Annoyingtiger888

Harry Potter Hogwarts Legacy Game Discussion

91 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, RoastedPeanut said:

I thiiiink if I remember correctly there's a teacher with the surname Weasley around that time as well. 

Professor Matilda Weasley, professor of transfiguration

Ron's great great grandma 😂

10 hours ago, MidnightDragon said:

Still wish they had sold the CE steelbook as its own thing.

There’s some on Etsy. No game. 

I'm getting more and more mildly interested in this game lol.  I'm not really a fan of Harry Potter though I have the movies and probably could watch them sometime, maybe even "marathon" them between now and the games release.  The game seems fun for something a bit different than the usual RPG faire.

Has there been any more word on the box art indicating "Internet Required"?  From what I can tell it sounds like it's kind of a soft warning... I've seen other games do this, it has the required warning, but it's not really a hard requirement and just strongly recommended for the day one patch.  But no real confirmation at this point.  As a pseudo collector of physical games it's enough to steer me away... but maybe I'll get it anyways, turn my internet off for an evening, and be the guinea pig and see if it works lol.

25 minutes ago, Dreakon13 said:

I'm getting more and more mildly interested in this game lol.  I'm not really a fan of Harry Potter though I have the movies and probably could watch them sometime, maybe even "marathon" them between now and the games release.  The game seems fun for something a bit different than the usual RPG faire.

Has there been any more word on the box art indicating "Internet Required"?  From what I can tell it sounds like it's kind of a soft warning... I've seen other games do this, it has the required warning, but it's not really a hard requirement and just strongly recommended for the day one patch.  But no real confirmation at this point.  As a pseudo collector of physical games it's enough to steer me away... but maybe I'll get it anyways, turn my internet off for an evening, and be the guinea pig and see if it works lol.

The only thing I have seen online mentioning an internet connection is from the Hogwarts Legacy website and it says that for those who purchase a physical copy, an internet connection will be required to download and install a Day 1 patch. Hopefully that's all that its going to be because I hardly see any reason for it to require a connection at all times

2 hours ago, Eraezr said:

There’s some on Etsy. No game. 

Didn’t see them.

Edited by MidnightDragon

IGN

Some dude

A couple more videos showing some CC, flying and a mission for Hogwarts Legacy.

Thank goodness for dev-mode cause they technically die during the end fight. 
Challenging game? Not used to the controls/mechanics? Journalist curse? 

3 hours ago, Dreakon13 said:

Yeah i'm not a fan either really, i don't dislike the films but i'm just not invested in them. I pre-ordered because it looked a decent game.

13 minutes ago, DARKKRAKEN666 said:

Yeah i'm not a fan either really, i don't dislike the films but i'm just not invested in them. I pre-ordered because it looked a decent game.

I haven't really watched the films, I think many years ago I tried marathoning them in a day/night with an ex but I wasn't really paying very close attention after the first few hours.  Probably better to spread out over days or weeks.  I could very well end up enjoying them a lot, and I've had worse reasons to try a new game.

Edited by Dreakon13

I think the first 4 are really good. Create a new magical world and filled with fantasy but I feel it drops off quite a bit afterwards and becomes a little dark and a bit more adultish 

3 hours ago, ZinHunterAK said:
  •  Find the Map Chamber as a *house*

Soooo, multiple playthroughs needed? Or am I missing something?

I struggled to read this because it's so light lol But you have a point, hm. It's possible the game wants you to experience all four houses, but I'm wondering if the polyjuice potion would work here. Maybe we can use the potion as [insert house student here] and still get the trophy? 🤔

10 hours ago, Dreakon13 said:

The official FAQ page says this isn't an online game, so "internet required" is probably just for the download and any updates they roll out since you gotta have internet to get them.

Looks like you have to play the game 4 times to get the platinum, as you seem to have to find the Map Chamber as each of the four houses. So, not sure how hard it is to get into your desired house in the end to help get into all four houses.

1 hour ago, Annoyingtiger888 said:

Maybe we can use the potion as [insert house student here] and still get the trophy? 

I completely forgot this is the world of Harry Potter we are talking about lol that could very well be a possiblity!

11 minutes ago, DrakeHellsing said:

Looks like you have to play the game 4 times to get the platinum, as you seem to have to find the Map Chamber as each of the four houses

Well, it's located even before "attend your first class" trophy and right after introduction, I guess it won't take long.