Danger Zone

MoonAtomic_

Ah, you're very close to the platinum. Congrats! 

I've taken a break from the game because I'm doing a few PSNProfile Challenges this year, and one of them is to complete a US-based game in July, so I'm saving this for then. 

I don't have the Danger Zone trophy yet, but my plan is to play Apocalypse mode on the middle difficulty setting. Collect those six items during the initial scavenge, and then break them through expeditions and events. If possible, maybe also pick up the suitcase so that I can carry more of said items on an expedition! That said, I have no idea how difficult that will be. 

The reason I'm going to do it on medium difficulty is because stuff doesn't break often enough on Little Boy difficulty, whereas with Tsar Bomba difficulty, it breaks really easily but you die too easily too – so expeditions and illnesses become too challenging to juggle with using all the items. Like I said, I haven't done it yet though, so my thinking may be flawed. 

Edited by Finch_III
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, Finch_III said:

Ah, you're very close to the platinum. Congrats! 

I've taken a break from the game because I'm doing a few PSNProfile Challenges this year, and one of them is to complete a US-based game in July, so I'm saving this for then. 

I don't have the Danger Zone trophy yet, but my plan is to play Apocalypse mode on the middle difficulty setting. Collect those six items during the initial scavenge, and then break them through expeditions and events. If possible, maybe also pick up the suitcase so that I can carry more of said items on an expedition! That said, I have no idea how difficult that will be. 

The reason I'm going to do it on medium difficulty is because stuff doesn't break often enough on Little Boy difficulty, whereas with Tsar Bomba difficulty, it breaks really easily but you die too easily too – so expeditions and illnesses become too challenging to juggle with using all the items. Like I said, I haven't done it yet though, so my thinking may be flawed. 

Hey there again! ? 

Ever since we spoke about the game some more I really wanted to try and push for this platinum once and for all! I saw you were doing some challenges and they seem really damn cool and hope you have a lot of fun with them! (Might check some out myself) 

What I ended up doing for Danger Zone was starting the game on Apocalypse Mode and collecting the needed items:

- Mask 

- Gun

- Map

- Flashlight 

- Radio

- Medkit 

- one family member

From there I made a backup save and basically repeated the next ingame 30 days over and over until the RNG gods gave me mercy. It popped when I wasn't even expecting it too which leads into my suspicion that some items can be broken and then replaced and still work? I did try using the suitcase too but found that more often then not some items just didn't want to break and I'd bring back more stuff! But I really do like your thinking and I believe that's a solid plan! 

My routine would be: 

- Scavenge with one family member (take mask)

- Heal family member (use medkit) 

- Wait for destruction event (hope radio and map are included) 

- wait for defend situation (use gun) 

- send family member once again (use flashlight) 

This is what seemed to work for me but I think its important to have both of our perspectives and planning for anyone who might browse this down the line! Thanks again for always sharing your kindness with me and for always being so, so helpful too. Hopefully I can get the Panzer trophy today! 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, mattfry94 said:

Hey there again! 1f604.png 

Ever since we spoke about the game some more I really wanted to try and push for this platinum once and for all! I saw you were doing some challenges and they seem really damn cool and hope you have a lot of fun with them! (Might check some out myself) 

What I ended up doing for Danger Zone was starting the game on Apocalypse Mode and collecting the needed items:

- Mask 

- Gun

- Map

- Flashlight 

- Radio

- Medkit 

- one family member

From there I made a backup save and basically repeated the next ingame 30 days over and over until the RNG gods gave me mercy. It popped when I wasn't even expecting it too which leads into my suspicion that some items can be broken and then replaced and still work? I did try using the suitcase too but found that more often then not some items just didn't want to break and I'd bring back more stuff! But I really do like your thinking and I believe that's a solid plan! 

My routine would be: 

- Scavenge with one family member (take mask)

- Heal family member (use medkit) 

- Wait for destruction event (hope radio and map are included) 

- wait for defend situation (use gun) 

- send family member once again (use flashlight) 

This is what seemed to work for me but I think its important to have both of our perspectives and planning for anyone who might browse this down the line! Thanks again for always sharing your kindness with me and for always being so, so helpful too. Hopefully I can get the Panzer trophy today! 

No problem dude. Your way seems logical – I think making a manual save when you're able to scavenge all the items is a great idea. Maybe even manual saves each time you use/break one too. 

I've got a bit of grinding to do on the Panzer/Ice cream truck trophies. I'm on the 'final' step of the tank – just need to have 5 soup cans when the prompt comes. And then hopefully cross my fingers that I get the ice cream truck next time round – I'm guessing the RNG can be brutal for that if you keep getting the same vehicle! 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Finch_III said:

No problem dude. Your way seems logical – I think making a manual save when you're able to scavenge all the items is a great idea. Maybe even manual saves each time you use/break one too. 

I've got a bit of grinding to do on the Panzer/Ice cream truck trophies. I'm on the 'final' step of the tank – just need to have 5 soup cans when the prompt comes. And then hopefully cross my fingers that I get the ice cream truck next time round – I'm guessing the RNG can be brutal for that if you keep getting the same vehicle! 

I finally got my platinum! I know when you put your time to it back in the summer you'll complete this game no problem!

Also if I remember correctly, I believe I received the ice cream truck twice but I wasn't too aware of the tank and should have restarted the run instead of doing the truck all over again, if that was possible! 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, mattfry94 said:

I finally got my platinum! I know when you put your time to it back in the summer you'll complete this game no problem!

Also if I remember correctly, I believe I received the ice cream truck twice but I wasn't too aware of the tank and should have restarted the run instead of doing the truck all over again, if that was possible! 

Congrats! I got the Danger Zone trophy today. I'm just playing it in bits and pieces, and will probably leave one trophy for a quick finish in July. Glad you finally got around to clearing it off your backlog though. 

• Like 1

On 28/01/2023 at 6:07 PM, Finch_III said:

Congrats! I got the Danger Zone trophy today. I'm just playing it in bits and pieces, and will probably leave one trophy for a quick finish in July. Glad you finally got around to clearing it off your backlog though. 

Happy to hear you got Danger Zone and I'm very confident you're going to wrap this up nicely! Good luck with the challenges!