Trophy thoughts

eXb1azed23

The list hasn't been picked up by the site yet, but it's been published - you can view them here for now. Fairly simple list with a platinum.

The game has been patched and they've also published the PS4 version now, which has been missing since launch last year.

Hopefully an indication that they may go back to other classics without trophy lists and add them. Unfortunately they didn't patch in a way to map buttons to the analog sticks (like you could with PSP games on a PS Vita), so the control scheme you're stuck with isn't very enjoyable to actually play the game with.

Edited by andshrew
  • Like 2

29 minutes ago, NathanielJohn said:

To anyone not familiar with the game, don't confuse "simple" with "easy". The trophy list appears to be the same (or basically the same) as the original Super Stardust HD trophy list, which is hard. In particular, the trophy for getting 15 bombs in Bomber mode is a nightmare.

Yep, no need for "trophy thoughts". Same list as original SSHD PS3 version this time without Co-op trophy from DLC2 (i hope it won't be added) and platinum instead.

And yes, list is "simple", but this game is not an easy Rata-crap, no way. It really requires some skill - 15 bombs in Bomber and reaching 10th nuke are no joke.

People who complained about "InkSplosion" shall stay away from it :D.

I am super happy that I could play it again! Did previous 3 versions @100%. Time for PS5 now. One of my firsts games on PS3 (and trophies :d).
I really, really like and enjoyed all three!

So, if I am understanding correctly, there shall / is PS4 version of it as well which is... Not syncable yet, I guess? 
Still at work, can't check, grrr :].

Stardust foerver!

9 minutes ago, MonaSaxPayne said:

isn't the same game as super stardust ultra on PS4? trophy requirements look similar 

PS4 SSU has way much more trophies, but some of course are the same.

Edited by Smashero
  • Like 1

Edit:

I just got an info from a friend who got it already:

- two lists: PS4, PS5,

- controls exactly like on PSP so left stick only - will be a bit more difficult BUT!

- REWIND MODE and SAVE STATE like in "Pinball Heroes" which makes this game WAY much easier (I wouldn't state 1/10 yet - have to check by myself),

Edit: Checked - 1/10 due to options mentioned above.

Edited by Smashero
  • Like 4

Super Stardust Portable got updated with a Platinum trophy list! 

This is awesome to see and its the first game I remember in a long time get trophy support patched in retroactively. 

Will try to grab that Platinum tonight, and I hope the other first party games that don't have trophies like Echochrome, Jumping Flash, Locoroco etc. get trophies added to them as well!

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Duck_mann86 said:

Super Stardust Portable got updated with a Platinum trophy list! 

This is awesome to see and its the first game I remember in a long time get trophy support patched in retroactively. 

Will try to grab that Platinum tonight, and I hope the other first party games that don't have trophies like Echochrome, Jumping Flash, Locoroco etc. get trophies added to them as well!

The fact that Super Stardust Portable got them updated in retroactively is cool. I would like more trophies for the classics. It would be cool if they patched them in for the Toy Story games, and some others.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, pavelbagirov said:

If you bought this already on ps3/vita need to buy again or it’s free like Syphon Filter?

No free upgrade if you already own it.

Edit: looks like there may be a free upgrade available everywhere except European regions right now. They'll likely fix that in the new few days.

Edited by andshrew
Free upgrade may be available
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Duck_mann86 said:

I hope that is the case. Adding a Platinum trophy really does give people more incentive to try out these classic games. 

After Stardust Portable, the only 1st party games that have yet to get trophies are:
-Echochrome
-Echoshift 
-Kingdom of Paradise
-Locoroco Midnight Carnival 
-No Heroes Allowed
-Jumping Flash 

I hope star wars demolition gets trophies,

2 hours ago, Smashero said:

This version is a 1/10 due to REWIND and SAVE STATE mode - just wanted to confirm my info above.

Can be easily done in ~1h.

This actually saddens me greatly. Part of the charm of the SS series is it's difficulty. Although I think I've only ever done the easiest one of the bunch (Vita), it was still very satisfying for me to 100%. I can't wait to do the ps3 and ps4 versions. Some gamers get enjoyment from completing a challenge. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, xenomorfi2 said:

Just done it, you have a sort of "replay" that you can use when you want and it's EXTREMELY useful, nothing is too hard thanks to that 

Is it the same game as the ps3 version or has the asteroid count been reduced and the difficulty in general lowered? (Because the game itself is harder right, I mean shooting with the buttons is really weird compared to right stick shooting on console...)