists that give you platinums without any effort. Its not what it's about. I don't mind easy just want to experience everything.  

Yeah, I like trophies that make you experience parts of a game you might otherwise miss or skip over, personally.