DeadDexterous

FIFA 23 FUT online matches fixed?

5 posts in this topic

Just a question, do you feel your FUT online matches are fixed in FIFA 23? Feel free to share any experiences.

Why do I ask?...

I know officially "No matches are fixed". Clearly I just came up against better opponents. Or I'm not playing as good as I did another time, maybe I'm no good at FIFA or I don't like losing etc etc... I tend to find any 4 or 5 star review of this game with a comment like that ignorant. I'm sided with the majority of 1 star reviews.

Well I play both of my sons FUT Champions qualifying matches (Seperate accounts).

For the primary, I bought ultimate edition for £89.99. I've played the 10 matches 6 times and qualified 6 times. I find his matches easy. Also I usually land on 8 out of 10 wins for his div rivals weekly reward (Currently Division 4).

However for my youngest son, the secondary account, who's never had a penny put into FIFA 23. I have played the 10 FUT champions qualifying matches 5 times ... and never qualified.

Despite playing the same formation, tactics, and 9 out of 11 same players (6 of which Icons from SBC's) as my other sons primary account. 4 attempts of which I finished on 19/20 points... If you play FIFA you know that number, it's 'Keep playing your only 1 win away'. Can't deny I find it infuriating finishing on that number of points.

Again I play his div rivals and usually land on 8 out of 10/11 wins for weekly rewards (Currently Division 5).

I feel a massive change in his team from div rivals to FUT Champs. Players don't move, run, pass, shoot the same at all. I find it very strange that I am unable to qualify despite playing the exact same way as I do on my other sons account. (Many variables but ultimately my conclusion is something's not right with FIFA 23 rather than me being unlucky on one particular account).

Now I am not 'good' at FIFA (I did the FIFA 22 Platinum and was sat in Div 2 most of the time going WLWLWL and decided not to try to Platinum FIFA 23).

But I am an adult and can see clear changes in gameplay. I can feel when the game is helping me score 3 goals in the first 10 match minutes. I can feel when the game is stopping me from scoring at all, the kind of goals I would have scored over and over in a different match just won't go in.

So was just looking to read your experiences around FUT and how you feel about your matches and the time you have spent with it.

Much love, Half drunk OP.

I've always felt that there's some kind of match fixing regarding all FUT whether it being forcing you to go against all star teams whenever you get on a streak to just going against you. I decided against getting 23 after getting tired of the rehashed model but I know that scripting has came up several times in the past with every Fifa ever made and they deny it. At some point coincidence has to become reality I believe 

I find most issues with gameplay are to do with servers with FIFA 23, which can make it feel like the match is scripted/fixed and everything feels sluggish or delayed no matter how hard you try. This also can have a big impact on your team's AI, not tracking/making runs/being out of position etc.

Really bizarre you can't seem to qualify with the secondary account, the only thing I think is that maybe you are playing WL qualification at a specific time on that account in which your connection suffers with delay? I'm guessing you've probably tried at different times/days but if not perhaps give it a go if you haven't. Still, it's really odd, considering how consistent you are at qualifying on the other account. 

Relating to playing at specific times, I did my WL during peak hours (5pm - 9pm UK time, during TOTY release which will have a considerably bigger server load than normal) on my main account and played WL on my second RTG account during lower server traffic (5am - 8am UK time the following morning). My RTG account's team is weaker than my main account, but ended up having a much better week than my main account did as gameplay felt fluid and responsive. Can be quite frustrating to see that happen. 

Edited by Glorious Fury

Totally agree, haven’t spent any money this year and when playing FUT Champs the game decides to throw the best opponents against me with god teams, my friends get better records even though I normally beat almost all of them. I’ve felt there’s been fixing since around fifa 20 but it’s really kicking in this year.

Also feeling stiffed on my pack luck but that could just be me 😂

On 25/01/2023 at 5:28 AM, fsluca said:

Also feeling stiffed on my pack luck but that could just be me 1f602.png

With you on this. On the primary account around 20 walk outs this week 87, 88, 89's and that's from average packs like 80+, 81+ double. So many that I managed to throw the whole Kaka SBC together in around half an hour without spending a single coin.

The secondary account has had 1 or 2 walk outs, today alone we opened 6 Div rivals packs, 5 Marquee match ups packs & 3 packs from Homegrown eleven and the highest card was an 84. So it's a bit of a joke when I see one account getting great cards daily and the other account not being given anything. Especially when around the same effort is put into both teams.

@Glorious Fury Yeah 100% agree with you especially on playing at particular times & I tend to avoid playing online matches between 5pm - 9pm. I'm yet to try again to qualify on the secondary for FUT Champs but I do vary times and days I play on it and still nothing has been working so far. I even have a rule that I won't play online for them for at least the first week or so of a new season to allow for better players to move back to the divisions they've dropped from after the reset.