Harry Potter Hogwarts Legacy Game Discussion

Annoyingtiger888

I also see a trophy for winning the House Cup and do wonder if that'll be missable or not. I only wonder as I don't recall if they said it's all story related or not for the House Cup itself. As in, if the points awarded are just from story quests or if you have to go out of your way to get house points in order to get the Cup.

But seeing as how's it's after defeating the final boss (at least, I assume he's the final boss there), it could very well be a case of, defeat the boss, go back to Hogwarts, go to the Great Hall and the Headmaster announces your house as the House Cup winners.

But having said that too, I'll imagine that the game does continue on afterwards where you can just wander around Hogwarts and the other places after the story ends.

3 minutes ago, DrakeHellsing said:

I also see a trophy for winning the House Cup and do wonder if that'll be missable or not. I only wonder as I don't recall if they said it's all story related or not for the House Cup itself. As in, if the points awarded are just from story quests or if you have to go out of your way to get house points in order to get the Cup.

But seeing as how's it's after defeating the final boss (at least, I assume he's the final boss there), it could very well be a case of, defeat the boss, go back to Hogwarts, go to the Great Hall and the Headmaster announces your house as the House Cup winners.

But having said that too, I'll imagine that the game does continue on afterwards where you can just wander around Hogwarts and the other places after the story ends.

Hm, I don't suppose it'll be like the movies? Because you're the "chosen one" and did a bunch of stuff only you can do, you get extra points that makes your house win at the end lol

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, zemiguelreis said:

Sorry about the off-topic reply but does anyone know where's the forum post to share your portrait from the wizarding world website? I saw it a few days ago and now I can't find it anywhere! Wanted to share mine. 

You can share it here. I think that other topic ended up being locked anyway

• Like 1

Thanks! So, just in case some people don't know yet, you can take the "First Year Hogwarts House Quiz" in the wizardingworld website to see which House you belong in.

Also, you will be able to connect your website profile to the Hogwarts Legacy game and choose that house as your main one if you want to.

I was hoping to be a Gryffindor but to be honest Ravenclaw fits best with my personality so I'm happy with that! I will probably do multiple playthroughs when the game releases and choose Gryffindor as the 1st or 2nd one anyway hahah

Here's my portrait!

Pea3z3o.jpg

Edited by zemiguelreis
  • Like 4

Doesn't seem like you can change houses, unless that's unlocked post-game (doubt it) and you can just re-enter the map chamber as each house. It's about 6-7 hours into the game so even if you rush 3 more playthroughs it still adds about 12-15 hours I think. 

4 minutes ago, GT__Jedi said:

I have never played a Harry Potter game but I'm totally sold on this one. What a beautiful game.

Never played one either.

Truth be told not even much of a fan of the movies, although I did enjoy the the side movies with the guy and the little animal things.

Even so I am starting to really look forward to this one. 

Without starting a negative fueled discussion, I came across this: 

After playing 13 hours of the game, other characters in Hogwarts Legacy have consistently used the gender-neutral they/them/their when referring to the main character.” 

To those who’ve played the game, is this an option? Or is this just what it is? 

16 minutes ago, AlesXXVI said:

After playing 13 hours of the game, other characters in Hogwarts Legacy have consistently used the gender-neutral they/them/their when referring to the main character.” 

With the amount of voice acting the game has I imagine they just it was cheaper/easier to do it like that. 

• Like 2

On 27/01/2023 at 9:27 AM, Annoyingtiger888 said:

Hm, I don't suppose it'll be like the movies? Because you're the "chosen one" and did a bunch of stuff only you can do, you get extra points that makes your house win at the end lol

Since the game will be set in the 1800's and Sirius' Great Grandfather, Nigellus is Headmaster, then this is not anything like the films, not even Voldermort [ aka Tom Riddle jr ] has been born yet.  This is the Hogwarts of the Regency/Victorian times in this game.

2 hours ago, DARKKRAKEN666 said:

With the amount of voice acting the game has I imagine they just it was cheaper/easier to do it like that. 

I prefer "Hey you". It's kind of interesting to see various studios approach 'created characters' and the issues it has with dialog. Especially when you can choose a name. I like when they give a nickname that's voiced personally. I think that's a decent compromise. Though I don't really care if I can name a character. I assume you name your wizard. 

I've seen some decent combos on twitter. I'm curious to see what people post after release. Especially about the performance. There hae also been very clear attempts to make gameplay look lame by not actually using anything other than dodge and the main attack spell. People are funny. 

Looks like a decent combat system from what I've seen, the only actual issue i have seen was a boss that would slide toward the player to land an attack. That's pretty lame. Maybe a day 1 patch fixes it, I'm not sure where the footage was specifically from. 

10 minutes ago, MidnightDragon said:

You could always get the digital deluxe, I suppose.

Yeah that's what I'm saying but I'm not paying and additional $80 I've already paid $70 for the standard version there's usually a upgrade for most games to get the additional stuff

Edited by oswald41

3 hours ago, AlesXXVI said:

prob just is what it is unfortunately 

1 hour ago, oswald41 said:

I pre ordered the standard version is there a way to upgrade to the $80 version so I can start playing now?

dont buy digital and then you could always change your preorder in store.

6 hours ago, MidnightDragon said:

PowerPyx says 60-80 hours. So a nice, longer one.

I'd like to finish it this weekend but thats not realistic. I need sleep ?

9 hours ago, RedPage17 said:

Watching fextralife playthrough on twitch while I am working. Really starting to get hyped.

Looks so much better then I expected, although the combat looks pretty easy.

Just wished there were romance options.

ACG stated in his review that the game was surprisingly challenging. I'm assuming you need play on at least normal difficulty for that to apply as he didn't specifically state a difficulty level that I can recall. 

Never watched a movie or read a book in this universe but the reviews sold me on the game. Got the deluxe edition pre-loaded and ready to play when I get home from work in the morning. 

Edited by Killbomb