Scout Prowess: Glide Traversal help

QuentinCle95

Can someone clarify how to go about this trophy? 

All the guides I've read and viewed seem incomplete.

Is there a way to track your height off the ground at any given moment? 

Are you supposed to start the trajectory from the top of the spire on Spires and if so, how do you get to the top? 

The following video shows the player climbing the Spire by Ghokebloom, but in my game, there are no ghokeblooms beyond the first launching pad.

JETT: THE FAR SHORE Scout Prowess Glide Traversal Trophy PS4/PS5 - YouTube

This guide (Scout Prowess: Glide Traversal Trophy in JETT: The Far Shore | PlayStationTrophies.org) is rather confusing, as it doesn't show the starting point, doesn't seem to be very far from the ground, and says to turn on your scramjets "while on Ozu" which is the destination. 

Any help or clarification would be appreciated. 

Thanks a bunch in advance!  

• Like 1

I got it today and here is how I did:

• My save checkpoint was set when the jet was above the water, but you can return back to the Spires land and then go to Ozu, it doesn't void the trophy
  • While on the Spires land, turn on the scramjets (with triangle button) and head south-east to Ozu
  • Don't push R2 at any time, it is not needed as long as your scramjets are on
  • All your way to Ozu, keep pushing X button every few seconds to boost your jet up while pulling back the left stick

It should take 2 minutes, like in the video on PSTrophies.org.

Remember: Go south-east to Ozu, and not just to the east. Otherwise you will end back to Tsosi and that's not what you are supposed to do to get the trophy (I made that mistake several times).

Also, it doesn't matter if the other jet is flying too or if it is just waiting for you to pass next to them to trigger the next step of the mission. I got the trophy while they were still waiting for me on a small island next to the Spires.

I hope this will help. Good luck. ;-)

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

Yeh this isn't clear how to get at all.

Just so you know the quickest way to get after the game is to load up Chapter III Adopt - part vii Evac Spires.

Then deal with the few enemies it tells you to get rid of.

Then just fly to the other island from there (Spires to Ozu) by keep pressing the X button to bounce along. Seemed close to the water a lot of the time but still popped.

• Like 2

• 11 months later...

Hello gamers!

I've followed instructions mentioned on PST and I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. The "Scout Prowess: Glide" popped for me but not the other one that requires you to head to Ozu ("Scout Prowess: Glide Traversal"). I got to the required island and was still gliding all the time. Still didn't get the Glide Traversal. What am I missing? Is it glitched in some way? Also: how often do you have to press the "X"/Pop button? Only while the Jett is lowering its altitude or all the time? I have full vapor tank (45/45) and used only 12 of them but the instructions given at PST say that you need 35 at least. I must be doing something wrong here. Any help would be appreciated because as you know there's not much information about this game.

Add: I've managed to get that trophy on my second account a day after this post. Most YouTubers just start from the ground but it didn't work for me at all. It seems your jett goes down below the required height during the glide which totally voids the trophy. But there's one content creator which posted a video where he pops using ghokeblooms on Spires. This gives him/her a very good start for the flight. The problem is that most people don't have the ghokeblooms there, having some pools (forgot the in-game name) instead. I didn't have them as well UNTIL I came back to the island.

Gathering/popping 64 ghokeblooms seems to spawn them on Spires - there are more of them in the game than this amount, so it's not hard to do. If you have problems with "Scout Prowess: Glide Traversal" try coming back to Spires after you get the "Bolstered" trophy. The aforementioned pools will be replaced with ghokeblooms (there are a couple of them located around and on the high cliff), so you can jump/pop on them thus getting a way better height for the glide. The altitude of your flight will still get lower but the game should count it as staying above the requirements. You can also use some vapor during the glide but I think it's less important than the start of the flight. The rest of the strategy is exactly the same as people mention - hold down on the left stick, press the "X" button frequently and head South-East. The trophy should pop when you get to Ozu. This trophy is actually harder than it looks like and the roadmaps suggest, so good luck!

Edited by The-Smiths-85
Finding a solution.